Just a reminder as we keep hearing about the royal wedding.  In my lifetime, (and yours if you are over 40) there were laws against 'interracial marriage'.  Think about that. I am old enough to remember that in 1967 the supreme court stuck down laws in every state marked in red on this map.  We still have people who seek to stop 'interracial' and 'same ****' marriage.  Love is Love.

VicZincChuck_TomLorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundredRoosterZonkeyBallsCarlaTomboyJanetBlewynanifailfuzalaMashaastral_queen404_Errorowlheadsharpox

Nobody :)

Piper2DandyDonBlewynanifailCarlaZonkeyBallsRoosterChuck_Tom
Just a reminder as we keep hearing about the royal wedding. In my lifetime, (and yours if you are over 40) there were laws against 'interracial marriage'. Think about that. I am old enough to remember that in 1967 the supreme court stuck down laws in every state marked in red on this map. We still have people who seek to stop 'interracial' and 'same ****' marriage. Love is Love.

If you keep hearing about the wedding, it's because you chose to.
I'd rather watch paint dry than keep up with such things......oil paint.

Yea, so if you're interracial or same ****...don't get married.
Because your love isn't strong enough to withstand what someone might think about you..

That's a dramatic way to spend life.

DandyDon DandyDon

Is that really an issue anymore? I don't know anyone who has a problem with interracial marriage, and I'm from the country.

Instead of pouting and dwelling on negative things that happened in the past, why not be happy about the progress we've made over the past 40 years?

It must be exhausting, being perpetually offended.

Thedudeyouhatetomeet Thedudeyouhatetomeet

In response to “Is that really an issue anymore? I don't know...

I am happy.

And yes. it happens a lot. Google lynching in 2018.

VicZinc VicZinc OP

In response to “I am happy. And yes. it happens a lot...

Gotta love the moustache.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

What royal wedding?

Him Him

In response to “What royal wedding?

I can't find the wedding on tv. Wanted to just look at her dress.

LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred

In response to “I can't find the wedding on tv. Wanted to...

It was on our TVs all day and night ...I'm proud to say I never saw five seconds of it...our cup final was on today and so much more important...

JD JD

In response to “http://www.amirite.com/819933-just-a-reminder-a...

Probably better than you trying to look up his trousers leg....hehe

JD JD

In response to “Probably better than you trying to look up...

You'd make it easier for me if you wore a dress, Johnny.
And make it the cute blue frock... not the red :)

Chuck_Tom Chuck_Tom

That's a dramatic way to spend life.

DandyDon DandyDon

Interracial is fine for the adults but it makes me sad when there are children - they often don't fit either standard.

In response to “Interracial is fine for the adults but it...

Come on lorraine. That is no longer an issue in most communities. Interracial children thrive as well as any other children. If there is a lack of acceptance, it comes from ill mannered adults.

Carla Carla

Huh what? Oh man Lorraine your comment is beyond mind blowing for you to think that way in the 21ST CENTURY about biracial children, where it's commonplace for children in our great country to be bi-racial, thus their peers don't notice the color of their peer's skin BECAUSE kids don't see the color of ones skin, ONLY bigoted adults do, who then pass on their prejudice/ "sadness" over those biracial kids that their parents feel those children don't fit in to either "standard".

Gronk17 Gronk17

Hey, that is the bird off 'Suits', damn, they must be writing her out of it. Can't wait for the next season.

AliceD AliceD

I'm in love with a squirrel. Is that wrong?

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

In response to “I'm in love with a squirrel. Is that wrong?

If you climb up a tree and act like a onion..

DandyDon DandyDon

there was a wedding?
ohh damn, I missed it

Neanderthal_Momdoer Neanderthal_Momdoer

The thing is that the same excuses will be heard about marriages over and over and over. From the same people. Then when the world evolves they will pretend like "oh it wasn't us it was just the wacky people" On a totally unrelated note what is going to happen once a gay prince or princess is born? it's bound to happen

TomboyJanet TomboyJanet

In response to “The thing is that the same excuses will be...

The secret history of gay queens and kings of england. Google it.:)

Carla Carla

Vic, you must be so fun to hang out with in your real life LIVING IN freakin' 2018...because ya know, during a celebration/party people there having a great time, always LOVE to hear from a 'Debbie Downer' at that party/celebration who starts talking to them/preaching about how oppressive our country still is(??) and reminding them of how back 50/100/200 plus years ago blah, blah, blah WHILE they're at the wedding reception of an interracial couple of 2 men who just got married.
Oh man if Trump himself came out as gay, you "tolerant" liberals would then become anti-gay lol!! ;)

Gronk17 Gronk17

In response to “Vic, you must be so fun to hang out with in...

It must be nice to live in your world where you can pretend intolerance isn't an everyday occurrence that way you never have to speak out against it.

VicZinc VicZinc OP

In response to “It must be nice to live in your world where...

Vic I live in the PRESENT, I do not live in the PAST...whereas the Democrat party of today wants their(politically ignorant) base to always remain on the Democrat PLANTATION by indoctrinating their base to actually BELIEVE that they're living in an "OPPRESSIVE" USA...thereby you all NEED the GOVERNMENT/DEMOCRATS to take care of you from the cradle to the grave...and you nuts on the left fall for it, as your Democrat MASTERS in GOVERNMENT live like Kings and Queens in DC.

Gronk17 Gronk17

In response to “Vic I live in the PRESENT, I do not live in...

And the Republican Rose-Colored-Glasses team wants you to believe that everything is fine, that the only 'real' problem is illegal Mexicans (voting for democrats so they can get free food) and those damn muslims who want to marry your underage daughters and mutilate their lady-bits. And of course the democrats themselves who want to take away your guns aways and give all your money to people too the lazy to work. And you buy that story, hook-line-and-sinker.

If you looked at the imbalance in schools, the imbalance in incarceration rates, the imbalance in police brutality, housing markets, graduation rates etc. you would see that it is your party that is the one selling you a load of horse dung.

Compare your nearby suburban schools to your nearby urban schools and tell me everything is equal. Compare the demographics of those same community, and the incarceration rates.

Now try to tell me it is because the people in the suburbs commit less crime, work harder and love their kids more.

SMH

VicZinc VicZinc OP

PS why is the south always the big red throbbing blister on the bottom of every single **** law map :P

TomboyJanet TomboyJanet

In response to “PS why is the south always the big red...

You know why janet.

Carla Carla

Only one wedding on my mind this year and that wasn’t the one

symplycurious symplycurious

I am told that the marriage license was invented in USA specifically so it could be refused to couples of mixed races. Before the civil war, marriage was strictly a social and religious observance.

that_guy that_guy