At some point, before your 18th birthday, did you sneak out of the house after your parents/guardian went to sleep and, if so, what was the reason?

Piper2StarzAboveAdaSunny_the_skepticProdigalSonRoosterSynysterGates_Howler_glad_hands

My mother was a bit of an insomniac and even when she did sleep a pin drop would instantly wake her up. There was never any sneaking out for me. Not that I was cool enough to have somewhere to go anyway.

ProdigalSon ProdigalSon

I was 16 with a friend sleeping overnight. Neither of us was tired and were bored beyond words. With my parents asleep for more than an hour, we made our escape onto the lower porch roof and down to the grass. We had no plan other than to see what people did at that time of the night. We headed toward downtown, met very little traffic until a couple older teens headed our way; their body language and facial expressions were screaming; FIGHT. Right at that moment it sucked to be me. My weight was at 128, never pumped iron, wouldn't know a sit-up from a sit-in, and I think that's what saved me. The one bulky guy went after my bulky buddy while the second toughie held a nut pick to my upper chest. Thirty seconds into the fight a police cruiser rolled up, told them to get lost but for us to get in the patrol car. I had to give them my parents' number while the cop drove in the direction of my street... you know the rest. That was the last time I went full on stupid.

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne OP

In response to “I was 16 with a friend sleeping overnight...

Wow what a story, I have had a similar experience once too. It was on new years eve and I was with a friend of mine, we were 19 I think. Usually in that time we have quite the fireworks in the city center so we went, on our way back a group of 5-6 drunk kids our age started shouting at us, you could smell the cheap champagne that they gave for free at the center a mile away from them. My friend ran, I tried too but I was slow plus I was afraid not to slip on ice or something since being on the ground I thought they'd kick the hell out of me. One of them caught up and started hitting my face from behind, he hit like a ****, didn't even bloody my lip, but I knew that if I didnt give them something they'd gang up on me so I gave them the two bucks in my pocket. A bit later my friend came back with his dad but the drunks were somewhere else by then.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

In response to “Wow what a story, I have had a similar...

Every one in a gang is brave when they're against fewer people. I'm sorry you had that experience (frown)

Thanks for your input, Sunny - I appreciate it :)

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne OP

Never.I was boring!

Blewynanifail Blewynanifail

In response to “Never.I was boring!

Boring is a good thing - a very, very good thing - I've made a practice of that ever since :)

Thanks for your feedback and your company - both were more than welcome :D

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne OP

ProdigalSon ProdigalSon

In response to “My mother was a bit of an insomniac and even...

Your mom's insomnia may have saved your life :) At that time of the night, all kinds of creeps come out of the woodwork - little did I know that, then, though :(

Thanks for taking some time to share your input - nice of you to do that ;)

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne OP

Yeah, I did a couple of times and it was to late night party with some friends. My Father hated all my friends and that was about the only way to get out and party with them!

Rooster Rooster

In response to “Yeah, I did a couple of times and it was to...

That might've been me if I had other types of friends but they and I were low key - willing to look and listen but not quite ready to test the water... not at 16 :)

Thanks for your input, sir ;D

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne OP

Yes, also never got caught.

Why? To do all the things I couldn't when they were awake, of course.

ForkNdaRoad ForkNdaRoad

In response to “Yes, also never got caught. Why? To do all...

Lol... that's a good enough reason for me :D

Thanks very much for posting your input ;)

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne OP

Nope, never did.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “Nope, never did.

I had a feeling that, if you posted, it would be either: I thought about it but backed-out, or: nope, never did. :D I'm sure your folks would be glad you didn't either, lol

Thanks for your input, Starz :D

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne OP

In response to “I had a feeling that, if you posted, it would...

haha I never had occasion to slip out....I had too many siblings that would have told on me. lol

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “haha I never had occasion to slip out....I...

Lol. My siblings might have, too, (I have 5) but had my own room, thankfully :D If I had to share, one of us would be dead, lol

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne OP

In response to “Lol. My siblings might have, too, (I have 5)...

hahaha I had five sisters, two brothers, all were married and out of the house when I was born, except two sisters. I have never had a room of my own. That would be a luxury. lol

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “hahaha I had five sisters, two brothers, all...

I'm glad you survived all that or I'd be a person short on the post (biggrin)

We have a sunny day and warm temperatures before a very soggy weekend hits so I'd better bid you an excellent Friday then take advantage ;)

Thanks for sharing a good part of your day with me :D

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne OP

In response to “I'm glad you survived all that or I'd be a...

hahaha, I'm a "strong" woman, had to be growing up in a large family. lol

Cool and sunny here, I'm heading out to buy some flowers, enjoy your weekend.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

Didn't sneak out, but threw a hellacious party or two when they were out of town on a couple of occasions.

I was 16-18 years old.

Fast forward to just 3-4 years later and you couldn't pay me to attend a party of any kind, much less throw one.

_Howler_ _Howler_

In response to “Didn't sneak out, but threw a hellacious...

I wasn't much for parties, ever - too much noise, breakage, and mess for me - and I wasn't into alcohol at that age. The biggest deterrent, though, would've been my dad finding out... I would've been in shackles till I was 80.

Thanks for giving me some of your time, and for sharing a bit of your dark past, lol :)

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne OP

I did, several times because of friends mostly but also because there was this girl I was getting along quite well. We were often a group of friends, that's how we met, we became pretty close. Sometimes she called me outside at midnight, sneaking out was no problem because my grandparents were long asleep by then. Those were the good days, we often spent our time hugging on some bench or sidewalk, few times she even let me play with her bra and stuff, I hadn't tried unhooking one back then.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

In response to “I did, several times because of friends...

Aahhh... a girl calling out to a guy at midnight sounds romantic, promising :D You lucky, lucky man. And thank god it was at a time when your grandparents were long asleep, leaving you many hours of not being discovered - bwahaha :P

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne OP

In response to “Aahhh... a girl calling out to a guy at...

Interesting fact, my grandpa somehow found out because one day he asked "Who was that girl with you in front of the house?" probably because of his prostate was ringing during night.

Probably wasn't a good idea to fiddle around with her in front of my own home. My grandparent's house is pretty big, the house itself is on the 2nd and 3rd floor while the 1st is a workshop, he probably saw us from the balcony.

And yeah this girl was a bit crazy and tomboyish, she once bit my head, I didn't even know it was possible, perhaps it was an excuse to kiss it later who knows. Somehow that's the type I fall for despite claiming to prefer the good girls.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

In response to “Interesting fact, my grandpa somehow found...

At that age in my life I would've given her my head, my neck, and part of a shoulder after we fulfilled my needs (a)... it's only fair :) Oh, and after your grandpa went back to bed ;D

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne OP

No need my parents let me do whatever I wanted, so long as my gradea were good. Plus I was shy and knew few people when I was young. At 18 I started living away from home, and spent time with really wild people, so I learned to be more outgoing.

LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred

In response to “No need my parents let me do whatever I...

Well, that's good you didn't have the need to sneak... doing that always made me feel a little like a criminal.

Thanks, Lorraine, for your input - it's always appreciated :)

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne OP

Can't sneak out here cause the door makes too much noise and I wouldn't even bother with that window cause the screen thing would be a pain to put back..at least that's what I assume

Crimson Crimson

In response to “Can't sneak out here cause the door makes too...

In that case it's a good thing you didn't try - screens will be noisy in the dead of night; definitely not worth the consequences :)

Thanks for taking the time to post your input... nice of you to do that (biggrin)

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne OP

In response to “In that case it's a good thing you didn't try...

Even if I did quietly get out that way, climbing back in would be a bit difficult. There would be no reason to sneak out anyway, nothing interesting ever happens around here anyway. At least not for me.

Crimson Crimson

In response to “Even if I did quietly get out that way...

Well, the one time I tried it, that could've landed me in the hospital - it definitely landed me in trouble with my dad. I wouldn't advise a lone person doing it, just in case you run across some questionable people.

I'd rather have you here than on the street by yourself. (wink)

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne OP

In response to “Well, the one time I tried it, that could've...

All of the questionable people I've seen around here seem too weak to harm me, I've got lightning quick reflexes and I'm capable of defending myself. I wouldn't go out without taking some sort of weapon with me in case I had to use it. I was actually attacked by two guys when I was alone once at night during summer without anything to defend myself other than my own body, they came running at me but I punched one in the gut, then kicked the other in the shin. After that I grabbed both of their necks, squeezed a bit, grabbed their faces and slammed em down and kicked em while they were down. When they got up they ran. They were lucky I decided not to report them to authorities. I should have beat them up worse to truly leave my mark on them.

Crimson Crimson

I did that a few times, yes. I only recall one of those times distinctly...meeting a girl I knew from school, and us walking through a very dark field and forest with a knife. She brought the knife I think, it being our protection against, well, whatever.
I don't even remember who we were meeting. Why? Because it was thrilling, I suppose. I went through quite a rebellious stage, when I was a teenager.

Piper2 Piper2

In response to “I did that a few times, yes. I only recall...

I never would have pegged you for the daring type, Piper :D - cautious, sure; I'm seeing you in another light - a very good one, lol :D

Thanks for putting that out there - that made my night (smile)

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne OP

In response to “I never would have pegged you for the daring...

Hmm...interesting. That's actually pretty low on the scale of "daring" things I've done. Not usually because it was thrilling, though.

You're quite welcome, and I'm glad I made your night. (smile)

Piper2 Piper2

In response to “Hmm...interesting. That's actually pretty...

I'm glad you did, too. (a)

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne OP

Isn't it funny how getting out of the house was a big deal, looking back how insignificant it was to your real life eh? Just like all the silly things they drill into your head while in school- I mean about behaving or it will tarnish your permanent record. Think any school still has your record with which to tarnish your life (beye)

In response to “Isn't it funny how getting out of the house...

Well, yeah, it was insignificant but we didn't know that... still, at the time, it beat staring at four bedroom walls the rest of the night. I never did it again for obvious reasons ;)

Thanks for posting your comment, Lorraine... nice of you to put it out there (a)

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne OP