How early is too early (or late) to start mowing?

doctorwho1011StarzAboveAdaCarlaZonkeyBallsRoosterSynysterGatesChuck_Tom

I would say anytime before 9am if you live in the suburbs. I have mower up until dark, but only because I sometimes work late.

PhilboydStudge PhilboydStudge

Some wait until the grass goes to seed... smart, I say.

Chuck_Tom

In response to “Some wait until the grass goes to seed...

I think I misread the question. In the morning before the sun gets too strong...

Chuck_Tom

As in the time of day? We get dewy here. So, too early, before the sun hasnt dried it, wet grass cuts unevenly. Too late, same problem.

Carla Carla

Usually after the grass is dry. But already 7:40 a.m. our neighbor is cutting his. Way too early.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

If you use a push mower, you better mow it before it gets high enough to look like it really needs mowing.

If you have rye, you really should pay to get sod. Then you have to mow twice a month, instead of twice a week.

that_guy that_guy

PhilboydStudge PhilboydStudge

They usually show up around Noon or so to cut my back lawn. Depends on their schedule I guess.

Rooster Rooster

I would never start before 9 am and never mow past 6pm

Rembio Rembio

That is one of the most irritating things about living in the suburbs, but it needs to be done. My sister's neighbor mows at 9 AM on Saturday or Sunday morning. It isn't that I'm not awake, I just don't want to hear that noise so early. When he finishes, another neighbor begins and it's like that all day. There should be a law against weekend mowing.

Linnster Linnster

Going by noise restrictions where I live ... between 8am and 10pm is okay.

Walt_OReagun Walt_OReagun

Too early, too late? There is only one answer to fit both'of'em... When you are dead! Too early to rise up and hava a revenge on the lawn... Too late to have a revenge on the lawnower.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

Well I live on a golf course and the maintenance crew mow the lawn (with special mowers for the greens and fairway) in the early morning, around 5:30 to 6 am.

SynysterGates SynysterGates

As long as you don't think people are sleeping, then is there a too early or too late? As long as you have enough light as well.

Zolfie Zolfie