So really, just how long should it take a "newbie" to figure this site out?; Navigating, the drama, who are the insecure, the trolls, the untrustworthy, the troublemakers, and who's talking about who? How long does it take?What's the rule?,  and let's apply it EQUALLY!

one week

Tanor_Faux

a week to a month

astral_queenSweetater

1 - 3 months

Nobody :(

3 - 6 months

Nobody :(

Derrrrp ...It took ME years

Sunny_the_skeptic

I still haven't figured it out.

Blewynanifail

It takes longer than the top crybaby has been here.

RoosterSynysterGates

Other

DWFLil_PrincessZolfieZonkeyBalls

Lil_PrincessBozetteCarlaZonkeyBallsRoosterSynysterGates
So really, just how long should it take a "newbie" to figure this site out?; Navigating, the drama, who are the insecure, the trolls, the untrustworthy, the troublemakers, and who's talking about who? How long does it take?What's the rule?, and let's apply it EQUALLY!

Explained by Sweetater...

Last week , I was referred to as a "newbie", even though I signed up over 5 months ago. This site is easy and very user friendly. With so few active members, and the frequency that many members whine and accuse, it's also easy to recognize the drama, the bullies, the victims, the liars, the hypocrites, the phonies, and such. Plus, with private messages, it's even easier. Yet some feel that if you aren't a member for YEARS, you shouldn't know anything. lol How long?

There are rules??? (biggrin)

Bozette Bozette

There are rules??? (biggrin)

Bozette Bozette

In response to “There are rules??? (biggrin)

I think it's a rule that only choice members are allowed to enforce. I'd like to make it universal.(wink)

Sweetater Sweetater OP

Only the ones we make up. (hehe)

SynysterGates SynysterGates

Good question. I've only been on here a little over a year, so I guess I'm still an FNG but none of that matters to me. It's what they ask and answer that I look at and really don't give a damn how long they've been here. Although I feel that some of the long time users get preferential treatment, it matters not to me how long a person has been here.

Rooster Rooster

Took me about two weeks.

Sweetater Sweetater OP

Well 5 months is a long time, so yeah you would know about peoples behavior, and how the site works quite well.

It's the ones that go on political posts and troll member's comments that I wonder about. The ones that have probably been here as another username, came back and immediately re engaged with the same people.

SynysterGates SynysterGates

In response to “Well 5 months is a long time, so yeah you...

I blocked a totally disingenuous person and that member said s/he was blocked by a "newbie", as if the block was somehow unwarranted. I ve seen lots of other similar references to newbies as well. Some that have been here almost a year.

Sweetater Sweetater OP

When I first joined, all of that took a week for me to discover. Just be yourself and that's all it takes.

Tanor_Faux Tanor_Faux

In response to “When I first joined, all of that took a week...

Seems to me that the guilty are the ones who use the "newbie" rationalization.

Sweetater Sweetater OP

In response to “Seems to me that the guilty are the ones who...

Regular users are pretty guilty too. THey have posting history and habits that makes it easy to know whether or not they're bad company. This site isn't any different from any other forum or area of discussion anywhere else. **** come in different shapes, sizes, and problems... but the hole works the same.

Tanor_Faux Tanor_Faux

Ya don't have to be a genius to figure out a lot about this place (ono)

It is not nor has it ever been my place to tell anyone that they have a set time frame for learning this site. I have been a trainer for years and everyone learns at different levels even sites like this.

Who is to say that ain't coming here and observing before jumping in, I am guilty of doing that in the past.

If someone wants to talk about me, I think that is ever so sweet...it means that I am just absolutely amazing because I can fill their mind each and every day (biggrin)

🦋

Lil_Princess Lil_Princess

I've been on this site for awhile, since I'm rarely on, I guess everytime I answer a question, I would probably be considered a newbie😊

BarbOBarr BarbOBarr

There are dozens of members that don't post and don't comment. As a mod I can see that they log on and (presumably) read posts (why else would they log on?) Some occasionally thumb comments and vote on posts.

Tater you are a good example. You made a few comments day one and then only 4 or so over the next month. You were active a full 5 weeks before you made your first post. That is very common.

Most new members get the lay of the land before publicly commenting or posting. Some don't like what they see and never come back, others choose to read but never participate. That is OK. Amirite can be a spectator sport too.

Heck I know of a few members who have been here years and never made a single post.

For the record the rules are meant to stop people from causing conflict among members. Unfortunately there are no rules against reacting like a jackass every time you notice a member you've never noticed before. But trust me, the moderators know when someone new signs up and we watch their activity to see if they intent to make trouble.

There are also no rules that say you can't start a new account after being booted, what the rules do allow is for the mods to boot your new account if you start back up with the same shenanigans that got you booted in the first place.

Bottom line, don't call out other members in negative light. It is really that simple. If you don't get along, ignore or block, just don't hang your dirty laundry in public.

VicZinc VicZinc

In response to “There are dozens of members that don't post...

I did block, and was made to feel like less of a member, or unjust, by being called a "newbie". I was , like, how long does it take? (hehe)
I even deactivated my account for a few days but then figured why should I?

Sweetater Sweetater OP

I was also referred to as a "moron", a "sock", and a "nasty spud" for doing so. Care to see the screen print?

Sweetater Sweetater OP

In response to “I was also referred to as a "moron"...

No thanks. Sorry that happened. Some people are not very polite. Glad you stayed.

VicZinc VicZinc

I'd never ever figure it out unless I was directly told

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

It takes until the next major flare-up

DWF DWF

Ive been here a year and a half and much still goes over my head. I dont mind, though. Many things i dont want to know.
Newbie:). I wouldnt mind being called that....

Carla Carla

Everything you ever need to know is in this little poem I'm about to write, directly to you, my dear...

Site, what a sight! So many nutcases,
some of which are pushing daisies,
zombies in real life, but online?
They appear so dandy and fine!

Not just Don, but Carla and Chuckie,
should ever feel so lucky with duckie,
the one we use for the witch hunt, ye?
Don't turn up belly-up or shout "Que?!"

We speak many languages, mostly one,
some of us are merely done, begone,
as the loom of Mr. Death-is-a-reaper!
Grizzly bottoms, Tom is a peeper.

What is there to figure out, I shout;
"Come forwards thee, miracle of fart,
yes we're the Simpsons, you are Bart,
but that's one definition of art."

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

welcome to society 101 bud

Freeranger Freeranger

I still don't think I've fully figured out this site... and I'm just talking about the site, and not the people. Of course maybe that's because I haven't tried hard enough or don't care enough. I got the basics and that's all most people seem to use on here.

Zolfie Zolfie

I still don't know a lot but I think I have the basics. And yes, there are some on here that can make you feel like you are a dunce but let it roll off your back, they aren't that important.

ozzyboy ozzyboy

i'm seeing a double standard on this site, if no one can see that then they are a fool.....whats good for one isn't good for the other,, fuk that!!

symplycurious symplycurious

In response to “https://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/...

Macho Man Randy Savage..Oh Yeahhh!!!!!

(hehe)

symplycurious symplycurious

In response to “LMAO :)

when my oldest was little her and I made a snowman and she named it Rowdy Roddy Piper her favorite wrestler LOL...some things a mom never forgets (hehe)

symplycurious symplycurious

In response to “when my oldest was little her and I made a...

LOL ... That's cute.

mine was the Ultimate Warrior. (hehe)

SynysterGates SynysterGates

In response to “LOL ... That's cute. mine was the Ultimate...

she still loves it to this day (hehe)

symplycurious symplycurious

In response to “she still loves it to this day (hehe)

I stopped watching it a longtime ago.

SynysterGates SynysterGates

In response to “I stopped watching it a longtime ago.

same with me...guess I grew up, well sorta (hehe)

symplycurious symplycurious