Have you ever been sued or sued someone?  What was the reason and how did it turn out?   Care to comment?

VicZincAdaWill_JanitorprimeiroCarlaChuck_Tom
Have you ever been sued or sued someone? What was the reason and how did it turn out? Care to comment?

Explained by StarzAbove...

An Uncle of mine was sued a couple of years ago, he was proven innocent and turned the tables on his accuser and sued her. She is now spending some jail time. Lesson: Be very careful of what you accuse someone of, you better have the facts straight, especially when it comes to slandering someone or harassment, because the tables might get turned.

I've never been sued, but did sue some guy to remove him off of my inlaw's property. It was no big deal, just Small Claims Court, we won, the guy is gone, but he was fined a heavy fine.

StarzAbove StarzAbove OP

No and No :)

Chuck_Tom

In response to “No and No :)

That's great.

StarzAbove StarzAbove OP

In response to “That's great.

Your Lesson in the Explanation is great :)

Chuck_Tom

In response to “Your Lesson in the Explanation is great :)

Thanks, and it's true. People should be very careful who they slander or harass, or try to destroy, because that same thing could happen to them, and they better have deep pockets.

StarzAbove StarzAbove OP

Financially I've **** all to sue with or to sue for so nope. (smirk2)
乂^◡^乂

Ada Ada

One time I hired a lawyer after I got in a motor cycle accident, but it never went to court. The insurance company paid for my bike and 3 surgeries. That worked for me.

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

In response to “One time I hired a lawyer after I got in a...

That's great. Nowadays, people sue for just about anything....even hot coffee at a McDonalds....how stupid is that.

But some people go on a witch hunt to destroy someone and make money off of them. In my explanation, it can backfire on them, and they are in for a big surprise.

StarzAbove StarzAbove OP

In response to “That's great. Nowadays, people sue for just...

That coffee lady at McD's actually had 3rd degree burns. Turned out to be a legit case and McD's changed the temps of their coffee because of it.

Flrdsgns Flrdsgns

That McDonald's hot coffee case isn't quite as stupid as it sounds, if one reads all the details of it.

Piper2 Piper2

I just hope you was ok Will and not suffered any long term health problems because of the accident. 乂ᴼₒᴼ乂

Ada Ada

In response to “I just hope you was ok Will and not suffered...

Naw. Just rearranged my face a little. Ha!

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

Nope.

Carla Carla

Yes--

In 2010-- Lady tried to sue me when my dog bit her. Her ambulance-chaser attorney eventually dropped her as a client

Sir_Whatz Sir_Whatz

In response to “Yes-- In 2010-- Lady tried to sue me when...

I've heard of people suing over a dog bite, especially if it's a pit bull or another breed that has really hurt someone. But if it's just a nip, then it's rather foolish to sue.

StarzAbove StarzAbove OP

In response to “I've heard of people suing over a dog bite...

Wasn't a nip but rather a full-on puncture wound. I had her to an InstaCare within 40 minutes of the attack. Paid for that visit. Paid for her prescriptions. A week later, I paid for more prescriptions because the wound supposedly got infected. I paid her via money orders an additional $800.00+ dollars she claims she incurred for additional doctor visits. Money orders which she never cashed because I'm sure her ambulance-chaser lawyer told her not to. 18 months later, her attorney dumped her as a client. My bank notified me within about two years of the incident that the money orders were never cashed so I got all my money back-- YAY!!
All told, she got nothing extra. I did right by her every step of the way and she tried to cash in. Her scheme blew up in her face.

Sir_Whatz Sir_Whatz

In response to “Wasn't a nip but rather a full-on puncture...

She should have been happy that you were taking care of her expenses, sounds like she got greedy. But, glad you got your money back....

StarzAbove StarzAbove OP

Just once. Woman sold me a car that wouldn't pass inspection, then refused to return my money. I won.

Rembio Rembio

In response to “Just once. Woman sold me a car that wouldn't...

Good for you. Now that's a darn good reason to sue someone.

StarzAbove StarzAbove OP

In response to “Good for you. Now that's a darn good reason...

I did try to talk to her first. She didn't give me any options.

Rembio Rembio

In response to “I did try to talk to her first. She didn't...

Some people just won't listen.... I'll bet she wished she had listened to you now. lol

StarzAbove StarzAbove OP

In response to “Some people just won't listen.... I'll bet...

I wasn't out to hurt her or anything, just get back what I was legally entitled to.

Rembio Rembio