Tim Tebow - remember him? - should've played in the CFL like Johnny Manziel is about to do... <em>eh</em>?

Chuck_TomSynysterGatesRoosterTanor_FauxZolfie

Bozette

DandyDonZolfieRoosterSynysterGates
Tim Tebow - remember him? - should've played in the CFL like Johnny Manziel is about to do... eh?

Explained by Chuck_Tom...

Instead of struggling in minor league baseball... smh

Not a bad idea, although now a days it's almost impossible to get drafted from the CFL to the NFL. It's not like the older days, the players are so much better now. Wouldn't mind having Tebow in Ottawa, we don't have a consistent QB.

SynysterGates SynysterGates

I guess if you're not hurting for money, you can pass the time however you chose to.

Johnny Manziel....not so much..

DandyDon DandyDon

SynysterGates SynysterGates

In response to “Not a bad idea, although now a days it's...

I thought the draft was just for non-Pros, turning pro? I didn't realize someone could already be a pro in the CFL and then get drafted.

I thought most of the CFL guys were already in the NFL draft and just didn't get selected (and/or failed to make the NFL roster).

Zolfie Zolfie

In response to “I thought the draft was just for non-Pros...

There's some truth to that. Many didn't make the cut in the NFL, so they chose to play the CFL.

But some were recruited from Canadian Universities to play in the CFL.
Not sure they'll ever make the NFL.

SynysterGates SynysterGates

In response to “There's some truth to that. Many didn't make...

I know the Packers have signed some of the UDFA from Canadian Universities... and they normally get fans excited for some reason. Though none (lately) have lasted two years, but there is still hope by some.

Zolfie Zolfie

One bad thing is : Manziel was pretty darn good and would have turned out to be a good Q-Back but he let partying and boozing ruin his career. Whereas Tebow was never nothing special. Time for him to walk away!
I hope Manziel can change his ways and show people just how good he is.

Rooster Rooster

In response to “One bad thing is : Manziel was pretty darn...

I agree.
I would like to see Manziel get his shit together and get back into the NFL.

If he had kept his nose clean, things would be going a lot better for him..right now.

DandyDon DandyDon

"Tebow was never nothing special." <- - - - !!!!!
That's near blasphemous!

I hope JM can, too. But I don't believe our small town is exciting enough for him to get into that much trouble.

Which reminds me (while we're discussing pretty darn good Q-backs): Have you ever seen a video of a healthy Joe Namath (in college) scrambling?

Chuck_Tom OP

Hey, at least John Cena could play baseball better than he wrestles! If Sad Cena is anything to go by..

Tanor_Faux Tanor_Faux

I think Tebow might of been able to stay in the NFL (and make a lot more money) if he was willing to switch positions. While money isn't everything, and playing a non-throwing position might not of been his dream, I think he would of been considered more successful.

Then again, his happiness is what matters. But I'll always wonder why he didn't give non-QB football position a good honest try.

Zolfie Zolfie

In response to “I think Tebow might of been able to stay in...

After all, for how many decades were African-American QBs right out of college never given the opportunity to play that position in the NFL but were usually relegated to positions like wide receiver? The Hall of Fame quarterback Warren Moon had to endure 5 years in the CFL (where he was a standout) before he "was allowed" to play in the NFL.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernie_Custis

Chuck_Tom OP

In response to “After all, for how many decades were...

um, what does that have to do with Tim Tebow?

I guess I'm missing the connection.

Zolfie Zolfie

In response to “um, what does that have to do with Tim...

Switching positions was what I was going after... I agree with you. Why couldn't Tebow have accepted a lesser position like the blacks were forced to do.

Chuck_Tom OP