CNN)Special counsel Robert Mueller's team has informed President Donald Trump's attorneys that they have concluded that they CANNOT INDICT  A SITTING PRESIDENT.  Trump keeps on keepin' on.

HimRoosterLorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundredNeanderthal_MomdoerPennyThoughts

TomboyJanet

RoosterSynysterGates
CNN)Special counsel Robert Mueller's team has informed President Donald Trump's attorneys that they have concluded that they CANNOT INDICT A SITTING PRESIDENT. Trump keeps on keepin' on.

Explained by Him...

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/16/politics/rudy-giuliani-robert-mueller-indictment/index.html

I never even had the impression, that the Mueller investigation goal was to INDICT the president. Rudy Giuliani... (smirk)

Yeah, Trump sure keeps on keepin' on. Quite the flurry of angry tweets today, including a threat to demand the DOJ investigate the FBI and and DOJ.

Piper2 Piper2

That's why the framers created an impeachment proceeding. Course, I've heard a pretty solid argument that even they were unprepared for someone too shameless to resign.

ForkNdaRoad ForkNdaRoad

In response to “That's why the framers created an impeachment...

You know this, but this is for the others who have been saying since he was elected: "TIC TOC, Trump will be gone in a matter of weeks" ...and for those who also think they know what free speech means.(wink)

Impeachment doesn't mean conviction.

By the time the Democrats and their lawyers get their shit together for any impeachment proceedings, Trump will be either well into his second term, or he won't have been reelected in 2020. He will still a be president LONGER than JFK.

Face it....Donald Trump is your president.

Him Him OP

In response to “You know this, but this is for the others who...

In my opinion, what most don't get is it doesn't matter whether he's impeached, charged or not.

He's hampered. Ineffective. Spread too thin, in a manner of speaking. He doesn't have temperament to endure a mental barrage of this sort.

He'll spend the next 3 years chasing his own tail. That was always the intent. Sucks for U.S., because we are stuck with him and we need him to be effective.

ForkNdaRoad ForkNdaRoad

In response to “In my opinion, what most don't get is it...

All true, or at least possible, BUT... Who hampered him?
I'm not a Trump supporter. I'm old and I don't care. My enemy is the media, and I was ecstatic to see them put in their arrogant places on election eve.
I saw Ali / Frazier 1, Secretariat, and the media stifled with their feet in their mouths. My life is complete, and Trump can incinerate the planet tomorrow for all I care (smile)

Him Him OP

In response to “All true, or at least possible, BUT... Who...

In my opinion? He did. He doesn't get to blame his opposition for in-house bs. You rescind your blame card once you claim to have all the answers, you know?

Not to mention, if you want to make a change to any system, much less one you suspect corrupted, and you have the slightest inkling what's involved, what's at stake at that level of the game, you act above reproach. You have to. Otherwise you invite scrutiny and inevitably do more harm than good. That's the main thing. His choices are what backed him into a corner.

Understood. I have to care, I and those I care about will outlive him and endure his mistakes. We'll be the ones left to pick up the pieces.

ForkNdaRoad ForkNdaRoad

In response to “In my opinion? He did. He doesn't get to...

And NOWWW for the TRUTH...The truth is...

The Democrats nominated the ONLY person in the entire galaxy that could possibly lose to this jerk, and CHEATED Bernie Sanders to do it...JUST to get that all important "first woman" president.
When she LOST, the Democrat hate machine kicked into high gear to "hamper" Trump for 15 months, and it will continue.

Live with it...I am (smile) I've seen a dozen presidents come and go. And the Wednesday after nine of them were elected, I still had to get up and go to work. No president controls me in any way.

Him Him OP

In response to “And **NOWWW** for the TRUTH...The truth...

They had a pretty good blueprint for that monumental failure after the way the RNC cheated Ron Paul out of a fair primary only to install the, "choke king" Romney. Most repubs at the time defended it, they were glorified in it. Even Trump.

And we learned something from it, the primaries process isn't subject to fed elections laws. You play in their primary, well you get what you get.

I didn't post the question, I only answered it. lol

ForkNdaRoad ForkNdaRoad

What an awful kick to the LEFT side of the head (hehe)

https://youtu.be/jwB8ph7VAXw

Him Him OP

Said a year ago he couldnt be indicted. If i know that, i feel certain trumps attorneys did.

Carla Carla

Piper2 Piper2

In response to “I never even had the impression, that the...

That's true. I was also taken aback when I saw "indict". I'm like...where did THAT come from? Anyway...just quoting the article.

Him Him OP

In response to “That's true. I was also taken aback when I...

From Rudy Giuliani.

Piper2 Piper2

In response to “From Rudy Giuliani.

And.. Trump didn't angry tweet ME, so who cares? If he did, I'd angry tweet him back , or go and puff up his lip, since I don't have a Twitter account.
AND.. I think the DOJ and FBI SHOULD be investigated, don't YOU?? Along with the CIA, the AMA, the FDA, the ABCDEFG and all.. They're ALL a bunch of racketeers.

Him Him OP

In response to “And.. Trump didn't angry tweet ME, so who...

Hey now...I just answered your question. Trump didn't angry tweet ME either. Although I don't tweet myself, I do hear about what the president tweets. That is his main way of communicating with THE AMERICAN PEOPLE, after all.

Piper2 Piper2

In response to “Hey now...I just answered your question...

I don't like his "tweeting" either. It's unprofessional and undignified. I said that a loooong time ago.

Him Him OP

This is from a horribly biased source... which means it's probably a half-truth misleading statement. Rudy Giuliani has been nothing but complete political spin (and therefore political liar) since he's been hired as the President's attack dog (err I mean lawyer). Even his main client (The President) has had this to say about him, "He'll get his facts straight", because he failed to correctly spin the story the right way.

Giuliani's own words tells he's not telling the whole truth... "All they get to do is write a report," Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani told CNN. "They can't indict. At least they acknowledged that to us after some battling, they acknowledged that to us."

What probably really happen
Trump's team of lawyers went in there to argue Nixon protocol theory that a sitting President cannot be indicted (which has never been legally tried/prove). The Mueller team then battled back not wanting to agree... but the Trump team doubled down and finally the Mueller team finally acknowledged that IF you assume the protocol then they can't indict a sitting President.

But no is no way in hell, a good group of attorneys assume that they're blocked by a untested/unapproved protocol... ESPECIALLY when a tested and proven protocol of "no one is above the law" is there

This isn't political, it's common legal sense. The tested and proven protocol has higher weight than any non-tested and non-proven protocol until a court says otherwise. (And FYI, I court could say otherwise... they just haven't yet).

Zolfie Zolfie

I don't think impeachment was the goal all along. It was a shot in the dark and if they could convince the public that he was unfit for office the public would throw him out. I think distraction was the end game and they might win on that account.
Trump is the only one who has the temperament, ability and stamina to withstand the continuous onslaught from the left to unseat him.

ozzyboy ozzyboy

Democrats Yesterday:
Trump’s Claim of Embedded Spy Is Nonsense…

Democrats Today:
The Use of Embedded Spy is a Vital Technique

Neanderthal_Momdoer Neanderthal_Momdoer