Another senseless shooting at a Texas High School.   When will this end?

VicZincPiper2StarzAboveFlrdsgnsChuck_Tom
Another senseless shooting at a Texas High School. When will this end?

Explained by StarzAbove...

There will be a lot of talk about what the government is going to do about gun control, but nothing will be done. People will comment about how horrible it is, Trump will tweet his condolences but nothing will be done All they ever do is talk, and then another shooting will take place and more innocent lives will be lost.

There is nothing that can be said.The Boom Town Rats-I don't Like Mondays-were singing on this subject in the seventies.Nothing will ever change.

Blewynanifail Blewynanifail

In response to “There is nothing that can be said.The Boom...

I know, it's just becoming a normal happening anymore. What's a parent to do?

StarzAbove StarzAbove OP

We need research funding to create one of those devices from Stargate:SG1 that rendered weapons inoperable. Then people could have all the guns they want, but take them into restricted areas and *zap* - they no longer work. >> That's about as realistic as the possibility of removing all firearms from American citizens, or laws solving the problem.

Walt_OReagun Walt_OReagun

In response to “We need research funding to create one of...

I don't recommend taking guns away....that would be an impossibility. I think our society is just out of control. We see killings on most all the TV shows, game shows are all about killing, no wonder some nut thinks it's OK.

StarzAbove StarzAbove OP

In response to “I don't recommend taking guns away....that...

I would be interested in a study ... if it were possible ... to find the real reasons behind these shootings.

I have a theory: The majority of them are done by males as a way of getting attention, because females have other destructive ways (suicide attempt, cutting) to get attention.

Walt_OReagun Walt_OReagun

In response to “I would be interested in a study ... if it...

I guess we'll never know, maybe to show us what big guys they are.... well they're gonna find out what big guys they will be dealing with when they spend the rest of their lives in prison.

StarzAbove StarzAbove OP

Once we pass meaningful door control, so the giant guns can't get in

DWF DWF

In response to “Once we pass meaningful door control, so the...

The kid was a student at that school, and I haven't heard what kind of gun was used.

StarzAbove StarzAbove OP

In response to “The kid was a student at that school, and I...

Tell that to Texas's lieutenant governor

DWF DWF

In response to “Tell that to Texas's lieutenant governor

Tell what to the LGovernor?

StarzAbove StarzAbove OP

In response to “http://data.amirite.net/user_images/5aff3efac82...

Thanks, I had forgot about that jerk. Sitting there with a gun in his hand, no wonder there are so many killings with idiots like that running for office.

StarzAbove StarzAbove OP

That's the ticket! One door in, one door out. The mass shooting problem....solved.

Carla Carla

In response to “http://data.amirite.net/user_images/5aff61fe1a3...

Great graphic, that tells it all!

StarzAbove StarzAbove OP

Today an American, Christian, Texas born, school athlete, with middle class Caucasian parents opened fire in the school. NBC reports that Facebook confirmed Dimitrios Pagourtzis’ Instagram account had account followed 13 pages:
Eight were gun fan pages.

the other five were:
Donald Trump,
Ivanka,
Melania
The White House, and
@FLOTUS

This is the face of American terror. Not ISIS, not Mexicans, but
White Christian Republican, supporters of Trump

I know you are all going to call me a biased commie. Go ahead,

.this.has.to.stop.

VicZinc VicZinc

In response to “Today an American, Christian, Texas born...

I wonder how the Republicans are going to spin this one. And as usual Trump said the very same thing he said after the Parkland shootings, nothing will be done about it, as usual.

StarzAbove StarzAbove OP

What I found very disturbing is this morning I had the CBS morning show on and they didn't break in to announce the shooting until well after 8 Pacific time, then they only gave it about 4 minutes and went back to talking about the royal wedding. Has school shootings become so normal, that the news stations barely cover them any longer?

Flrdsgns Flrdsgns

In response to “What I found very disturbing is this morning...

They are becoming normal, second one in just a few months. The Parkland survivors were trying to do something about it, but got laughed at by Fox News....that's how cruel those people are.

StarzAbove StarzAbove OP

I don't foresee it ending. Not anytime soon, and I don't even pretend to have any answers.

Piper2 Piper2

In response to “I don't foresee it ending. Not anytime soon...

In the last year we've had Charlottesville, Parkland, Austin, Kansas Crusaders, Waffle House, & now Santa Fe—All white supremacy terror.
yet people still deny WS is a problem and claim Mexican immigration is the threat. We need to keep challenging that hypocrisy.

VicZinc VicZinc

In response to “In the last year we've had Charlottesville...

Vic...when solutions come with sacrifice..well, little will be solved.

Carla Carla

And nothing is being said by the White House, but let an illegal run a stop light and Trump goes ballistic.

StarzAbove StarzAbove OP

I know I heard that on the radio. I think it will end when the schools get real security guards with guns. Forget the sheriffs all they want is donuts. I mean bring in riot style guards with ONLY protection as a job.

LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred

In response to “I know I heard that on the radio. I think...

I just don't know what the solution is, but I hope someone does something before more kids are killed. They have even found explosive devices around the school, makes me wonder how on earth did he do that, surely there were people walking around that would have seen it.

StarzAbove StarzAbove OP

They said on TV that more students have died from mass shootings this year than people serving in the Military. Pretty sad when the Military is a safer option than school.

Flrdsgns Flrdsgns

In response to “They said on TV that more students have died...

It's just so horrific, when kids can't even go to school without worrying whether they will be shot. The world's gone mad.

StarzAbove StarzAbove OP

In response to “It's just so horrific, when kids can't even...

It is a terrible thing. Preying upon the smallest weakest locked in people. If I had kids I would be thinking hard about home schooling. Yet that shouldn't be the case - More protection in the school is all that will help. Maybe hire homeless guys to hang around looking at things, they need a place to be why not there?

In response to “It is a terrible thing. Preying upon the...

"Preying upon the smallest weakest locked in people."

And that is why I laughed at the Parkland kids who said they wanted to do something.
The majority of school shooters are kids who were picked on by other students, for being "different" or "weird".

The main problem that leads to school shootings isn't guns. It's cliques and bullying.

Walt_OReagun Walt_OReagun

In response to “"Preying upon the smallest weakest locked...

I thought the Parkland kids did a great job of bringing their concerns to the public, we need more people doing that.

StarzAbove StarzAbove OP

In response to “I thought the Parkland kids did a great job...

And I bet not one of those kids thought of helping a fellow student who was being bullied. I bet they either joined the crowd in laughing, thought it was funny, or just passed by and didn't say/do anything.

Walt_OReagun Walt_OReagun

In response to “And I bet not one of those kids thought of...

You might be right, but that doesn't give anyone the right to kill all those kids, no matter what they did in the past.

We have bullies on this site, and they are adults.

StarzAbove StarzAbove OP

In response to “You might be right, but that doesn't give...

I'm not saying it does.

Just pointing out the fact that it likely wouldn't have gotten to a shooting, if they had spoken up sooner and stopped the bullying.

From a personal perspective: I was bullied all through school, from elementary to high school. I brought a weapon in once, to show a physical bully I *would* hurt him if he kept hurting me and my friends. That is the only reason he left us alone. (Telling parents and teachers and police hadn't done anything.)

Walt_OReagun Walt_OReagun

In response to “I'm not saying it does. Just pointing out...

I don't know the answer to bullying and sorry you were bullied. But it needs to stop.

I was never bullied growing up, I had 5 sisters and no one dared bully me or any of the others. lol

StarzAbove StarzAbove OP

I've thought maybe if there were police cars parked outside of schools in various locations, that might prevent someone doing any shooting. Just a thought.

StarzAbove StarzAbove OP

When there are armed guards at schools.

DW2 DW2

Has it occurred to you that there would be no school shootings if we didn't herd kids into schools?

that_guy that_guy

In response to “Has it occurred to you that there would be no...

I have no idea what you're talking about. (Herd? Who herds kids into school. It's the law, kids have to go to school, or be home schooled.

StarzAbove StarzAbove OP