What are your favourite summer road trip songs?

doctorwho1011ForkNdaRoadAdaRooster

Explained by astral_queen...

Some of my favez are the one I linked and "Island in the Sun" by Weezer and "Cosmic Dancer" by T. Rex and "Bizarre Love Triangle" by New Order. Some songs just have that ~summer road trip~ kinda vibe. What ones do you like?!?!

Anything by Ray Charles

And this one. When coming home from Florida and we hit Louisville, Ky, only two more hours to home. lol When I see that sign to Indianapolis, sometimes I tear up, I'm so happy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvJ78hYI6wk

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “Yeah!!!!

Not sure why, but this always seemed like a road trip song to me too. This whole album is fantastic for chill driving music.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04tC72kZM_o

ForkNdaRoad ForkNdaRoad

In response to “Not sure why, but this always seemed like a...

i went through a big coldplay phase in like 9th grade and kind of ruined them for myself :/ i can see how it would be good for that but i cant stand them anymore haha!!

astral_queen astral_queen OP

In response to “i went through a big coldplay phase in like...

The newer music ruined it for me, just not the same. But that's always been my favorite album from them and is about the only one I can still stomach.

ForkNdaRoad ForkNdaRoad

In response to “The newer music ruined it for me, just not...

yeah i dont blame you... the more recent stuff just didnt work for them!!

astral_queen astral_queen OP

I would have no problem hitting the road with The Beatles, Crosby, Stills, and Nash, and "best of" albums of Moody Blues and Mamas and Papas, with a minor in ZZ Top

Freeranger Freeranger

In response to “I would have no problem hitting the road with...

thats a damn fine list! the only one i wouldnt want is zz top! theyre not bad but i feel like my grandfather when i listen to them and get an urge for a cigar.... (o_o)

astral_queen astral_queen OP

My only summer road trip was when I escaped from Atlanta and went to Phoenix. I kept singing "I've been a long time leaving you and I'll be a long time gone."

that_guy that_guy