Constantly being upbeat and cheerful is exhausting, but it sure beats having to answer "What's wrong?" repeatedly.

Explained by Vrendowl...

Just keeping a smile on through pain. Not letting the eyes even begin to gloss over to show the obvious signs of pain. And not talking about the pain to bring others down in the inner misery. Especially when the main goal is to always only lift up others and help them, not bring them down.

I agree! I hate it when people say that to me! Bugs the crap out of me.

Rooster Rooster

Ha ha ha... That is so true... While I try to put this sort of thing under the label of Don't Sweat the Small Stuff...it's grating...still, its' worth it.

I ask Is Everything ok? ...if I wonder about a friend...that's much better than What's wrong?

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow

I remember in high school, having our varsity cheerleading head coach as my first period math teacher... just being about the constant extremely upbeat and extremely cheerful so early in the morning was exhausting...

And then she'd repeatedly ask what's wrong? ...

It was the worse of both worlds... of course, we finally told her, and I don't think she liked our attitudes but it's not fun having someone attempt to force you to be peppy so dang early in the morning. But I think it got better once we talked about it... at least she stopped wonder and asking what was wrong.

Zolfie Zolfie