PhilboydStudgeSkylarPerkinsZonkeyBallsZolfie

Nobody :)

PhilboydStudgeStarzAboveWill_JanitorZonkeyBalls
I am struggling with depression and panic attacks lately and i find every little thing so difficult to do. Even to get up and go to work seems like sooooo difficult. I am trying to find a way out of this. Any suggestions on how to control my thoughts? I have been told that every feeling is there because of a certain thought even if i do not realise it.

DO NOT come to a opinion based website to find the answers. I could think of no worse alternative. Instead, I think you know what you should do. You need to research the area in which you live and seek out the health care professional who fits your need.
This is the worst place you could choose. Move on.

Freeranger Freeranger

The first line of defense against depression and anxiety is B vitamins. Get B-50 or B-100 pills. Vitamin B2 is a water soluble dye that turns urine bright yellow. When the color fades, it's time for another dose. Read some books about nutrition so you know how to eat right.

B vitamins don't make your life any better, they only make you feel normal so you can put up with the crap.

that_guy that_guy

In response to “The first line of defense against depression...

Vitamins, are you freakin' insane? Oh, forgot whom I was... Never mind. Be happy with those pills. Vade retro, Satana.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

In response to “Vitamins, are you freakin' insane? Oh, forgot...

The body needs about forty nutrients. Eight are proteins, some are vitamins, others are sugars and so on. Doctors, psychiatrists, and all those other professionals will not suggest nutrition because they have no training in the field. It is said that the average doctor knows about as much nutrition as his receptionist, and if she is overweight she almost certainly knows more. So you have to study the subject yourself and decide for yourself what to do.

You should not dismiss the entire subject as "vitamins". I know a lot of people do, but that is a mistake. You just have to learn the business.

that_guy that_guy

In response to “The body needs about forty nutrients. Eight...

Drink booze, care less, die young.

Do not fart, when you are being cremated. That's a bad omen.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

In response to “Drink booze, care less, die young. Do not...

That works too.

that_guy that_guy

Vitamin d3 is also very important to ward off depression. If you dont get enough sunlight, it is important to make it a part of a daily vitamin routine.

Carla Carla

I've been there.. where just breathing is an effort.

My primary advice would be to get professional help if your depression persists.

Aside from that I can offer something for you to peruse. It's a list of cognitive distortions that I've found quite helpful.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t...t3z8r4IXiNeIB2

Good luck.

PhilboydStudge PhilboydStudge

Keep yourself busy, best with work. Don't think about doing things later just say now and get to it. It won't go away easily and must be fought all the time.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

1) Understand that you are alone.
2) Understand that even with other people around you, you are alone.
3) Remember to breathe, preferably with your own lungs, unless you have had a transplant.

I have been struggling with panic disorder for 25+ years, even before anybody could point a finger at it. So... Just be alone in your head. Your extremities will follow you.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

So sorry you're going through this. I know it can be devastating. My advice would be to see a doctor or a therapist/counselor. Don't try to cure yourself....it doesn't work.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

Freeranger Freeranger

Do you eat a healthy/well balanced diet? Exercise? Drink lots of water? If not, try it for a couple of months. Often, the way people feel depends on what they put or do not put into their bodies. Food allergies can screw you up too and can be found through blood tests. My son started eating right and working out along with abstaining from foods he is allergic too and his life is turned around.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson

What I've seen help with depression most, is finding someone you can/will have open conversations with, that you can tell them anything and REALLY TALK to them, express yourself and find an activity that brings some energy to you.

Plus some of the other stuff people have said on here... about seeing a Professional, getting out in the sun (doing some fun things) and eating right.

Zolfie Zolfie

Hi.

I’ve posted about depression before on this website. Depression is a very common condition and it can happen to anyone. People with depression cannot control it with just their willpower, by just pulling together.

It’s alright and like I said, depression is common. Please do not feel afraid of seeing a proper psychiatrist.Although all I suffered from was exam anxiety, I have been to a psychiatrist as often as twice a year for the last few years and she was really sypportive. There are a few medical conditions that sometimes underlie depression, the treatment of which is necessary and also alleviates depression and only your doctor can rule those out(and you, to a fair extent).

- Activate your social life and join family gatherings and friends, visit neighbours.
– Try to start again (or continue) activities that were previously pleasurable.
– Try to maintain regular sleeping and waking times.
– Try to be as physically active as possible.
– Try to eat regularly despite changes in appetite.
– Try to spend time with trusted friends and family.
– Try to participate in community and other social activities as much as possible.

If psychosocial intervention doesn’t work, your doctor may step up and add drugs, which are again normal, there’s no problem being on antidepressants. Being mentally sound is as important as being physically so.

(mhGAP)

ZaraZooper ZaraZooper

Thank you all for your kind suggestions! I am seeing a psychiatrist ofcourse. I am not seeking for answers here as some of you may think. I am just seeking for people who suffer or have suffered in the past and would be kind to share their experience and how they dealt with it. That's all. Among all I hope to be able to get out of depression and panic attacks and stop the antidepressants without having a nervous breakdown. The last time i quit on antidepressants i had a nervous breakdown and i am trying to recover from it ever since.
It is hard but those 2 months i spent without pills i saw my real self. Everything seemed clearer and it was like i was feeling every single thing so much more fierce. I do not know if anyone else has ever felt that way.

Sopairp6 Sopairp6 OP

In response to “Thank you all for your kind suggestions! I am...

Did you taper off your antidepressants slowly? It is usual for people to break down if they stop antidepressants all of a sudden.

I have never been on antidepressants but one of my aunts has been on them for the last couple of years. Once, she lost her prescription and they refused to dispense the antidepressants. For some reason, she thought she could just not buy them. I remember she had panic attacks and she would cry when we talked to her on the phone.My grandmother had to go live with her until she later revealed to us that she had not bought her medicines for quite some time.

ZaraZooper ZaraZooper

In response to “Did you taper off your antidepressants...

yes i did it very slowly. but if the problem hasn't been dealt deep inside and with yourself it comes back twice as intence without the antidepressants.

Sopairp6 Sopairp6 OP

In response to “yes i did it very slowly. but if the problem...

Something for sure is bothering you; whatever it is I hope and pray you find your way out of depression very soon.I know I’m a complete stranger but If you ever need to talk to someone about something, you can always drop me a message. (smile)

ZaraZooper ZaraZooper