Another school shooting, this time in Indiana.  Nice way to start the long holiday weekend.  <strong>Amirite?</strong>
  • Topics:SchoolFree Education
  • Featured on the home page on May 28th 2018
  • Post Of The Day on May 26th 2018

Piper2BudwickStarzAboveWill_JanitorRoosterSynysterGatesHim
Another school shooting, this time in Indiana. Nice way to start the long holiday weekend. Amirite?

Explained by Linnster...

Time to stop giving media coverage of the names and faces of the shooters. Deny them the attention they crave. http://www.amirite.com/820067-another-school-shooting-this-time-in-indiana-nice-way-to-start-the-long-holiday-weekend/2768075

I agree 100% with your statement.
Time to stop giving media coverage of the names and faces of the shooters. Deny them the attention they crave.

Rooster Rooster

I blame violent video games, "cool" parents, and the media's overkill on publicizing these events.
If these teenagers were mowing lawns or mixing cement with a garden hoe, they wouldn't have time OR energy to shoot up their school.

edit:...I just read your explanation. WE AGREE 100%

Him Him

In response to “I blame violent video games, "cool"...

I meant mixing "concrete", which cement is part of.

Him Him

Yup "Grand Theft Auto comes to mind."

SynysterGates SynysterGates

him - that can be true. Remember when tennis was the most violent game available. It would be good to know the real facts about shooters & video game s. Take guns away from video games no more feeling comfortable with guns. When i was a kid I was frightened to death of any gun, parents made me think just touching a gun would make it blow up and kill everyone. Dad had a gun cabinet not locked because I wouldn't go near it even walking near it made me afraid.

LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred

I agree 100% with your statement.

Rooster Rooster

In response to “I agree 100% with your statement. Time to...

Not only that, but because "everyone gets an award" is the new norm, kids don't learn how to cope with disappointments. Bullying has become "normal," a girl not wanting to go out with you becomes reason to initiate a shoot 'em up. The media needs to stop broadcasting their names and faces. Deprive them of the notoriety they are seeking. It doesn't matter why the kid did what he did, let's stop legitimizing their actions by giving them the attention they seem to crave.

Linnster Linnster OP

In response to “Not only that, but because "everyone gets...

Someone on Twitter said that we should start referring to shooters by an assigned number.

DWF DWF

In response to “Someone on Twitter said that we should start...

No need for that either. Just refer to them as "the shooter."

Linnster Linnster OP

In response to “No need for that either. Just refer to them...

With the numbering we'd be reminded of how many of these damn things there have been

DWF DWF

In response to “With the numbering we'd be reminded of how...

I'm pretty sure many of us recall all the school shootings. Does it really matter how many there are if nothing is done to help stop them?

Linnster Linnster OP

How about, "the deceased gunman"?

Rembio Rembio

In response to “How about, "the deceased gunman"?

If appropriate, that would apply.

Linnster Linnster OP

I agree completely.

Carla Carla

I wish that was all it would take, but I fear that wouldn't matter any more. Good start though. Make them appear pathetic cowards rather than troubled.

god

DWF DWF

In response to “god

I'm afraid God was not to blame.

Linnster Linnster OP

In response to “I'm afraid God was not to blame.

I meant it as an exclamation

DWF DWF

In response to “I meant it as an exclamation

I know - I was being flip. Sorry.

Linnster Linnster OP

I know, it was bound to happen. Fortunately no one killed.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

As long as they keep giving the shooters their 15 minutes, it will continue.

Rembio Rembio

Personally I think it should be illegal to take them alive. No way to appreciate their 15 minutes of infamy. But that's just me.

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

In response to “Personally I think it should be illegal to...

I understand, but that would be murder and that would make whoever shot that person as guilty as the school shooter. Personally, if three people saw what he did, there should be no trial - just put them in solitary for the rest of their lives.

Linnster Linnster OP

In response to “I understand, but that would be murder and...

See, I wouldn't consider that murder. It would be more like putting a rabid raccoon down. I don't expect many people would agree with me and I'm ok with that.

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

In response to “See, I wouldn't consider that murder. It...

I understand what you're saying and part of me agrees with you.

Linnster Linnster OP

I don't know about that Will, taken alive and put in prison, let them suffer being molested and raped for few years.

Flrdsgns Flrdsgns

I think there's something much deeper going on with all these shooting, but I agree, stop the media coverage immediately.

SynysterGates SynysterGates

I hadn't watched the news. Thank you for informing us. It is a sad thing and also becoming so common just like everyday car crashes.

I say, instant justice. If they can premeditate....and if they can be identified as the school shooter....take them out on to the football field and shoot them. Bury them in an unmarked grave face down.

Freeranger Freeranger

In response to “I say, instant justice. If they can...

Well, there's a good case for premeditation if someone brings a weapon to school, and certainly if that's combined with postings on social media.

Linnster Linnster OP