Will You See Bleeding Blue - The Movie?

I support the police and want to see this movie.

Budwick

No, I disagree with law and order

TomboyJanet

Other

astral_queenVicZincRooster

BudwickRooster
Will You See Bleeding Blue - The Movie?

Explained by Budwick...

Bleeding Blue investigates the ongoing narrative that our police are blood-thirsty villains patrolling our communities with the purpose of exacting an almost vigilante justice against minorities. Bleeding Blue looks at the REAL stories of police encounters. They showcase first-hand stories from law enforcement and their families. Law-enforcement officers share their experiences, concerns, desires, and willingness to bridge the gap between the police and the communities they serve.

Probably when it comes out on Pay for View or HBO but I'll watch it. I've never had any problems with the Coppers!

Rooster Rooster

Rooster Rooster

In response to “Probably when it comes out on Pay for View or...

I agree. We don't go to movies because of the expense and crowds. I will watch this one when available for rent.

Budwick Budwick OP

In response to “I agree. We don't go to movies because of...

They're too damn loud for me!

Rooster Rooster

In response to “They're too damn loud for me!

Yeah - that too!

Budwick Budwick OP

In the theater? Probably not, I don't watch movies very often, I go to theater even less often than that.

Would I be wrong to assume this is a police movie?

ForkNdaRoad ForkNdaRoad

In response to “In the theater? Probably not, I don't watch...

Budwick Budwick OP

In response to “Bleeding Blue investigates the ongoing...

Ahh, it's political?

I didn't realize that was an ongoing narrative. That said, if it's unbiased, I'll watch it.

ForkNdaRoad ForkNdaRoad

In response to “Ahh, it's political? I didn't realize that...

I doubt the criminals are shown in a positive light,

And it appears the movie is sympathetic to police officers.

Identity politics might make assumptions about political sides. I'd personally like to think that all political animals on pro law and order - but that's just me.

Budwick Budwick OP

In response to “I doubt the criminals are shown in a positive...

These days, I'd settled for an accurate portrayal of what it means to be a "criminal;" someone convicted, not accused, of a crime.

ForkNdaRoad ForkNdaRoad

In response to “These days, I'd settled for an accurate...

There ya go!
That WOULD be pretty sweet!

Budwick Budwick OP

In response to “There ya go! That WOULD be pretty sweet!

See we agree. I'm sure we'd also agree that govt. should treat known offenders with greater scrutiny than 'suspects.'

ForkNdaRoad ForkNdaRoad

The Police are like any other group (e.g., Muslims, Immigrants, Amirite members,) most are wonderful, kindhearted people who are fair and honest; the few that are not give the whole bunch a bad name.

"One Bad apple don't spoil
The whole bunch, girl
I don't care what they say
I don't care what you heard
Give it one more try before you give up on love"

VicZinc VicZinc

In response to “The Police are like any other group (e.g...

Thanks so much for responding - without answering the question.

I'll put you down for 'no, I won't be going to the movie.'

Budwick Budwick OP

In response to “Thanks so much for responding - without...

I'll probably watch it on Netflix. It is a topic I am interested in.

VicZinc VicZinc

In response to “I'll probably watch it on Netflix. It is a...

Hmm, I wonder if Netflix will show it. Barack and Michelle are working with them now. And we all know Obama's opinion of law enforcement. He may - in his omnipotent wisdom, oppose the showing of a pro-police video.

It's one of those small budget, privately produced films. The kind Hollywood wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole. It may never be in general release to a zillion theaters.

Just extra information for ya. I probably won't go to a theater to see it either.

Budwick Budwick OP

The thing is Our police need a TOP DOWN review in this country. I have been the victim of their corruption THREE TIMES and also been MOCKED by them for filing police reports. Further more they can basically just do WHATEVER they want and get away with it. I'm more interested in getting RID of the Fraternity brothers they have up there bullying everyone and only going after things that gain them money or notoriety and banishing them from law enforcement. We need MORE good cops and LESS bullies.

TomboyJanet TomboyJanet

The last movie I saw in the theatre was Ted, so I isn't likely that I'll be seeing any movies in the near future.

Linnster Linnster

In response to “The last movie I saw in the theatre was Ted...

Ted! - I laughed hard at that one.
Mrs. Budwick didn't like for some reason.
I haven't gone to a theater in a long time either.

Budwick Budwick OP

In response to “Ted! - I laughed hard at that one. Mrs...

If you can get past the bad language (perhaps that's why she didn't like it), it was very funny and I'm pretty hard to please when it comes to comedy.

It's very expensive, I can't stand the smell of popcorn, people are rude enough to leave their cell phones on, kids talk through the whole movie and the sound is so loud you can lose your hearing. Not a fun experience for me.

Linnster Linnster

I don't go to the theater, TV, cable or have any movie subscriptions. If/when it comes out online, I would. While the stories it showcases may indeed be real, they aren't the whole story, and the narrative is obviously biased. I like to see things from all perspectives, though, so it would be interesting and I would watch it.

Bozette Bozette

In response to “I don't go to the theater, TV, cable or have...

I understand. But so far, we haven't seen anything from the side of the police, only the poor, put upon criminals.

Budwick Budwick OP

In response to “I understand. But so far, we haven't seen...

That's not true, Bud. Just one example:

From an American dream to an American crisis, Netflix's new original documentary series, Flint Town - the story of Flint, Michigan through the eyes of the city's police department - explores the struggles of living in a constant state of emergency and the team of underdogs fighting against all odds to save the city.

https://youtu.be/EfNURrdgWTU

Bozette Bozette

In response to “That's not true, Bud. Just one...

Hmm, Yeah, they embedded with police to see the problems from the perspective of a squad car. It didn't seem to me to be a support the police kind of thing though. It was more like how government has failed in this community kind of thing. Maybe it's a point of view difference?

Budwick Budwick OP

In response to “Hmm, Yeah, they embedded with police to see...

That's all a part of it, Bud. If the government were doing a wonderful job of creating utopias, there wouldn't be issues between police and civilians. This is clearly looking at things through the eyes of the police.

I get your bias towards the police as always assumed to be right, Bud, but it is a fallacy. Just as it is a fallacy that all "criminals" are "bad" people and always wrong. Chicago is a tough town and being a cop there has to be a ****, but that they had an epidemic of dash cam failures speaks to the truth that not all cops are Andy Griffith or even Barney Fife stereotypes.

Bozette Bozette

In response to “That's all a part of it, Bud. If the...

It's true I have a bias in favor of police. But I don't assume they are right 100% - no one is.

I wasn't aware that government was supposed to be creating utopias! Do you suppose that if the water situation there gets fixed, that crime will go away?

I think being a police officer anywhere is a thankless job. I mean, it's a major news item if/ when a citizen comes to the aid of police officer - I think because it happens so rarely. Although, citizens helping anyone would be news I guess.

Those incidents in Chicago were shocking. I'd still trust a random police officer over a random criminal.

Budwick Budwick OP

In response to “It's true I have a bias in favor of police...

I didn't say that was the job of government. I said that communities, and thus PDs, tend to reflect the governance in an area.

Comes right down to the nitty gritty, Bud, the water problem in Flint was a perfect storm of government incompetence...mostly on the state and federal level. Flint's plan was the correct one. The city's failure was not having someone competent in charge of the treatment during the temporary change and not pushing back on state orders, which were to delay treatment. The switch shouldn't have even been necessary in the first place, but the DWSB forced it...the DWSB was also under state control at the time. The most egregious failure, imho and as someone who has followed the water situation here for 20+ years, was the EPA official who delayed action on her own employee's report in favor of checking legal liability 1st, while knowingly allowing residents to drink contaminated water without notifying anyone. Trust me, Bud, not one single news report you saw was accurate and complete.

Agreed. Disagree. Oh, not that we don't hear about it, but that it doesn't happen, it does, as do citizens helping each other.

Truly bad cops are the minority. As are truly good cops. The vast majority fall somewhere on the spectrum in between the two extremes. JMHO

Bozette Bozette

In response to “I didn't say that was the job of government...

Flints problem didn't happen over night. The crime or the water situations. From what I recall they were on their way to a fix but some part of the fix wasn't ready - so they connected to a known bad water source in the interim. EVERYBODY screwed the pooch on that one. What a stupid idea that was.

But, of course in a perfect world it would have never gone that far.

IN Cleveland we have a sewer and water system that is literally over a hundred years old. The authorities in charge act as its a total surprise that the system is crumbling and in need of repair. Of course they haven't put any money away over the last 100 years to maintain the system, so they want to raise the water bills again.

I agree regarding government incompetence. I personally believe that it's rampant at every level of government. And yet the tendency is for more government control because they know better.

I would trust a random police officer over a random politician.

Budwick Budwick OP

In response to “Flints problem didn't happen over night. The...

No they didn't and the two are separate issues.

No, there was nothing wrong with using the Flint River as a temporary source, what was wrong was the state not allowing it to be properly treated. And the state is the reason it was necessary as a temporary source to begin with. Nothing you have read gives the complete story, Bud. I compared all the MSM (and other sources) reporting with the facts and not one got it right.

Agreed.

Honestly, Bud, I'd trust a random stranger over either. :)

Bozette Bozette