MashaZonkeyBallsRoosterChuck_Tom
In cinema they show all kinds of emotions such as romance, affection, rivalry, violence, murder, comedy , betrayal all in just 2-3 hours. Will it not affect the psychology of people specially children? Let some psychologists answer this question.

Explained by ezhil...

In real life we undergo some emotional experiences one at a time mostly. But in cinema people are exposed to so many emotions within a short period of 2-3 hours.In my opinion it is unnatural and is bound to affect the people psychologically. Can such a thing be allowed in the name of enterainment?

I'm not a psychologist but I play one on Amirite: Yes! All movies should, therefore, be like Disney cartoons!

Chuck_Tom Chuck_Tom

I'm the resident undead monkey / so-called zombie-monkey (a derogatory term of some of your hairier pupils) death-priest paladin sniffer. I can answer to any of the questions, with a very high percentage of being either correct or incorrect.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

In response to “I'm the resident undead monkey / so-called...

Right or wrong, you are right...or wrong.

Carla Carla

Chuck_Tom Chuck_Tom

In response to “I'm not a psychologist but I play one on...

Debbie Does Dallas: Mickey is getting his ears waxed.
Deep-Throat: Goofy has a weird probing system for saliva.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

Yes..the old ones teach great life lessons. (Sarcasm)
I learned, on mothers day, that the three pigs story has been changed. No more pig eating, or wolf boiling.

Carla Carla

In response to “Yes..the old ones teach great life lessons...

Damn... even Disney needs to be PC?

Chuck_Tom Chuck_Tom

In response to “Damn... even Disney needs to be PC?

Apparently

Carla Carla

In response to “Apparently

But i dont think it's disney...grimm maybe
???
No time to google.
New three pigs lesson....be lazy, do **** work, go live with your family for free:[

Carla Carla

In response to “But i dont think it's disney...grimm...

I think so uh huh... but Dis got caught up with this devil Grimm somehow... (wary)

I don't think I like this new - and definitely not improved - definition :(

Chuck_Tom Chuck_Tom

Disney cartoons! A Disney cartoon and most Disney stories involve one or parents dying and the main character dealing with life without them. Not a fan of that repeated story-line.

Budwick Budwick

Such words of wisdom...You must have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night!(hehe)

Flrdsgns Flrdsgns

Please understand that movies are made primarily not to entertain but to make huge money.Attracting people and their patronage is prime goal of movie makers. Therefore the strategy adopted to make a movie will go against the interest of the people.Cinema people are ones who do not care a bit about the consequences on the society. Do we need cinema in the first place to lead a healthy life on this earth?

ezhil OP

In response to “Please understand that movies are made...

Uh huh. I understand what you are trying to say. You also described both major political parties in the U.S., cable news, the tobacco industry, the fast food industry, etc etc

Chuck_Tom Chuck_Tom

Dunno but there needs to be more death and destruction in dem movies

blow shit up man

Crimson Crimson

In response to “Dunno but there needs to be more death and...

Goat Simulator, once again! Bay hits the Gas Station!

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

In response to “Goat Simulator, once again! Bay hits the Gas...

Hell yeah boi! You know what, they should make a wolf simulator or at least make 'em playable in Goat Simulator. That seems like it would be cool.

Crimson Crimson

In response to “Hell yeah boi! You know what, they should...

Zonkey simulator is available now for free of charge.

Don't let me stop you. I fart FIRECRACKERS with smooth raccoons...

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

Maybe you should stay home and play Parcheesi.

Budwick Budwick

In response to “Or crazy 8's

Whoa! Crazy 8's!?
That is a young mans game - I'm out!

Budwick Budwick

You really think we generally experience emotions one at a time? Not unless you are only experiencing one thing at a time. EG: You literally can't eat and talk at the same time.

Scientifically ... research has shown that there is no direct link between movies/video games and how people act. They may be contributing factors - but that means there are other forces at play, as well.

Walt_OReagun Walt_OReagun

In response to “You really think we generally experience...

The kind of addiction people develop to cinema shows that it does affect people.There are instances of robbers citing cinema for their modus operandi of their act. Vulnerable sections will certainly become prey to wrong things shown. Why should we allow cinema to be a contributing factor? Simply because there are other factors, we need not have one more factor in the form of cinema to cause bad effects on people.

ezhil OP

In response to “The kind of addiction people develop to...

By that reasoning - we should remove Jodie Foster from society, because she was cited as the reason John Hickle tried to assassinate President Reagan.

Walt_OReagun Walt_OReagun

I watched Superman fly, and not once have I tried it. I watched a coyote try to drop an anvil on a road runners head. Even children know the difference between reality and fantasy.

Flrdsgns Flrdsgns

In response to “I watched Superman fly, and not once have I...

There are children who try to imitate cinema stunts. But more importantly people who see scenes in which all unsocial things are vividly shown can certainly have a negative impact. Children may get desensitized to crimes because of repeated exposure in movies.

ezhil OP

Right, because the real world is completely absent of all those things. Everything's peace, rainbows, and constancy until you view a movie.

Logan Logan

What is even the point of this question?

DWF DWF

Never have I agreed with so many I normally disagree with!
This is outstanding!

Budwick Budwick

I’m no psychologist, but many a psychotic has lived their life like a violent movie, video game, etc, and the outcome was far from rosy.

Masha Masha

Is it morally, socially, psychologically correct to subject people to so many type of emotions in a short span of 2-3 hours. Let us confine our debate on this point. Let us not deviate. Movies are the invention of the misguided. The great invention , camera is terribly misused by people with unnatural orientation to make money. In the process they completely fail to realise the adverse effects on society. Such people understand money better than the society. What else we can expect from such people? The governments should exercise more control over this media. Because it brings more revenue to the exchequer governments cannot allow the misuse of cinema to the detriment of society. This is a serious issue little understood by the political and materialistic class.
Stories are better read than seen. Graphic depiction of stories are antisocial activities.Humans do not need this experience for their normal life. It is thrust on people.

ezhil OP