Where is your favorite place to go swimming?

Ocean

SynysterGates

River

TiffaneeRooster

Lake

StarzAbove

Pond

Nobody :(

Pool

astral_queenTrishSkunkyDandyDonBlewynanifailChuck_Tomomegaopinions

Water Theme Parks

Nobody :(

With the Crocodiles

Nobody :(

Other

LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundredJustJimColoazlotto

doctorwho1011TiffaneeStarzAboveSkunkyDandyDonAdaWill_JanitorBlewynanifailazlottoRoosterSynysterGatesChuck_Tom

It used to be my pool but now it's the American River by Sailor Bar. Nice and cool and a couple of rope swings around.

Rooster Rooster

I have a small lazy river on the back side of my property. It's not deep enough to swim, but deep enough to lay back and skinny dip in on hot, muggy days here. Love country life.
I also love swimming in the ocean 20 or so minutes away, but you have two options up here swimming in the Atlantic....either torture yourself and go in gradually, or just get it over with and dive in because it is so FREAKIN' cold, even in Summer. It knocks the breath out of you. The only thing lacking are having ice floe's drift by. Talk about pucker factor.

Freeranger Freeranger

Not swimming with sharks or alligators.

I used to not be worried about swimming in freshwater, until the day I was out fishing and saw an alligator that looked like it could easily snap me in half..

After that if I tried swimming in freshwater, I kept having this mental picture of a 15 foot alligator, slowly rising from the bottom, to chomp down on me...not doing that anymore..

Not as many lethal threats in a pool..

DandyDon DandyDon

In response to “Not swimming with sharks or alligators. I...

kids and ignorant people pee in pools, plus all that Clorox makes your hair discolored if you are a blonde. I don't like pools

LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred

In response to “kids and ignorant people pee in pools, plus...

I know, that's why I don't really do much swimming.

DandyDon DandyDon

Anywhere where the water is a comfortable temperature, relatively clean, and doesn't have snakes or other animals that want to bite.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

Rooster Rooster

I haven't been swiming in yearrs I don't want anyone to see my fat - used to be my camp a nice lake but it isn't as clean any longer and slimy stuff grows on the rocks. Stupid rich people came and turned all the nice camps into big lawned cottages and the fertilizer gets into the water making it less clean. I probably won't swim again unless at a beach in some warm place Hawaii was nice maybe I will go back.

Any warm body of water including my clawfoot bathtub.

ozzyboy ozzyboy

Ocean or pool

Flrdsgns Flrdsgns

Pool and sometimes lakes.

Skunky Skunky

Neighbor's pool and a lake.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “Neighbor's pool and a lake.

Mm lucky neighbor (xp)

Zolfie Zolfie OP

In response to “Mm lucky neighbor (xp)

Lucky me! (biggrin)

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “Lucky me! (biggrin)

That too :)

Zolfie Zolfie OP

In response to “That too :)

(y)

StarzAbove StarzAbove

I kind of have anxiety about natural water sources sometimes. Whether it be animals, bacteria, other pathogens, vegetation touching me... I'm kind of a wuss. Oddly, my mind ignores that n the ocean with the creatures which could actually kill you lol

Trish Trish

In response to “I kind of have anxiety about natural water...

I know what you mean, lake mess sometimes messes with me more than ocean seaweed or something (xp)

Zolfie Zolfie OP

It was the pool in my back yard. Now it's my ex's favorite place to go swimming.

azlotto azlotto