She's not Stormy Daniels, but congratulations to Gina Haspel, the FIRST Woman to run the CIA. You GO Gina, a TRULY Strong Woman, and a TRUE icon to feminism. You've come a long way, baby!!

HimLorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundredSynysterGatesRoosterVooDooYooChuck_TomBudwickJustJimColoSunny_the_skepticArachniabeachbumNeanderthal_MomdoerhootowlDW2404_Error

BozetteDWF

BudwickozzyboyWill_JanitorRoosterSynysterGatesChuck_TomArachnia

Explained by Him...

Misogynist Trump appointed the first female to run the CIA. She will be sworn in next week.

I really don't care the gender of the person appointed to head the CIA.

She is certainly qualified and experienced for the job, as well as having proved that being a woman in no way hindered her performance in a position largely seen as one women are too delicate to handle.

My concern is the role the agency plays, virtually unchecked by oversight. While much of what we do hear is officially unconfirmed, there is credibility to a great deal of it. And "official" confirmation is often only provided decades later, and then only in part due to redactions, "lost" and destroyed files, the right questions not being asked, and the difficulties inherent in using the FOIA. If the goal is, as stated, to "drain the swamp", why are the swampmonsters simply being shifted from one position to another?

Bozette Bozette

Wouldn't that be funny if trump appointed beautiful people - might as well try that approach as his current sstem isn't working for him. I am always glad to see woman in places of authority - it helps us all.

LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred

In response to “Wouldn't that be funny if trump appointed...

It only helps us if the woman appointed is qualified to do the job. We have enough men in positions of power in this administration who don't know their rectums from a hole in the ground. I believe Ms. Haspel will do a great job. Congratulations to her.

Linnster Linnster

She doesn't meet your beauty standards?

Budwick Budwick

I don't know how this could happen, with all those evil , mean spirited , misogynistic Republican bigots in Congress.

Him Him OP

I think she'll do a great job as she sure has the years of experience.

Rooster Rooster

I love how you still call him a misogynist, I long for the day when a woman doing something commendable and hard to achieve won't be treated like who knows what just because of her ****, that's how you get equality.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

Bozette Bozette

In response to “I really don't care the gender of the person...

presto Boz, clarity.

Freeranger Freeranger

Wooooot wooooot

Arachnia Arachnia

Gina, I like this Lady

Neanderthal_Momdoer Neanderthal_Momdoer

Good for her. The left looks foolish for their incessant harping on her qualifications and work record. What a bunch of obstructionists!

ozzyboy ozzyboy

What a great way to distract everyone from the investigations. However I'll take it as a win. I'll grant you that mr. Trump alright. I'm in a good mood today anyway.

Lets just hope that this doesn't become one of his "ooops im firing you now" people.

It's his first step in the right direction I'd say

TomboyJanet TomboyJanet

I loved all her answers.A very smart woman.Good luck.

hootowl hootowl

About time. Frankly I’m amazed what Pompeo has pulled off. Haspel is not a pencil pusher. I’m good with that. I’m under no delusion of how many other countries would love for the US to no longer exist. I’m just fine with Haspel being the one to say “Bring it on”.

DW2 DW2