If this is accurate it is a move right out of the Third Reich playbook, far more egregious than anything Obama ever did and possibly the most dastardly policy coming from this administration to date.

VicZincChuck_TomCarlaDWFTanor_Faux

Nobody :)

StarzAboveCarlaSynysterGatesChuck_Tom

Explained by VicZinc...

I get that some of you are going to think this is an appropriate response to illegal immigration. It is not. It is Nazism purr and simple.

Your linked article barely gets done comparing Trump to Hitler before calling Jews "his right-wing extremist allies in Israel" for "murdering sixty people and maiming 3,000 more".

The bracelets are to identify the immigrant parents who have been separated from their kids, not all immigrants. And since, according to your article, "a policy of ethnic cleansing" is "quite obviously what Trump is trying to do here", I have to wonder why there would be any need to identify which immigrants are parents?

Regarding your reference to "Hitler's playbook" and the now common refrain that Trump has become the "modern-day Hitler"...perhaps you should be calling him the "modern-day Calif" as the first use of yellow to distinguish Jews among the populace was in the 9th century Muslim world to the best of my knowledge. Even in Christendom the use of yellow predated Hitler by centuries.

Bozette Bozette

Yeah, and there probably wasn't a lot of criminal activity in Nazi Germany either...BUT, I agree. They should be wearing these...
What part of ILLEGAL is not clear?

Mr. Zinc... are you opposed to tier 3 **** offenders/pedophiles being required to register under Megan's Law?

Him Him

In response to “Yeah, and there probably wasn't a lot of...

If you are equating a women who risks her life and limb to secure a chance for her children to experience the American dream with a man who forces his ** into the ** of a 6 year old then we are done here.

VicZinc VicZinc OP

In response to “If you are equating a women who risks her...

She can do it legally, as tens of thousands of others have, if the yellow patch is so demeaning, AND she has nothing to hide.

Nice try. I'm not comparing crimes, I'm challenging your premise that identifying criminal activity is Nazism.

Oh, and there are also plenty of FEMALE **** offenders. Ask Hillary.

Him Him

In response to “She can do it legally, as tens of thousands...

I am going with:
- you are assuming this story is mostly true
- you think it is perfectly ok to warehouse human beings
-You think it is ok to label people as criminals without formal charges, without a trial, without due process
- you think it is ok to seperate families, parents from children, with no due process (and apparently no process at all other than marshal law) and to turn a blind eye as those children are sold into human bondage

If I am correct then I cannot even begin to fathom the depravity of a mind that believes that.

VicZinc VicZinc OP

In response to “I am going with: - you are assuming this...

And since you are evading MY question, I will go with:
- You think a man who forces his ** into the ** of a 6 year old should be able to prey around anonymously, unimpeded, and without shame.

Him Him

In response to “And since you are evading MY question, I will...

I do not. I think he should be tried, convicted and jailed. I do not think he should be branded - that just me.

And I think people are innocent until proven guilty.

VicZinc VicZinc OP

In response to “I do not. I think he should be tried...

I agree, but when they get out, registering under Megan's Law IS a form of branding, isn't it?

It was YOU who said illegal immigrants. If they are ILLEGAL, Illegal means criminal.

Him Him

In response to “I agree, but when they get out, registering...

Fine. this article claims these people are 'warehoused' before even being charged with crime.

Making them wear these yellow flags is exactly what the Nazis did to jews

VicZinc VicZinc OP

In response to “Fine. this article claims these people are...

If they are "illegal", as you said, then they ARE committing a crime.

Him Him

In response to “If they are "illegal", as you said...

Actually, if you read more carefully I said this policy is a result of illegal immigration. I never said those being treated where illegal immigrants.

For example, the policy of checking school children for lice is the result of a lice outbreak. That doesn't mean every kid they check has lice.

VicZinc VicZinc OP

In response to “Actually, if you read more carefully I said...

An arm band, HOW CRUEL, that no good evil dictator Trump!! I wonder what would happen if you or I just waltzed illegally into Russia, Iran, Korea, China, or even Mexico?
I would welcome a yellow arm patch, as opposed to what they would do.

Sun's setting, back to work.

Him Him

In response to “An arm band, HOW CRUEL, that no good evil...

Have a great night

VicZinc VicZinc OP

In response to “http://data.amirite.net/user_images/5b089abce7e...

But the Jews committed no crime. That's Nazism.
Crossing the border illegally IS a crime. That's enforcing the law.

Him Him

In response to “But the Jews committed no crime. That's...

Again. I don't think these people have been convicted of any crime. If they had they would be in jail or deported, not in an ICE processing 'facility'

VicZinc VicZinc OP

In response to “Again. I don't think these people have been...

They can't be convicted until they are placed under arrest for illegally crossing the border. Warehousing them essentially signifies they are under arrest.

A yellow patch is better than handcuffs, dontcha think? I've been handcuffed, and believe me, it sucks eggs. I'll take an arm band that says "bad person" any day.

Him Him

The difference is, the Jews committed no crime. That's Nazism.
Illegal immigrants ARE, by being illegal. That's being under arrest and tagged.

Him Him

In response to “The difference is, the Jews committed no...

Your position is clear.

VicZinc VicZinc OP

So, you shouldn't be opposed to making evangelicals wear a yellow shirt, since it seems to be evangelicals who commit all the mass shootings in the country.

Flrdsgns Flrdsgns

In response to “So, you shouldn't be opposed to making...

Not if all evangelicals are here illegally.

Him Him

That is simply not true.

Bozette Bozette

In response to “That is simply not true.

No, it isn't true, but it is as true as the statement that illegals are all here to rape and pillage.

Flrdsgns Flrdsgns

In response to “No, it isn't true, but it is as true as the...

Him never claimed any such thing.

Bozette Bozette

Wrong again Einstein....Trump as a candidate was referring to the CRIMINALS in their home countries that are rapists, murderers and drug dealers, whose country's leaders as well as our Democrat politicians being OK with the rapists, murderers and drug dealers in those SHIT HOLE countries coming to our country ILLEGALLY...for a "better life", smh.

If you took the TIME to listen to what Trump actually said as a candidate, you'd KNOW that he was NOT referring to IMMIGRANTS, and would KNOW that he was referring to CRIMINALS in those countries who were being allowed to enter our country ILLEGALLY.

Eh you all know that, but nope instead you all on the left keep on keeping on doing what you do best.... LYING to your ignorant base to get them all riled up to believe that Trump is ANTI-blah, blah, blah....in your attempt to get your sheep riled up to vote, while you all not having a clue that your "progressive" party's nutty antics and policies IN FACT only rile up COMMON SENSE Independent voters to want to vote in the mid term elections just to STOP THE MADNESS of nutty liberals wanting to "fundamentally TRANSFORM" our great country into your crazy **** liberal socialist agenda/VISION of us all being "equal"...yeah equally poor were one day WE THE PEOPLE are reliant on the GOVERNMENT to take care of us peasants, run my nitwits like LIFER politicians ala Chuck Shumer, Nancy Pelosi, Maxine Waters, John McCain, Barbara Boxer, Diane Feinstein etc. etc. etc. who ALL live like KINGS and QUEENS in their DC bubble making even more laws, rules and regulations on how THEY think we all should live our lives in the USA....eh and yet you NUTS on the left actually WANT that, because those of you on today's left (having a child like mindset) subliminally as adults WANT to be TOLD by the GOVERNMENT as to what you can or cannot do, because you were raised by a VILLAGE lol!! :)

Gronk17 Gronk17

In response to “Wrong again Einstein....Trump as a candidate...

Listen to his speech again there gronk, you are misquoting trump, again.

Flrdsgns Flrdsgns

In response to “Listen to his speech again there gronk, you...

YOU need to listen to his speech again....Trump as a candidate was CLEARLY and OBVIOUSLY referring to the ILLEGAL scumbag, criminal minded ILLEGAL immigrants who are in our country ILLEGALLY who came to our country ILLEGALLY, who then go on to commit their crimes of rape and murder while in our country being ILLEGAL immigrants!

Eh yet you nuts on the left who are BLINDED by wearing your rose colored glasses, only SEE those ILLEGAL immigrant ANIMALS who barbarically brutally rape and brutally murder your fellow Americans as Nancy Pelosi does... as "God's children" where SHE as a NUTTY liberal FEELS that our President disrespected those BARBARIC MS13 gang members, because she as a NUT feels that they as barbaric GANG MEMBERS have a "spark of divinity" who have the worth of every person.... BLAH, BLAH BLAH.

Eh, yet you SUPPOSED "intellectual" nuts on the left are still pondering amongst yourselves STILL trying to FIGURE OUT as to WHY Hillary lost to Donald Trump, lol!!

Gronk17 Gronk17

He/she knows. Just a silly comment garnering an even more silly riposte.

Him Him

It is not. But on a (somewhat) related note:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/...?noredirect=on

According to WaPo, PEW says that Evangelicals are the least likely to follow the biblical edicts to provide refuge.

VicZinc VicZinc OP

In response to “It is not. But on a (somewhat) related...

That's not related to my conversation with Flrdsgns at all, Vic, but thank you for sharing.

Bozette Bozette

Where the F do you get your news "facts" where you actually IGNORANTLY believe/think that it's Evangelicals who are committing all the mass shootings in our country???
Oh man for you to post that blatant falsehood, only further proves that your liberal leaders do USE people like yourself to be their "useful idiots".... because unbeknownst to YOU, they deem you as one being politically IGNORANT, therefore they know they can USE you as one of their "useful idiot" because they KNOW you will obediently and IGNORANTLY regurgitate ad naseum whatever they TELL you to say on their behalf... as one of their "USEFUL" IDIOTS.

Gronk17 Gronk17

In response to “Where the F do you get your news...

Gronk. My comment clearly stated that it was claimed by PEW in the WaPo. So I provided the source and I never said it was true.

But more to the point the survey was about Refugees not shootings - so I made no such claim.

Please stick to the topic.

VicZinc VicZinc OP

Oh gronk, go away, just go have a few more **** kids, collect your welfare check and get off the library computer.

Flrdsgns Flrdsgns

In response to “Oh gronk, go away, just go have a few more...

LOL!!!!!!
Eh unbeknownst to you, in your attempt to insult me as a Conservative woman....you instead IGNORANTLY only insulted your fellow Democrats who collect their welfare checks.
Oh man, you liberals just keep on keeping on IGNORANTLY walking on the rake in your own back yards, with that damn rake that keeps on hitting you all in your faces every time you venture outside of YOUR liberal bubble.

Gronk17 Gronk17

In response to “LOL!!!!!! Eh unbeknownst to you, in your...

You obviously don't know what you are talking about. I've never been on welfare, and none of my friends have been on welfare either.
On the other hand, unlike you, my friends weren't the school **** either trying to pretend they have any sense of decency.

If you ever want to have a civil discussion, and you want to stop your hatred of anyone who doesn't agree with you on every issues, I'm in, but if you want to keep calling anyone with a different viewpoint ignorant, then I take it as an attack, and, like your hero, I'm also a counter puncher.

Flrdsgns Flrdsgns

"Let's start with the simple fact that the yellow star had its origins in a Dhimmi badge imposed on Jews by Muslims as symbols of their inferiority under Muslim rule. Long before Nazism, the use of yellow badges and other yellow distinguishing clothes was imposed on Jews by Muslims over a thousand years ago."

Source - - https://www.frontpagemag.com/po...iel-greenfield

Chuck_Tom

In response to “"Let's start with the simple fact that...

Ok start there. Still not acceptable.

VicZinc VicZinc OP

In response to “Ok start there. Still not acceptable.

Agreed 100%...

Chuck_Tom

But of course Vic didn't complain when it was done during the Obama administration. (hello)

http://www.amirite.com/820074-i...s-than/2768861

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

In response to “But of course Vic didn't complain when it was...

Any excuse to sell brown children . You laugh at it. Sad.

VicZinc VicZinc OP

In response to “Any excuse to sell brown children . You laugh...

What happened to the yellow insignias, Vic? (wary)

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

In response to “What happened to the yellow insignias, Vic? (wary)

Are you daft or just toying with yourself? Did you even read the article?

The Border Patrol and the Immigration and Customs Enforcement agencies have begun separating migrant children from their parents and placing them in military warehouses while their parents are locked away in ICE’s concentration camps. They wear the insignia to signify that their children had been taken from them.

VicZinc VicZinc OP

In response to “Are you daft or just toying with yourself?...

Neither... just referring to your canard in the description of your post, which you've been dodging for about half a dozen comments so far. (o_o)

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

In response to “Neither... just referring to your canard in...

Well I guess both maybe.

I find it hard to believe that you can't put 2+2 together, that you don't see that trading yellow arm bands for live human babies is Nazi like. But clearly you are more hung up on my inability to construct succinctly worded sentences than you are on the government's implementation of this atrocity.

VicZinc VicZinc OP

In response to “Well I guess both maybe. I find it hard to...

But, as I said elsewhere on this post, you didn't seem to mind the yellow insignias when they happened under Obama.

Oh, wait... they started in 2005... it was Bush's fault. (xp)

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

In response to “But, as I said elsewhere on this post, you...

They were not taking children from their mothers. I can't believe you are defending that. Read the article.

VicZinc VicZinc OP

In response to “They were not taking children from their...

Then why didn't you make your post about babies instead of yellow insignias?

And why should I believe anything in the article if they (and you) lied about Trump starting the insignias? (hello)

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

In response to “Then why didn't you make your post about...

What are you talking about? The post says "if the article is true" read the article. I don't give a crap what the headline says.

You and others here seem willing to forgive the ripping apart of families because yellow is not a bad color. Seriously WTF?

VicZinc VicZinc OP

In response to “What are you talking about? The post says...

Repeat: why should I believe anything in the article if they (and you) lied about Trump starting the insignias?

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

In response to “Repeat: why should I believe anything in the...

You shouldn't. Don't if you don't want to.

Why didn't you argue that it wasn't true instead of arguing that if it is true it's no big deal.

If it is true it is a huge deal.

VicZinc VicZinc OP

In response to “You shouldn't. Don't if you don't want...

You're prevaricating again, Vic. (biggrin)

If you go back and read my first comment, I said that even a blogger at the Democratic Underground knew better, and linked his comment that it wasn't true.

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

In response to “You're prevaricating again, Vic...

"resident Donald Trump’s most monstrous policy is finally becoming a reality. The Border Patrol and the Immigration and Customs Enforcement agencies have begun separating migrant children from their parents and placing them in military warehouses while their parents are locked away in ICE’s concentration camps. "

VicZinc VicZinc OP

In response to “"resident Donald Trump’s most...

Your hysterics will get you nowhere, Vic, except maybe with your devoted band of proggy followers. (hello)

If your post was supposed to be about the children, why didn't you mention them in the title?

And why was the article you referenced entitled, "Trump has just begun forcing detained immigrants to wear yellow insignias", if I was supposed to 'f*ck the yellow band' ? Tsk, tsk, Vic. (hehe)

Progs save fallacious Vic,
Long live ignoble Vic,
Progs save our Vic.
Send him, censorious,
Always vainglorious
And ever notorious,
Progs save our Vic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJ27xS27qyc

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

Update: Hey, Vic, why did you abuse your authority as a mod and heavily edit your comment after the fact?

Oh, wait... never mind, you were censoring yourself. Good idea, for once. (hehe)

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

In response to “Update: Hey, Vic, why did you abuse your...

That is correct. I realized that I was being an **** to you.

I apologize for losing my cool, it was immature.

It is not really an 'abuse', in the past when that happened (before I was a moderator) I would just ask a moderator to edit it for me. That is a option open to all.

If you ever feel like you've gone to far, just let me know and I'll happily make any edit you like.

Again, I am sorry I was a **** to you.

VicZinc VicZinc OP

In response to “That is correct. I realized that I was being...

It's ok, Vic, no need to apologize.

I didn't take offense.

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

In response to “It's ok, Vic, no need to apologize. I didn't...

Well thank you. But it is not alright. It was rude and I am sorry.

VicZinc VicZinc OP

In response to “Well thank you. But it is not alright. It...

Ok, apology accepted.

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

You read this Vic ....then apologise to everyone you screamed at...

JD JD

In response to “http://data.amirite.net/user_images/5b09da5c486...

I read it when he tweet it this morning.

FYI, There is no "law" requiring this. It is his policy, and he is the only one who can stop it.

He is using children as pawns to blame Democrats for what he did.

VicZinc VicZinc OP

Bozette Bozette

In response to “Your linked article barely gets done...

Federal officials lost track of nearly 1,500 migrant children last year.
The Health and Human Services Department has failed to take full responsibility for their care and has delayed crucial reforms needed to keep them from falling into the hands of human traffickers.

So are the bracelets there to make it easier to identify which mothers get to hear and ICE agent say, "we lost your kid" ?

https://youtu.be/RaPBzhEsCL0?t=146

VicZinc VicZinc OP

In response to “Federal officials lost track of nearly 1,500...

The children are a legitimate concern. However your post had nothing whatsoever to do with the children, Vic. So get off your holier-than-thou **** horse, you are simply using hyperbolic clickbait to showcase your hatred.

Bozette Bozette

In response to “The children are a legitimate concern...

Hatred of what? I dislike it when my government uses jackbooted policies to promote divisiveness.

I love my neighbors and want them treated with dignity. No point in preaching to the choir and the peanut gallery needs hyperbole if there is any hope of convincing them that they are supporting inhumane policies.

VicZinc VicZinc OP

In response to “Hatred of what? I dislike it when my...

Your likening Trump to Hitler isn't devisive, Vic? (nme)

There is nothing inhumane in using the bracelets...and you cannot use the children as your entire post was about the bracelets.

Bozette Bozette

In response to “Your likening Trump to Hitler isn't devisive...

Yes ma'am, er I mean officer. Thanks for keeping me on the straight and narrow.

Trump is very hitler like. The bracelets are like the Nazi star armbands. Many people support Trump simply because they believe he will turn a blind eye to their racism and xenophobia, which he gladly does.

You brought up the children issue to explain why they 'needed' armbands.

I simply pointed out that the armband use as a flag for the reason you claim they were intended for is ridiculous: first they don't identify where the children are, or even which children go with which women- and secondly ICE apparently does even know where their children are.

Given the lack of accountability, the best guess I have is they are used so ICE will know which women they can emotionally torture over the loss of their children.

There seems to be quite a few ICE agents who are no better than the Nazi scum in Sofie film.

VicZinc VicZinc OP

In response to “Yes ma'am, er I mean officer. Thanks for...

Vic, Vic, Vic...they are bracelets, not "armbands"...which, btw, were used under Obama...the Nazi! (biggrin)

Bozette Bozette

In response to “Vic, Vic, Vic...they are **bracelets**...

I never said Obama wasn't a Nazi.

I hope I implied that I think using Third Reich techniques to control and cajole the population is distasteful (at best). I sure wish you agreed, would love to have you on the side of compassion.

VicZinc VicZinc OP

In response to “I never said Obama wasn't a Nazi. I hope I...

...far more egregious than anything Obama ever did...

Bozette Bozette

In response to “//**...far more egregious than anything Obama...

The ritualized dehumanization of a minority population was the first step toward genocide in Nazi Germany. The world has seen this kind of rhetoric about immigrants - and this kind of brutal, cruel treatment of women and children. This isn’t a warning sign. It’s a crisis.

Obama did some disagreeable things, but this policy - this makes me so mad I could spit nails.

One does not need to be a parent to understand the magnitude of horror - arriving at a border crossing seeking asylum just to have your children literally dragged from your arms and replace with a 'bracelet'. No information on where your children are being taken, not information about if, how or when you will ever see them again. This is America this is the 21st century. What in the name of humanity are you defending here?

If you are seriously going to continue to argue that because my wording on this post didn't meet your literary standards that you are just not giving an inch.

Shame on you! Shame Bozette. Shame!

VicZinc VicZinc OP

In response to “The ritualized dehumanization of a minority...

I corrected your inflammatory and baseless accusations against Trump. You clearly likened Trump to Hitler, specifically stating that this move by Trump is "far more egregious than anything Obama ever did", when, in fact, this dates back at least to Obama's administration.

Shame on YOU, Vic, for fomenting even further hatred and division.

Bozette Bozette

Key word...ILLEGAL..

When you do illegal things, you'll have to deal with consequences you won't like.

Most people think about those consequences before hand and that's how they remain legal.

Also. comparing any president to Hitler is borderline insanity to think that and it doesn't have any shock value to any sane person..that doesn't have your same views.

DandyDon DandyDon

I understand this has been going on for some time. Even to refugees who go to border patrol to seek asylum. The identification is beside the point. It is the welfare of those children.

Carla Carla

Another bungled job for ZuperZinc? (biggrin)

Even a blogger on the Democratic Underground knows better.

https://www.democraticundergrou...0657156#post17

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

In response to “Another bungled job for ZuperZinc?...

You like it when grown man rip children from their mothers arms make them both cry out in anguish and fear? You are one depraved fairy.

VicZinc VicZinc OP

In response to “You like it when grown man rip children from...

If that happened, it didn't start with Trump.

Besides, Vic, the post was about Trump having "just begun forcing detained immigrants to wear yellow insignias," or has that nonsense quietly fallen by the wayside?

Dodge, Vic, dodge. (hehe)

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

In response to “If that happened, it didn't start with...

Please stop lying. You are getting off on those immigrants suffering the mental anguish of having their families ripped apart. You think it is fair for their crime of being not white.

VicZinc VicZinc OP

In response to “Please stop lying. You are getting off on...

I see you took my dodging advice, Vic.

Way to go. (biggrin)

What happened to the yellow insignias? (hello)

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

In response to “I see you took my dodging advice, Vic. Way...

As you and your evil friends know, they are being traded for live children. Some of whom are sold into **** trade while you laugh .

VicZinc VicZinc OP

In response to “As you and your evil friends know, they are...

I'm laughing at your squirming attempts, Vic. (hehe)

Now it's righteous indignation. (biggrin)

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

In response to “I'm laughing at your squirming attempts, Vic...

Laughing while children and mothers suffer. That's what I said. Spin your sick game any way you want.

VicZinc VicZinc OP

In response to “Laughing while children and mothers suffer...

Yeah, yeah, I know Vic... they don't need no stinkin' badges.

Just motor-voter registration.
That's what your fuss is really about. (biggrin)

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

In response to “Yeah, yeah, I know Vic... they don't need no...

Can't defend your baby trafficking stance so move to racist imagery, nice.

We are done here. Enjoy your klan meeting or where ever you are headed next.

VicZinc VicZinc OP

In response to “Can't defend your baby trafficking stance so...

Oooh... the R word.

A sure sign that you've lost. (biggrin)

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

What are you on, Vic ...illegal immigrants being made to wear something that identifies them, it's shocking..NOT..you anti Trump mob, will write anything to make Trump look bad and you are failing miserably ....the country is doing well and he is keeping NK, Russia and Syria in line and you worry about little silly things...

JD JD

In response to “What are you on, Vic ...illegal immigrants...

They are taking the children and 'misplacing them

What the **** is wrong with you people?

VicZinc VicZinc OP

In response to “They are taking the children and 'misplacing...

When anyone commits a crime and get caught, they are the ones putting their children in danger...these immigrants if not caught will rob, rape and murder to make a living...so they take the risk and it's down to them..they **** up their own country and then want to ruin our countries, that we have worked hard and paid taxes to live in a nice place...

JD JD

In response to “When anyone commits a crime and get caught...

With all due respect JD these are people arriving at the boarder seeking asylum. They have not even been processed yet. They are asking permission to be let in, not sneaking across.

VicZinc VicZinc OP

In response to “With all due respect JD these are people...

That's probably bs, they are legally supposed to find sanctuary in the first country they arrive in...not that I know which country they are from..

JD JD

In response to “That's probably bs, they are legally supposed...

" they are legally supposed to find sanctuary in the first country they arrive in."

You killed a lot of **** with that fact..

People seeking asylum don't arrive somewhere acting like it's just a water break (as if they're in a marathon) and move on to go somewhere else..

Who would put poor suffering kids through something like?

DandyDon DandyDon

With all due respect, Vic, you are mistaken.

Jacinto wore a yellow bracelet on her left wrist, which defense lawyers said identifies parents who are arrested with their children and prosecuted in Operation Streamline, a fast-track program for illegal border crossers.

Operation Streamline was begun under Bush and continued under Obama and now Trump.

Operation Streamline is a joint initiative of the Department of Homeland Security and Department of Justice in the United States, started in 2005, that adopts a "zero-tolerance" approach to unauthorized border-crossing by engaging in criminal prosecution of those engaging in it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Streamline

Bozette Bozette

In response to “With all due respect, Vic, you are...

Under Obama those bracelets were just fashion accessories.

The kids were a lot stronger back then too.

DandyDon DandyDon

In response to “Under Obama those bracelets were just fashion...

Of course, they only became Hitleresque under Trump.

Bozette Bozette

You want to get your facts straight...Trump is against separating families and he is against the law made by the democrats...

JD JD

In response to “You want to get your facts straight...Trump...

No such law. It is a policy Trump's team made up. If you read the news every outlet has disavowed the existence of such a "law"

VicZinc VicZinc OP

In response to “No such law. It is a policy Trump's team...

Why are you always wrong...it don't seem to bother you, that most of what you say is bs....

JD JD

In response to “Why are you always wrong...it don't seem to...

Since Vic seems partial to Nazism analogies, perhaps it doesn't bother him that most of what he says is bs for the same reason that it didn't bother Joseph Goebbels. (think)

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

Oh I am so sorry JD, I guess you didn't hear. I am a bleeding troll.

So tell me how you are such an expert on American immigration law? And please post the 'law' that says families must be torn asunder without due process.

I must have miss that clause in both DACA and DAPA which Obama championed so loudly that he had OP-EDs written about him from PB/ICE leadership.

You must know how hated Obama was for supporting the Deferred Action for Parents of Americans, and that last June Trump "rolled back" those protections.

VicZinc VicZinc OP

In response to “Oh I am so sorry JD, I guess you didn't...

As usual, Vic isn't telling the whole story. Those DAPA "protections" never went into effect in the first place.

"The [DAPA] program was announced in November 2014 by President Barack Obama, along with a number of immigration reform steps including increased resources for border enforcement, new procedures for high-skilled immigrants, and an expansion of the existing Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program.

Several states have filed lawsuits against the federal government, arguing that DAPA violates the Constitution and federal statutes. A temporary injunction was issued in February 2015, blocking the program from going into effect while the lawsuit proceeds. A U.S. Supreme Court 4–4 split decision in June 2016 effectively left the block in place.

On June 15, 2017, the Trump Administration announced that it was rescinding the Deferred Action for Parents of Americans order."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D...s_of_Americans

Another thing Vic isn't telling, is that the immigration wrangle among politicians isn't about humanitarianism, it's about votes and political power. Would Obama have "championed" DAPA if the people affected would mostly vote Republican someday? Don't make me laugh.

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

Illegals are kept in detention centres and so their kids are not allowed to be with them...how many criminals have their kids in prison with them...think

JD JD

In response to “Illegals are kept in detention centres and so...

Thinking is not a strong point among doctrinaire progressives. (think)

Just ask the Washington Press. (hehe)

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

There once was a doctrinaire proggy,
Whose thinking was clouded and foggy.
When to drink he had lots, see,
He'd yell, "Trump's a Nazi!"
And sometimes, in spots he seemed groggy.

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

In response to “//There once was a doctrinaire...

He is probably reading his bedtime stories..."fake news on Trump"

JD JD

In response to “He is probably reading his bedtime...

We seem to be picking up lots of doctrinaire downvotes.
Next they'll be calling in Antifa to beat us up. (biggrin)

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

Yes, fake news... In one of his more lucid moments, he admitted as much himself. (hehe)

http://www.amirite.com/819981-w...dy-for/2769762

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

Vic, you are way too partisan for you to be a fair and balanced "moderator" on this OPINION website, because you constantly post something anti-Trump or post a flat out LIE, as you did with your post about those "first images...".

You are clearly USING your position as a moderator on this OPINION website to only further YOUR political beliefs as one in "power" on this website.
I miss DS.

Gronk17 Gronk17

In response to “Vic, you are way too partisan for you to be a...

No I am not. I have strong opinions but I do not suppress other's opinions. I promote opinions that I disagree with to the home page and make them post of the day.

I don;t delete opposing comments and I admit when I am wrong.

I never promote my own posts to the home page. If they are promoted it is only by the administrators.

VicZinc VicZinc OP

In response to “No I am not. I have strong opinions but I do...

You as a moderator on this OPINION website most certainly do ABUSE your "power" as a moderator on this OPINION website for YOU to have the "power" to delete the comments of those who have differing opinions that differ from yours...and you KNOW I know this to be a FACT.

Gronk17 Gronk17

In response to “You as a moderator on this OPINION website...

I respectfully disagree. I do not do that. Never have and never will.

VicZinc VicZinc OP

In response to “I respectfully disagree. I do not do that...

My mistake then of misinterpreting your PM to me.

Gronk17 Gronk17

In response to “My mistake then of misinterpreting your PM to me.

Just to be clear, I may have misinterpreted your comment above.

I certainly have deleted a post that I made, after you kindly and correctly pointed out that the information I used to make that post was dead wrong.

I did not deleted it to hide comments of those who disagreed, I removed it because I was ashamed of my own lack of integrity, and I thanked you for correcting me. If I was not a mod I would have asked a mod to delete it. It was a bad post. I was wrong to have posted it in the first place. You were right to have disagreed with me and pointed out my error.

I would not removed a comment on my own or anyones posts simply because I disagreed with the comment. I would only remove comments if they violated ToC.

I publicly admitted that I removed a post I had made because it was wrong, and again I sincerely thank you for you comment that made my egregious error clear to me.

VicZinc VicZinc OP