Are there any companies or brands whose services and/or goods you actively refuse to use?

Piper2DandyDonBozetteOzSurferProdigalSonRoosterSynysterGates

Explained by astral_queen...

There are a lot of things that don't get my money simply because my wife is the most frugal person I've ever met, but there are some we refuse to buy from, such as Hobby Lobby, Chick-fil-A, amazon, and Nestlé. How about you???? And I mean like actively do not use these. If you live somewhere that you don't even have the opportunity to not patron a certain place, that doesn't really count, ya know?

Refuse to spend money with companies, yes...too many to list.

Bozette Bozette

I don't really boycott any companies, but I am very picky about the food I purchase. I refuse to buy any food that is from China, or Mexico. I won't buy a lot of American brands either due to the chemicals they use as preservatives. I also don't buy anything with soy in it as I don't like GMO products.

Flrdsgns Flrdsgns

iPhone and Apple computers, Fender guitar and today's American car brands.

SynysterGates SynysterGates

Your list (Chick fill a, Nestle, Hobby Lobby) + anything with palm kernel oil, and I won't even enter a Walmart.

VicZinc VicZinc

G.E. products

hootowl hootowl

not right now, but that won't stop me from telling some I will boycott , Right now I am angry with spectrum internet because they keep dropping services I like to use.

LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred

In response to “not right now, but that won't stop me from...

But they have great commercials! (hehe)

Flrdsgns Flrdsgns

Bozette Bozette

I try to avoid anything made in China - that is a challenge all by itself. On food, I spend more time reading the labels than in eating the product. I have a garden to avoid chemicals, GMO's, etc as much as possible.
Clothing is an issue so I do very little shopping. I'm just not a very good consumer.

ozzyboy ozzyboy

If I want the product or service, I'll buy it..

If I want grape Pop-Tarts, I'm not going to stop buying grape Pop-Tarts because Joe Blow politician, that I don't agree with...likes grape-Tarts.

That's the kind of stuff that starts building up and rolling around in your brain, making you nuttier than a squirrels den..

DandyDon DandyDon

In response to “If I want the product or service, I'll buy...

When nuttier than a squirrel's den is your default...it's really not a big deal. (biggrin)

Bozette Bozette

In response to “When nuttier than a squirrel's den is your...

True...All is normal. (biggrin)

DandyDon DandyDon

Sorry for going off on a tangent but when i was a little kid, we used to have a tv show segment called, The Nutty Squirrels and it was jazz singing squirrels. I kinda loved the jazz feel as a 7 year old and they played it well into the 80's. So just posting a part of my childhood even though it makes no sense at all lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UU19UE4IOWg

OzSurfer OzSurfer

I won't buy Nabisco products since the US government gave them millions of dollars to upgrade their facilities and then they sold a portion of the company to a Mexican company and that's where Oreos are now made.

Linnster Linnster

In response to “I won't buy Nabisco products since the US...

hat is interesting to know. I can live without nabisco if I want to do so(allthethings)

Nickelback and anyone that listens to them.

ProdigalSon ProdigalSon

In response to “Nickelback and anyone that listens to them.

Add Bon Jovi to your list.

SynysterGates SynysterGates

In response to “Add Bon Jovi to your list.

Ha I could withstand Bon Jovi way more than Nickelback.

ProdigalSon ProdigalSon

In response to “Ha I could withstand Bon Jovi way more than...

I can't stand Jon Bon Jovi. He's a business man, not an artist and he can't sing. Too bad Richie Sambora is part of that band, he's good guitarist.

SynysterGates SynysterGates

In response to “I can't stand Jon Bon Jovi. He's a business...

Oh I understand the hate. He's a total sellout.

ProdigalSon ProdigalSon

I have heard of that but I don't know the music, sadly we get few radio stations here in northern maine.

I won't buy Sears appliances. But other than that, I don't boycott any brand or store.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “I won't buy Sears appliances. But other...

Sears is nearly out of business anyway. At one time, Sears sold 50% of all home appliances. How times change and now they are barely hanging on.

Flrdsgns Flrdsgns

In response to “Sears is nearly out of business anyway. At...

The Sears store in my area has closed. I think we bought a water heater long ago, it was a dud, so we have never bought anything else in the way of appliances ever again.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

Starbucks coffee. So overpriced for the product that they must be staying in business because the snob appeal attracts enough customers to keep them profitable regardless of their poor value for the dollar.

goblue1968 goblue1968

In response to “Starbucks coffee. So overpriced for the...

Some 15+ years ago, Starbucks had a good cup of coffee --- last I had about 5 years ago (no other coffee available in particular area I was in), it was 'dish water.' I avoid them today since they decided to become so 'political.' Prefer Seattle's Best over Starbucks anyway.

Seonag Seonag

Your list is interesting - it includes Hobby Lobby, Chick-fil-A, amazon. I shop regularly at each one. Not for any political reason, I just like their products and services.

I go out of my way to find American made alternatives to China made stuff. I also will make the extra effort to find a small business to buy from before a big corporate place.

Budwick Budwick

In response to “Your list is interesting - it includes Hobby...

small! business! support!!! i love it.

astral_queen astral_queen OP

I would never fly Virgin again, cannot stand Branson's attitude to our democratic vote to leave the eu....

JD JD

Papa John's, Jimmy Johns for sure. Probably more I can't think of right this second.

Trish Trish

In response to “Papa John's, Jimmy Johns for sure. Probably...

We don't buy from those either! I had completely forgotten about them. Garbage CEOs.

astral_queen astral_queen OP

Yes. I don't like Netflix.

Rembio Rembio