The  Federal Government has been funding  redundant  and cruel  animal experiments...."testing",  for far too long.

VicZincSynysterGatesDandyDonLorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundredOzSurferPartyOfOneCarlaRoosterChuck_TomTrishCreamcrackeredHimVrendowlZolfie404_Errorowlheadsharpoxjustinhearmenow

Nobody :)

doctorwho1011Piper2DandyDonBozetteOzSurferForkNdaRoadPartyOfOneCarlaRoosterSynysterGatesHimChuck_Tom
The Federal Government has been funding redundant and cruel animal experiments...."testing", for far too long.

Any testing can be done on rats. Poor doggies no more.

LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred

In response to “Any testing can be done on rats. Poor...

And poor rats.

Piper2 Piper2 OP

In response to “And poor rats.

Ever been invaded by mice or rats? All sympathy for them goes away very quickly. Thank goodness my dog has frightened or eaten them this last winter.

In response to “Ever been invaded by mice or rats? All...

I live trap mice and I take them out in the woods and let them go. It's easy.

Him Him

I clicked agree on the basis that any government that conducts experiments on animals that hurt them should be stopped. I started to read the article and if true it's disgusting. It makes me wonder if the people who instigate these kinds of test have dogs as pets for their kids and how they can look at those dogs in the eye knowing they do this. Situations like this challenge my conscience. I love dogs so would never want anything like this to happen to them, but then i hate rats and don't care at all as to what tests are done on them. So then i think, just because rats are dirty and less intelligent, do they feel less, or have less rights than our dogs? I struggle at this point, but I'm being honest (sad)

OzSurfer OzSurfer

In response to “I clicked agree on the basis that any...

Unfortunately, that cruel and often redundant and unnecessary animal testing goes on every day, including by the government, is indisputable. Yes, it's hard to even think about their suffering.

It is my understanding, that rats are quite intelligent, and I'm sure they don't really feel less.

Piper2 Piper2 OP

In response to “Unfortunately, that cruel and often...

It's true ... part of the criteria for selecting lab animals is their level of intelligence.

I have a friend I tease often, because she doesn't believe we should use intelligent animals in lab experiments - but has no problem eating calamari. She doesn't appreciate me pointing out that squids/octopi are among the most intelligent animals.

Walt_OReagun Walt_OReagun

In response to “It's true ... part of the criteria for...

So I've heard. Rats are often selected for more reasons than one, of course. Like the fact that they are similar to humans in some ways, including 90% of genes, supposedly.

I understand. No one likes it pointed out that pigs are among the most intelligent animals, either.

Piper2 Piper2 OP

They could use people in prison. Make those "rats" pay for their keep.

It is difficult to imagine the suffering. Anyone who knows me, knows my feelings for living creatures.
But...let's put that aside if we can...
The amount of taxpayers funds being used is outrageous. The medical and pharmaceutical and research industries make trillions of dollars. Let them do the research. But in a humane way.

Carla Carla

In response to “It is difficult to imagine the suffering...

It surely is, Carla. I am trying to keep my own feelings about other creatures, and animal experiments in general, out of this too. For now, anyway.
Yes. I hear a lot of outrage from people about their taxpayer money being spent on certain things. I brought up the billions spent annually on mostly pointless animal experiments to one of those people once.....not a peep in response, about that.

Piper2 Piper2 OP

In response to “It surely is, Carla. I am trying to keep my...

Of course not, piper. Bo and you both point to so much waste. But what i hear from most are the complaints regarding welfare. And, of course, how all the illegal people here are on it....

Carla Carla

In response to “Of course not, piper. Bo and you both point...

Although the wasteful spending our government is undeniably guilty of is concerning, I've rarely said much about it here, myself.

Yeah....welfare, "entitlements", birth control, public broadcasting...and of course, Planned Parenthood.

Piper2 Piper2 OP

In response to “Although the wasteful spending our government...

Dirty words, pipes....

Carla Carla

In response to “Dirty words, pipes....

To who?
Ah....ya know what? never mind (zip)

Him Him

In response to “To who? Ah....ya know what? never mind (zip)

If you meant "never mind" you would never have hit the enter button.

Carla Carla

In response to “If you meant "never mind" you would...

I mean it because I already know the answer.

Him Him

If the information provided is accurate, this is horrible and of course it should be stopped.

It would explain so much about the inner-workings of the VA though. Just says so much about the humanity of an individual that they could do something so cruel, and seemingly unnecessary, to an innocent life.

ForkNdaRoad ForkNdaRoad

In response to “If the information provided is accurate, this...

As far the amount of government funding that goes towards often pointless animal "testing" in general, I'm fairly certain the figure is close.
Considering what I've been reading through the years about animal research, from numerous sources, I do not doubt what is going on at the VA.
https://www.militarytimes.com/n...e-experiments/

Piper2 Piper2 OP

Animal lovers pay taxes too. Why was I not asked?

Animals , birds, fish, insects, and reptiles can see, hear, they are all a life form capable of feeling both love, pain, illness, and terror.

Use people on death row.

No, I don't have any proof. I don't need any. It's my opinion. That's my right, and I will live accordingly, and that's my choice.

Him Him

In response to “Animal lovers pay taxes too. Why was I not...

They surely do. That is why I wonder why I seldom hear them lament about this particular thing.

If not for so many people on death row who have been found innocent of their accused crimes, I might agree.

Mammals are generally the major victim of choice for animal research, for obvious reasons. I have no doubt, that they feel everything you mentioned.

Piper2 Piper2 OP

That's what the government want you to think.

Clinton Clinton