At some point, before your 18th birthday, did you sneak out of the house after your parents/guardian went to sleep and, if so, what was the reason?
  • Featured on the home page on May 18th 2018
  • Post Of The Day on Jun 14th 2018

Piper2StarzAboveSofiaAdaSunny_the_skepticProdigalSonRoosterSynysterGatesChuck_Tom

I was 16 with a friend sleeping overnight. Neither of us was tired and were bored beyond words. With my parents asleep for more than an hour, we made our escape onto the lower porch roof and down to the grass. We had no plan other than to see what people did at that time of the night. We headed toward downtown, met very little traffic until a couple older teens headed our way; their body language and facial expressions were screaming; FIGHT. Right at that moment it sucked to be me. My weight was at 128, never pumped iron, wouldn't know a sit-up from a sit-in, and I think that's what saved me. The one bulky guy went after my bulky buddy while the second toughie held a nut pick to my upper chest. Thirty seconds into the fight a police cruiser rolled up, told them to get lost but for us to get in the patrol car. I had to give them my parents' number while the cop drove in the direction of my street... you know the rest. That was the last time I went full on stupid.

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne OP

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne OP

In response to “I was 16 with a friend sleeping overnight...

Wow what a story, I have had a similar experience once too. It was on new years eve and I was with a friend of mine, we were 19 I think. Usually in that time we have quite the fireworks in the city center so we went, on our way back a group of 5-6 drunk kids our age started shouting at us, you could smell the cheap champagne that they gave for free at the center a mile away from them. My friend ran, I tried too but I was slow plus I was afraid not to slip on ice or something since being on the ground I thought they'd kick the hell out of me. One of them caught up and started hitting my face from behind, he hit like a ****, didn't even bloody my lip, but I knew that if I didnt give them something they'd gang up on me so I gave them the two bucks in my pocket. A bit later my friend came back with his dad but the drunks were somewhere else by then.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

In response to “Wow what a story, I have had a similar...

Every one in a gang is brave when they're against fewer people. I'm sorry you had that experience (frown)

Thanks for your input, Sunny - I appreciate it :)

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne OP

Again why do boys love to fight so much. Glad you lived sunny

LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred

Oh no why do boys love to fight so much??

In response to “Oh no why do boys love to fight so much??

To win the eye of a girl; to prepare themself for an unintended battle, and so on. I've never had an interest in playing badass.

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne OP

Never.I was boring!

Blewynanifail Blewynanifail

In response to “Never.I was boring!

Boring is a good thing - a very, very good thing - I've made a practice of that ever since :)

Thanks for your feedback and your company - both were more than welcome :D

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne OP

My mother was a bit of an insomniac and even when she did sleep a pin drop would instantly wake her up. There was never any sneaking out for me. Not that I was cool enough to have somewhere to go anyway.

ProdigalSon ProdigalSon

In response to “My mother was a bit of an insomniac and even...

Your mom's insomnia may have saved your life :) At that time of the night, all kinds of creeps come out of the woodwork - little did I know that, then, though :(

Thanks for taking some time to share your input - nice of you to do that ;)

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne OP

Yeah, I did a couple of times and it was to late night party with some friends. My Father hated all my friends and that was about the only way to get out and party with them!

Rooster Rooster

In response to “Yeah, I did a couple of times and it was to...

That might've been me if I had other types of friends but they and I were low key - willing to look and listen but not quite ready to test the water... not at 16 :)

Thanks for your input, sir ;D

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne OP

Yes, also never got caught.

Why? To do all the things I couldn't when they were awake, of course.

ForkNdaRoad ForkNdaRoad

In response to “Yes, also never got caught. Why? To do all...

Lol... that's a good enough reason for me :D

Thanks very much for posting your input ;)

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne OP

Nope, never did.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “Nope, never did.

I had a feeling that, if you posted, it would be either: I thought about it but backed-out, or: nope, never did. :D I'm sure your folks would be glad you didn't either, lol

Thanks for your input, Starz :D

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne OP

In response to “I had a feeling that, if you posted, it would...

haha I never had occasion to slip out....I had too many siblings that would have told on me. lol

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “haha I never had occasion to slip out....I...

Lol. My siblings might have, too, (I have 5) but had my own room, thankfully :D If I had to share, one of us would be dead, lol

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne OP

In response to “Lol. My siblings might have, too, (I have 5)...

hahaha I had five sisters, two brothers, all were married and out of the house when I was born, except two sisters. I have never had a room of my own. That would be a luxury. lol

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “hahaha I had five sisters, two brothers, all...

I'm glad you survived all that or I'd be a person short on the post (biggrin)

We have a sunny day and warm temperatures before a very soggy weekend hits so I'd better bid you an excellent Friday then take advantage ;)

Thanks for sharing a good part of your day with me :D

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne OP

In response to “I'm glad you survived all that or I'd be a...

hahaha, I'm a "strong" woman, had to be growing up in a large family. lol

Cool and sunny here, I'm heading out to buy some flowers, enjoy your weekend.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

Starz glad you stayed in a young woman could really end up in trouble or worse - especially if you had come face to face with the people some of our other members talked about.

In response to “Starz glad you stayed in a young woman could...

Thanks, I was pretty fortunate to have escaped all of that. My parents trusted me and wasn't about to let them down.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

I did, several times because of friends mostly but also because there was this girl I was getting along quite well. We were often a group of friends, that's how we met, we became pretty close. Sometimes she called me outside at midnight, sneaking out was no problem because my grandparents were long asleep by then. Those were the good days, we often spent our time hugging on some bench or sidewalk, few times she even let me play with her bra and stuff, I hadn't tried unhooking one back then.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

In response to “I did, several times because of friends...

Aahhh... a girl calling out to a guy at midnight sounds romantic, promising :D You lucky, lucky man. And thank god it was at a time when your grandparents were long asleep, leaving you many hours of not being discovered - bwahaha :P

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne OP

In response to “Aahhh... a girl calling out to a guy at...

Interesting fact, my grandpa somehow found out because one day he asked "Who was that girl with you in front of the house?" probably because of his prostate was ringing during night.

Probably wasn't a good idea to fiddle around with her in front of my own home. My grandparent's house is pretty big, the house itself is on the 2nd and 3rd floor while the 1st is a workshop, he probably saw us from the balcony.

And yeah this girl was a bit crazy and tomboyish, she once bit my head, I didn't even know it was possible, perhaps it was an excuse to kiss it later who knows. Somehow that's the type I fall for despite claiming to prefer the good girls.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

In response to “Interesting fact, my grandpa somehow found...

At that age in my life I would've given her my head, my neck, and part of a shoulder after we fulfilled my needs (a)... it's only fair :) Oh, and after your grandpa went back to bed ;D

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne OP

No need my parents let me do whatever I wanted, so long as my gradea were good. Plus I was shy and knew few people when I was young. At 18 I started living away from home, and spent time with really wild people, so I learned to be more outgoing.

In response to “No need my parents let me do whatever I...

Well, that's good you didn't have the need to sneak... doing that always made me feel a little like a criminal.

Thanks, Lorraine, for your input - it's always appreciated :)

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne OP

Can't sneak out here cause the door makes too much noise and I wouldn't even bother with that window cause the screen thing would be a pain to put back..at least that's what I assume

Crimson Crimson

In response to “Can't sneak out here cause the door makes too...

In that case it's a good thing you didn't try - screens will be noisy in the dead of night; definitely not worth the consequences :)

Thanks for taking the time to post your input... nice of you to do that (biggrin)

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne OP

In response to “In that case it's a good thing you didn't try...

Even if I did quietly get out that way, climbing back in would be a bit difficult. There would be no reason to sneak out anyway, nothing interesting ever happens around here anyway. At least not for me.

Crimson Crimson

In response to “Even if I did quietly get out that way...

Well, the one time I tried it, that could've landed me in the hospital - it definitely landed me in trouble with my dad. I wouldn't advise a lone person doing it, just in case you run across some questionable people.

I'd rather have you here than on the street by yourself. (wink)

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne OP

In response to “Well, the one time I tried it, that could've...

All of the questionable people I've seen around here seem too weak to harm me, I've got lightning quick reflexes and I'm capable of defending myself. I wouldn't go out without taking some sort of weapon with me in case I had to use it. I was actually attacked by two guys when I was alone once at night during summer without anything to defend myself other than my own body, they came running at me but I punched one in the gut, then kicked the other in the shin. After that I grabbed both of their necks, squeezed a bit, grabbed their faces and slammed em down and kicked em while they were down. When they got up they ran. They were lucky I decided not to report them to authorities. I should have beat them up worse to truly leave my mark on them.

Crimson Crimson

In response to “All of the questionable people I've seen...

I have to admire your skill and bravery - standing to fight doesn't often come easy for many ;) You're certainly welcome to be my bodyguard anytime you're feelin' the urge :D

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne OP

In response to “I have to admire your skill and bravery -...

Honestly, I didn't even think my time spent training myself how to fight would even be useful cause I thought I'd never have to use those skills but I did after all. I didn't have much choice other than to fight back in that situation. I think those two dummies will think twice when they want to pick a fight with anyone now, or at least I hope so. I could have easily outran them but I was having a bad day and thought it would be fun to take out a little anger on those guys.

Crimson Crimson

In response to “Honestly, I didn't even think my time spent...

I hope that'll be the only time you'd have to run or fight unless it's for training :)
It's after 1:30am (NY time) so I'm going to head out. Thanks for the conversations... they've honestly been fun ;D

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne OP

In response to “I hope that'll be the only time you'd have to...

Yeah, I hope so too. If I do ever have to fight again I hope I get to use those skills to save somebody.

Crimson Crimson

In response to “Yeah, I hope so too. If I do ever have to...

I'm sure they'd appreciate your effort - I know I would :)

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne OP

HaHa you all seem to have such a different childhood than mine. If I ever wanted to slip out of the house all Imm had to do was walk out the door into the barn, then down the barn stairs to outside. Only the horses and kitties would ever know.

In response to “HaHa you all seem to have such a different...

Easy-peasy :)

Thanks for your input, Lorraine :)

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne OP

I did that a few times, yes. I only recall one of those times distinctly...meeting a girl I knew from school, and us walking through a very dark field and forest with a knife. She brought the knife I think, it being our protection against, well, whatever.
I don't even remember who we were meeting. Why? Because it was thrilling, I suppose. I went through quite a rebellious stage, when I was a teenager.

Piper2 Piper2

In response to “I did that a few times, yes. I only recall...

I never would have pegged you for the daring type, Piper :D - cautious, sure; I'm seeing you in another light - a very good one, lol :D

Thanks for putting that out there - that made my night (smile)

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne OP

In response to “I never would have pegged you for the daring...

Hmm...interesting. That's actually pretty low on the scale of "daring" things I've done. Not usually because it was thrilling, though.

You're quite welcome, and I'm glad I made your night. (smile)

Piper2 Piper2

In response to “Hmm...interesting. That's actually pretty...

I'm glad you did, too. (a)

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne OP

Isn't it funny how getting out of the house was a big deal, looking back how insignificant it was to your real life eh? Just like all the silly things they drill into your head while in school- I mean about behaving or it will tarnish your permanent record. Think any school still has your record with which to tarnish your life (beye)

In response to “Isn't it funny how getting out of the house...

Well, yeah, it was insignificant but we didn't know that... still, at the time, it beat staring at four bedroom walls the rest of the night. I never did it again for obvious reasons ;)

Thanks for posting your comment, Lorraine... nice of you to put it out there (a)

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne OP

My sister junior by 18 months and I went outside to play in the moonlight without shoes in the dew covered grass. We were 10 and 11 respectively, and our 5 kittens came outside with us.

Vrendowl Vrendowl

In response to “My sister junior by 18 months and I went...

I've done the same, minus the kittens, but only once; not long after that I learned that slugs and worms slithered in the grass and that grossed me out forever. No more bare feet for me (d)

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne OP

When I was 16 I snuck out of my house in Livermore Ca. I skateboarded to a bus stop and then a BART station and took the train to San Francisco. I then found the now gone “Drug Six Nightclub”. I talked to a bouncer who let me in the back door. There was a bran new band that I thought was amazing, I really wanted to see them live. 27 years later I still love Nine Inch Nails.

DW2 DW2

In response to “When I was 16 I snuck out of my house in...

That's a decent round trip plus the time spent watching the band :) Did you make it back into bed before your parents woke-up?

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne OP

In response to “That's a decent round trip plus the time...

Always did. :)

DW2 DW2

OO interesting. I heard Journey today - concert downtown.

In response to “OO interesting. I heard Journey today -...

TOTO is actually coming here in August. Just want to say I heard “Africa” live. :)

DW2 DW2

In response to “TOTO is actually coming here in August. Just...

dw2 I never heard of toto looked it up they are in california so maybe they never got this far north(a)

In response to “No

Thanks for your input ;)

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne OP

Gee, for most of my childhood it was not unusual for people to drag their beds outside because the house was too hot to sleep. Sneaking was not required. On the other had, I slept like a log from the moment my head hit the pillow until sunup, so sneaking anywhere was entirely out of the question.

During my high school years there was no supervision at all. None.

that_guy that_guy

yes and ****

TomboyJanet TomboyJanet

In response to “yes and ****

Thanks for your comment, Janet :)

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne OP

Never,I was a good girl.

hootowl hootowl

In response to “Never,I was a good girl.

I've always held the idea you were :D

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne OP

Nope I never snuck out really. Just once a girl stayed over and we went out at 4am to get some water from s pond so we could watch rge germs under my microscope. Now isn't that exciting??

In response to “Nope I never snuck out really. Just once a...

thats so cute lorraine

astral_queen astral_queen

I agree with Astral... it does seem cute :) My parents gave me a kids' science lab as a Christmas gift, including a microscope so I can appreciate why you'd want to do that :)

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne OP

No, I didn't have friends in high school

DWF DWF

In response to “No, I didn't have friends in high school

I preferred not to have the ones I had at that point :)

Thanks for posting... it's always appreciated :)

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne OP

nope! i just asked if i could go do whatever and they p much always said yes.

astral_queen astral_queen

In response to “nope! i just asked if i could go do whatever...

That's a much better deal than what I'd planned... oh, well :D

Good to see you again, aq (a)

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne OP

In response to “That's a much better deal than what I'd...

when did we see each other last?? (what)

astral_queen astral_queen

In response to “when did we see each other last?? (what)

On one of my posts within the last couple months, I think.

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne OP

In response to “On one of my posts within the last couple...

wope sorry i forgot :(

astral_queen astral_queen

In response to “wope sorry i forgot :(

lol... I'm not what I'd call memorable and I'm in here infrequently so no worries :D

Best wishes with your Summer (a)

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne OP

In response to “lol... I'm not what I'd call memorable and...

ohoho i should clarify that i remember you as a being, just not our interaction (l) (hug)

best wishes for yours! happy summer solstice (l)

astral_queen astral_queen

Nope, never snuck out. The only time that became an issue was one night when I stayed out really late and didn't have a ride home. My mom said she was going to bed and I'd have to find some way home myself (I did, eventually). Other than that, I never snuck out or got grounded.

Logan Logan

In response to “Nope, never snuck out. The only time that...

Thanks for posting, I appreciate it :)

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne OP

Actually I have never sneaked out at night. I did during the day (not that many times), while the adults were at work or at the cafe.
I did it to go meet my "boyfriend". I was caught soon enough.

Sofia Sofia

In response to “Actually I have never sneaked out at night. I...

That lucky man, lol :)

How did your parents handle it?

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne OP

Yeah, just to hang out with friends and do whatever.

My best/stupidity sneaking story was in the daylight, though the only parent home might have been sleeping. But it was after a hurricane had hit and still non-stop rain... with no power in the entiregreater area and lots of flooding.

We were completely bored, not electricity inside the very hot and humid houses... If you stepped on the ground you'd sink in because it was extremely wet mud... and gently but non-stop rain.

We somehow decided to go towards the wooded park area... you know the flooded wooded park with a very large Creek flowing into the main river not far behind.

Yeah very stupid idea but it was a once in a lifetime experience, got to feel what being chest deep in a wooded flooded area (not fun) and some how got caught and didn't get yelled out.

Zolfie Zolfie

In response to “Yeah, just to hang out with friends and do...

I'm definitely not a fan of sinking into muddy water that's up to my nipples. I'm claustrophobic so being immersed in muddy water that deep would freak me the frog out (no)

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne OP

In response to “I'm definitely not a fan of sinking into...

Sorry for the novel, but I'm just trying to explain how it happened, and it's a good memory.

I must not of said it well, though I was trying to keep it short. The sinking happened when you stepped on the grass, you'd go an inch or two into the mud and it'd try to claim/keep your shoes.

When we walked into the flooded area, towards the woods, it had asphalt or concrete, as it was a biking trail, so the footing was good... it was everything else that wasn't as good... as sticks and stuff were hitting our bodies at almost every level... And you'd be repeatedly like OH (wt) what was that... oh just a stick and repeat... but a couple of times even hit in the balls, but the sticks were all over.

I would of turned back sooner, but that was with the friend, who if you chickened out of something, he'd NEVER let you live it down... and well... I was taller, stronger and the better swimmer, so I decided I'm going as far as he was, plus I started enjoying the exploring after a certain point.

Though half way on our way back, we saw my dad in the truck looking for us... and BOY HE WAS PISSED!! ... though I'm still surprised... he never yelled at me for that one... maybe because he understood that there was literally nothing else for us to do.

Zolfie Zolfie

In response to “Sorry for the novel, but I'm just trying to...

Your explanations were perfectly fine, really, so thanks for taking the time to lay things out as you had :D

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne OP