I know we have several folks on here that are WWII buffs.  This book was a very interesting read with much of it fact based from interviews with women from the Red Army 588th Night Bomber Regiment.  It also documents the trials of women's struggles to contribute to the war effort in Russia.  I highly recommend it.

This is my review:

ZolfieMashaThinkerbellZonkeyBalls

Other

StarzAbove

Piper2BozetteAdaMashaThinkerbellZonkeyBallsRoosterSynysterGatesSynysterSissy
I know we have several folks on here that are WWII buffs. This book was a very interesting read with much of it fact based from interviews with women from the Red Army 588th Night Bomber Regiment. It also documents the trials of women's struggles to contribute to the war effort in Russia. I highly recommend it.

Explained by Will_Janitor...

I just picked this up last week and had trouble putting it down. I think a lot of our independent women would find it very interesting too. :)

Thanks for the tip ... I will check it out! (a)

JanHaskell JanHaskell

Yes, they called them : The Night Witches. I haven't read that particular book but I know about them and their night raids. We even incorporated them into one of our DLCs. Panzerkrieg.

Rooster Rooster

JanHaskell JanHaskell

By extension buddy, I have to wonder if anyone has published a book on the female Soviet snipers of WWII. Those women were freakin' deadly.

Freeranger Freeranger

In response to “By extension buddy, I have to wonder if...

There was one called Pretty Birds about the Serbs and Muslims, but I haven't seen one for the WWII era.

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor OP

Had to shoot them down! LOL

Rooster Rooster

In response to “Had to shoot them down!...

holy shit bud...just nyet

Freeranger Freeranger

In response to “holy shit bud...just nyet

The Luftwaffe prevailed!

Rooster Rooster

WW II has fascinated me since I was a kid, it sounds like a good read. Thanks, Will.

Bozette Bozette

Thanks Will, sounds like something I would like. There are a lot of strong women in his world.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

I'm not sure I'd qualify as a WWII buff, but I've enjoyed the fact-based literature I've read concerning it. I appreciate the recommendation.

Piper2 Piper2

Biggles was the true hero of my childhood.

And he was a fictional character.

I'm just glad, that choppers can land with the auto. That's both a curse and a blessing.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls