AdaRooster

Explained by Freeranger...

The first thing I want to say is that, these amateur fekkin' relic hunters are totally crazy, and are taking ENORMOUS risk!....as you'll see below. I mean, If you do not understand how totally dangerous it is to pick up ordinance off a battlefield, particularly ordinance that has been made destabilized over decades of exposure to the elements.....and you then decide to pick it up....you deserve to get your **** separated from your torso. That said, I have to admit a total fascination to what relic hunters DO unearth....particularly the stuff they've recovered on the Russian and Eastern Europe battlefields. This is like the statement that it's hard not to watch a train wreck. With that all said....I'd appreciate an educated thought. Are they grave robbers, or amateur sleuths bringing history to light? The question is being perpetually argued.

Dangerous but fascinating.

Rooster Rooster

I wouldn't call Esmits or Legenda "grave robbers" or "war profiteers", as they seem to be doing it for admirable reasons. Those who simply rob the graves for a buck are a different matter.

Bozette Bozette