Kim is a dictator that uses prison camps, summary executions, torture, mass starvation, and state run media to control his people.  Kim is as bad as Stalin, Pol Pot, or Idi Amin ever were.  We elected someone to turn the corrupt US government around.  Instead he breaks bread with Kim.  Trump taking lessons, so he too can be "revered".  All government is corrupt.

Cowboy_BobLorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundredxatherastral_queenTomboyJanet

Tanor_FauxMazeJustJimColoSunny_the_skeptictrooperHope_PallytripplippSkylarPerkinsSynysterGatesThedudeyouhatetomeethootowl

Carla
Kim is a dictator that uses prison camps, summary executions, torture, mass starvation, and state run media to control his people. Kim is as bad as Stalin, Pol Pot, or Idi Amin ever were. We elected someone to turn the corrupt US government around. Instead he breaks bread with Kim. Trump taking lessons, so he too can be "revered". All government is corrupt.

What's the first step in changing anything? Establishing a dialogue. Decades of politicians burying their heads in the sand and just talking about it, is what allowed the current situation in N Korea to get to where it is today. I "hope" things work out for the best over there. Am I optimistic? No, I am reserved, waiting to see how it unfolds. One thing I will give Trump, is that he is trying to change things over there for the better. That's something no other president has done. If Kim denuclearizes the Korean peninsula, those who hate Trump will still **** about it and find something else to complain about.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

I really don't know what he has done sounds like a very nasty little man.

LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Trump says kim "loves his people". I reckon in the same manner as trump loves the united states' general public.

Carla Carla

That's the stupidest thing I've heard someone say all day, and I've been on YouTube chat.

Maze Maze

JustJimColo JustJimColo

In response to “What's the first step in changing anything?...

I have no problem with dialogue. That doesn't change the fact that all government is corrupt. Governments have one goal, to control their subjects. Trump sees Kim as smart guy who is "tough but loves his people." More important to Trump is that he thinks the Korean people love Kim. Maybe they do, many Americans love Trump. Government is always looking to control its citizen in the name of "love". All government is corrupt.

Cowboy_Bob Cowboy_Bob OP

In response to “I have no problem with dialogue. That...

I think Trump is wise to see Kim as a smart guy. The last thing any leader should do, is underestimate an adversary. I believe much of the NK population probably do like Kim. What else would they know? In any society, many people believe, what they are told to believe.
You keep saying that all government is corrupt. That's probably a true statement. I doubt if you'd ever find any government without some degree of corruption. (What's your solution to "government" then?)

JustJimColo JustJimColo

Establishing a dialogue is one thing, fawning over a brutal dictator, who has half of his country working in concentration camps, is something else.

Trump gave away the store without getting anything in return. He bungled it.

dru18 dru18

In response to “Establishing a dialogue is one thing, fawning...

What did he give away Dru? He didn't give anything away. Establishing a position of dominance isn't fawning Dru. Bowing in subservience and apologizing like his predecessor did is fawning.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

In response to “What did he give away Dru? He didn't give...

LMAO!! Except that he DIDN'T establish a position of dominance, quite the opposite.

dru18 dru18

In response to “LMAO!! Except that he DIDN'T establish a...

Only those on the extreme left think that way Dru.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

In response to “Only those on the extreme left think that way Dru.

No, Jim, there are people on the right who do not like how this was handled.

There was no reason for any American president to meet with Kim 'before' getting concessions from him.

dru18 dru18

Oh wise one, please explain in detail(with facts) to us DEPLORABLE peasants as to exactly WHAT President Trump "gave away" without getting anything in return??

Man you "progressive" liberals prove time and time again that you all do NOT care about ALL in our great country... you all only care about YOU ALL furthering your "progressive" agenda to FUNDAMENTALLY TRANSFORM the USA into your vision of AmeriKa.... where us peasants are FORCED to live in YOUR wicked smaaat academia minds vision of YOUR "tolerant" AmeriKa.

Gronk17 Gronk17

In response to “Oh wise one, please explain in detail(with...

What the hell are you even talking about, Gronk.

dru18 dru18

In response to “What the hell are you even talking about, Gronk.

Oh please you know damn well what I'm talking about... asking you what YOU CLAIM that President Trump gave away, as you claimed he did...eh but because you KNOW you can't answer that SIMPLE question with facts, you instead resort to feigning being confused as to what I'm even talking about, ugh smh.

Gronk17 Gronk17

In response to “Oh please you know damn well what I'm talking...

What did he give away, Gronk.

By standing on the same stage with Kim, he gave away an important leverage BEFORE he got any concessions.

His drooling over Kim was an embarrassment not to mention a slap in the face for all Americans who fought and died in the Korean War.

dru18 dru18

In response to “What did he give away, Gronk. By standing...

Oh please you liberals are certifiably nuts....when Trump called Kim Jung Ung "rocket man" you all, as well as our "msm" and our "progressive" politicians all went BALLISTALIC....claiming that Trump's '"mean" WORDS were going to cause WWIII/NUCLEAR WAR!!!..eh but as USUAL you supposed wicked smaaaat academia liberal NUTS, were WRONG, again.

Eh but you WICKED SMAAAAAT "intelligent" East/West coast liberal elites should just keep on being your authentic selves... with you all on the "progressive" left IGNORANTLY thinking that Trump supporters are ALL just old white men who are married to submissive wives who vote the way their husband's do and shop at Walmart.....PLEASE, PLEASE go with that rhetoric again!!!! #MAGA#TRUMP2020

Gronk17 Gronk17

In response to “Oh please you liberals are certifiably...

The tensions on both sides were rising. Maybe the average Trump voter who lives in the sticks may laugh at Trump's **** behavior, but NK wasn't.

Now of course Trump is fawning all over Kim, which of course is a slap in the face for all Americans who fought in that war.

Trump's "instincts" may have won him the Republican nomination but they suck on the world stage.

dru18 dru18

I see your point, breaking bread with a tyrant is not satisfactory but what other alternatives do you have? War? The minute the US takes military action against NK their big bro China is going to step in, I'm not saying they necessarily like NK either but I think they dont want the US gaining any more influence over there. War is too risky, you ruin people's lives all over even those who're not involved and in the end gain too little.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

In response to “I see your point, breaking bread with a...

All government is corrupt. Trump's behaviour makes clear his motive. He believes Kim is a tough and successful leader because he believed that Kim is adored by his people. That's what every politician wants. All government is corrupt.

Cowboy_Bob Cowboy_Bob OP

In response to “All government is corrupt. Trump's behaviour...

I disagree, no one thinks Kim is adored by his people, especially Trump. Put a gun to my family's heads and I will adore you too if that's the case. This has nothing to do with corruption.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

" Trump's behaviour makes clear his motive. "

Oh Bob, please share this wisdom!

Budwick Budwick

In response to “" Trump's behaviour makes clear his...

Trump admires and envies dictators. He does not believe in democracy. It's really that simple.

Cowboy_Bob Cowboy_Bob OP

In response to “Trump admires and envies dictators. He does...

That's your take away from meeting with North Korea for the purpose of de nuking a terrorist regime?

Further, was the head injury you have obviously experienced recent?

Budwick Budwick

In response to “That's your take away from meeting with North...

If you cannot see that the man we elected to clean up the government has instead worked hard to legitimize overreaching authority then perhaps it is you who needs a noggin check.

Cowboy_Bob Cowboy_Bob OP

In response to “If you cannot see that the man we elected to...

Thank you for that free psychiatric examination.

I believe this is the point where you tell me to 'phuck off you feckless __ (fill in the blank to make it original). Cuz that's how anti-Trumpers get attention these days! No new ideas, just hate.

Budwick Budwick

You mean 'Trump admires and envies dictators' like Obama did, bowing to foreign leaders, giving away the 'store' to Iran, kissing up to the Cuban dictator and getting NOTHING in return? I think you are calling the wrong president a dictator lover!

Seonag Seonag

You sadly haven't a freakin' clue that politically IGNORANT comments like yours of... "Trump admires and envies dictators" is one of many reasons WHY he will easily be re-elected for a 2nd term as our CIC.

Eh but keep on being you.... and while you're just being YOU on social media, PLEASE, PLEASE also CALL TO ARMS for your celebrity liberals to step it up to use their celebrity ala Lebron James, Barbra Streisand, Rosie O'Donnell, Kathy Griffen, Alyssa Milano, Robert Deniro, Jim Carrey et al...... to help you all push forth that supposed BLUE WAVE coming this November in the mid term elections lol!!!

Gronk17 Gronk17

President Trump does not think that Kim Jung Ung is a "tough and successful leader"...President Trump as a master of negotiating is CLEARLY/OBVIOUSLY purposely rubbing this nutty dictator's EGO via our media by praising him...to get this 34 year old DICTATOR to agree to Trump's terms.

How is this not clearly OBVIOUS to the wicked SMAAAT intellects complaining about President Trump "praising" Kim Jung Ung??

Gronk17 Gronk17

In response to “President Trump does not think that Kim Jung...

Cowboy_Bob Cowboy_Bob OP

You are confused - that is Obama who admires, envies and bows down to dictators.

Seonag Seonag

Oh man, unbeknownst to you and your ilk, politically ignorant comments like yours being an ILL INFORMED troll on social media, only further PROVES time and time again, that liberalism IS A MENTAL DISORDER.

Gronk17 Gronk17

Cowboy.... the USA is NOTa Democracy, our country is a REPUBLIC....there's a HUGE difference pal.

"I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the REPUBLIC for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Eh but you politically ignorant nuts on the "progressive" left only HEAR or SEE the word REPUBLIC, thus you all ignorantly assuming REPUBLIC means REPUBLICAN, smh....yet you all still wonder and ponder as to WHY Trump won over the supposed MOST QUALIFIED person EVER(Hillary freakin' Clinton) to run for office to be our county's CIC! lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gronk17 Gronk17

Our country's "msm" has been exposed as being so blatantly biased..yet they don't care because they live in their own liberal bubble of only conversing with their WICKED SMAAAAT "intellectual" comrades, thus why they IGNORANTLY double down on their 24/7 constant negative reporting of President Trump...even during a POSITIVE historic moment with our country's non-politician President....who brilliantly and cleverly manipulated a 34 year old, naïve DICTATOR who President Trump KNEW was obsessed with America's POP culture to agree to HIS terms, simply by showing him a 4 minute video of what life COULD be like if he agreed to TRUMPS terms.

But nope, our "wicked smaaaaat" liberal media (who are dumber than a stump) report to their viewers that President was taken advantage of by Kim Jung Ung....just like how they reported to their viewers that Hillary Clinton was a given to be our next CIC based on THEIR polling lol!!!!

Gronk17 Gronk17

In response to “Our country's "msm" has been exposed...

Cowboy_Bob Cowboy_Bob OP

The USA is a Republic, NOT a Democracy...there's a huge difference. You liberals would know that FACT and the differences and as to why our FOUNDING FATHERS declared their new country as a REPUBLIC not a Democracy... had you paid attention during your 8th grade US History class, you'd all know this FACT, and wouldn't be on social media making FOOLS out of our yourselves claiming the USA is a Democracy.

Gronk17 Gronk17

In response to “The USA is a Republic, NOT a...

I am not a liberal. I am an anarchist. Pay attention.

Cowboy_Bob Cowboy_Bob OP

In response to “I am not a liberal. I am an anarchist. Pay...

Hmmmm me thinks(lol) that you do not know nor understand the meaning of what being an Anarchist means lol! Eh but please, PLEASE keep on being your authentic self.
#MAGA#TRUMP2020

Gronk17 Gronk17

If you've seen the video Trump showed Kim about how his country could become prosperous if he denuclearizes, don't be surprised if Trump is setting Kim up for rights to build Trump Tower North Korea and golf courses.

Linnster Linnster

In response to “If you've seen the video Trump showed Kim...

That was my first thought too, Linn. Trump Tower North Korea, Trump Tower Putin.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

So? How will that harm America, North Korea or it's citizens?

SkylarPerkins SkylarPerkins

In response to “So? How will that harm America, North Korea...

I don't believe I said it harmed anyone. I said it was an unabashed attempt to further Trump's business. He was not elected to conduct personal business on America's time or dime.

Linnster Linnster

In response to “I don't believe I said it harmed anyone. I...

So the answer is, it doesn't harm anyone. It's a win/win.
Also, he hasn't "conducted personal business on America's time or dime", has he? Answer: no.

Just another speculative, hate filled, sour grapes bitchfest.

SkylarPerkins SkylarPerkins

In response to “So the //answer// is, it doesn't harm...

Every time he invites a visiting head of state to his Mar-A-Lago retreat, he does business on America's dime. Come out from under your rock. Better yet, stay there and try not responding to my comments. We'll both be happier that way.

Linnster Linnster

In response to “Every time he invites a visiting head of...

"Head of State"?? If it's a head of state, that means he is doing AMERICA'S business. LOLZ!! He is already declining his presidential paycheck. Now you want him to pay to conduct America's business. LOL LOL LOLOLOZZZ!!
Again, just another speculative, hate filled, sour grapes bitchfest.
Awww, too hot in the fire? You want me to leave you alone? Then you can **** and whine that I blocked you. So typical.

SkylarPerkins SkylarPerkins

In response to “"Head of State"?? If it's a head of...

Camp David is set up for visiting heads of state. Too bad it isn't sufficiently gilt laden for Trump to take his guests there.

He gives back $450,000 in salary and it costs millions for his golf trips. I didn't fall off a turnip truck last night, so pleas don't try and sell me that crap. You don't have to block me to leave me alone. On the other hand, if you do block me, I can guarantee you that I won't she one crocodile tear.

Linnster Linnster

In response to “Camp David is set up for visiting heads of...

WRONG!, Camp David is a RETREAT for the President.
Trump has a better place that hasn't been saturated with Bill Clinton's DNA swimming around in the upholstery, carpets, and drapes. What are you, 80? You sound like my great grandmother, complaining about everything.
Prove that it costs America millions, or is your hatred allowing you to believe what you "hear". How do you know Trump isn't footing the bill? Are you his accountant?
And if it is costing millions, so what? Would you rather have nuclear war? Instead of hating and crying, , next time nominate someone who isn't a lying, murdering, racketeering, cheating scoundrel.

SkylarPerkins SkylarPerkins

In response to “WRONG!, Camp David is a RETREAT **__for the...

I would respond, but clearly you don't want to hear anything other than the echo of your own voice, so I'll leave you to your self-satisfying.

Linnster Linnster

In response to “I would respond, but clearly you don't want...

Translation: "I would respond, if I had a response"

lolz

SkylarPerkins SkylarPerkins

And just another hypocritical right wing moron trying to spin Trump's bumbling of the NK summit.

dru18 dru18

In response to “And just another hypocritical right wing...

and doing a good job of it too, with the truth. lol lol lolz

SkylarPerkins SkylarPerkins

And you are only dreaming that he has!

Suspicion without evidence - the new guilty

Budwick Budwick

You nailed it Bob. The Republicans had a hissy fit when Obama suggested he meet with the North Koreans, but now that Trump has done it, it's great according to them. Sounds like Trump is giving away a lot more than we are getting. Trump will do anything to look good, whether it hurts America or not.

Sucks up to a dictator who kills his people, starves them, and even kills his own family. One of the most evil dictators of our time, but badmouths our great Canadian friends and other allies.

And is still sucking up to Putin. I hope Putin doesn't want Alaska or Trump will be giving that to him as well.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

And we've been "best buds" with China for years, and they do all of those things and worse. It's got nothing to do with Trump.

trooper trooper

"Kim is blah, blah, blah..."

So? Are you suggesting that because of the things he is and has done we shouldn't try to effect change? I didn't peg you as one enamored of the status quo.

"We elected someone to turn the corrupt US government around."

Yup. Did you expect he could reverse 240 years of exponentially increasing and cumulative corruption in a year and a half?

Whether he's actually trying or not is debatable, but only time and results will tell. In the meantime, we aren't privy to all that he is or to his reasoning for everything he does.

"Instead he breaks bread with Kim."

And your preference is the status quo or military action? Or perhaps you prefer the nuclear option?

"Trump taking lessons, so he too can be 'revered'."

Trump is many things, but he's not stupid. He knows that while he may have some passionate supporters, very few Americans "revere" him, and even fewer foreigners.

"All government is corrupt."

Yup. Hate to break it to you, but most people want a government of some size and sort. Everyone is simply not about to rise up in anarchy. And even if they did, new governments would arise...and become corrupt...and compete for dominance...i.e. we would end up right back where we started.

Bozette Bozette

Yep, North Korea has been a rat hole for over 50 years now.
Bad place, rotten leadership.
And doing what previous presidents have done for that time have only made things worse and worse. Those bitching today are the same ones that were bitching about how Trump was going to start a nuclear war wit Lil Rocket Man. Now, they're talking about taking all his nuclear shit away from him.

Explain to me please how this isn't just sour grapes from the left.

True no weapons have been removed as yet. And maybe Lil Rocket Man is just a slippery as his old man and grandfather. If so, we'll deal with it then. Until then, I see the meeting as historic, a great move forward. The fact that it took a non-politician to make it happen is equally interesting to me.

Budwick Budwick

In response to “Yep, North Korea has been a rat hole for over...

This is about the perpetuation of corrupt governments for the sole purpose of controlling citizens and luting the tax roles. Government is generally just a bad idea, but big government is a worse idea. Trump is no better than Obama taking his executive powers too far. When Trump drools over how "tough" Kim is and how "smart" he is, you know he is taking how-to lessons to further his own power.

Cowboy_Bob Cowboy_Bob OP

In response to “This is about the perpetuation of corrupt...

Oh man, you sadly do not have a freakin' clue about US History, World History nor have any knowledge of FACTS about current events...thus WHY the Democrat party of today USES you politically ILL INFORMED/History challenged idiots to be USED as their USEFUL IDIOTS to spew/spread their "progressive" PROPAGANDA on their behalf...because they KNOW you all are dumb as a stump.

Gronk17 Gronk17

Trump gave away the store without getting ANYTHING back in return.

This is one of the most brutal dictators there is and now he is Trump's new buddy.

dru18 dru18

In response to “Trump gave away the store without getting...

He 'gave' cessation of war games not scheduled for more than a year from now - which can just as easily put back on the books or moved to another location.

The world got an opportunity to get North Korea talking peace and denuking. That opportunity hasn't existed since the Korean War ended.

Tell me Dru, did you like the 'Little Rocket Man' talk and Kim's threats to blow up the west coast better than talking peace?

Budwick Budwick

In response to “He 'gave' cessation of war games not...

Trump started that crap and now Trump finally corrected the shit that HE started. But as usual with you Trump fans, black is white and up is really down.

dru18 dru18

In response to “Trump started that crap and now Trump finally...

Really?
Trump fired missiles over Japan out of Korea?
Trump built North Korea's nuclear arsenal?

Dru, you are entitled to your own opinion.
You are NOT entitled to your own facts.

Budwick Budwick

In response to “Really? Trump fired missiles over Japan out...

Trump ratcheted up the rhetoric, Budwick, so stop acting stupid.

dru18 dru18

In response to “http://data.amirite.net/user_images/5b290f352e4...

Oh so you think "Little Rocket Man, furry like the world has never known, (and my favorite), my button is bigger than yours" was this country's finest hour? Figures.

dru18 dru18

In response to “Oh so you think "Little Rocket Man, furry...

Yeah Dru - that's exactly what I said.
[not]

Budwick Budwick

I'm confused. is Trump evil for calming down North Korea and preventing a nuclear war?!

Remember, just a few months ago, North Korea wanted to fire off missiles at surrounding countries, and the USA. Would you rather have that?

Thedudeyouhatetomeet Thedudeyouhatetomeet

In response to “I'm confused. is Trump evil for calming down...

Yeah, it was ready to fire off missiles, thanks to Trump's rhetoric!

dru18 dru18

In response to “Yeah, it was ready to fire off missiles...

North Korea has been making threats for decades. Remember Kim Jong Il? He was worse than Un. Some people just have very short memories.

I'm just happy that the threat of nuclear war has been prevented.... but if you want, you can continue to throw your little temper tantrums.

In response to “North Korea has been making threats for...

Nuclear war has been prevented?? LMAO!! If you think that Kim is going to back down and get rid of his arsenal, than please go out, and buy a bridge.

dru18 dru18

Trump is a dangerous idiot whose days in office are numbered.

He acts like a big man as he insults Trudeau,( safely from his airplane) but practically kisses the **** of one of America's greatest foes.

And yes, Teflon Don, somethings will stick.

dru18 dru18

Pathetic question...Trump has done better than any president before him and because he appears to pamper him, means nothing..he has got the one of the worlds most dangerous men to the table and that only happened because he was frightened of Trump...this is a giant leap to world peace...fantastic..

JD JD

Our closest allies were once our most bitter enemies.Why don't you Liberal's research before you open your mouth and condem President Trump for trying to make peace.You people sound like IDIOT'S.

hootowl hootowl

In response to “Our closest allies were once our most bitter...

Canada was once our most bitter enemy? And by all means, lets go back over two hundred years to find some dirt on England and France.

dru18 dru18

Budwick, I saw your most recent response to me, but it was under a group of comments with a member who has since blocked me, so I am unable to respond there.

Suffice it to say that I don't believe Trump has made any real deal with North Korea as yet. Whatever he and Kim signed is ****-binding as it should be because it doesn't set forth anything of substance.

Linnster Linnster

In response to “Budwick, I saw your most recent response to...

It was a preliminary agreement, Linn. It marks the beginning of negotiations. No final and binding agreement or treaty is ever arrived at in the first meeting.

Bozette Bozette

In response to “It was a //preliminary// agreement, Linn. It...

I'm well aware of that, which is why I'm so irritated about Trump's talking about it as though it's a done deal, all hashed out and approved by Congress.

Linnster Linnster

In response to “I'm well aware of that, which is why I'm so...

I actually heard him say that it might not work, but that it was a start and hopefully good things would come from it.

Bozette Bozette

In response to “I actually heard him say that it might not...

He did say that and he also said if it didn't, he'd find an excuse.

"“I may be wrong,” Trump said during a news conference after the meeting. “I may stand before you in six months and say, ‘Hey, I was wrong.' ”

“I don’t know that I’ll ever admit that, but I’ll find some kind of an excuse,” Trump added with a smile."

Linnster Linnster

In response to “He did say that and he also said if it...

HA HA HA, that's Trump!

Bozette Bozette

In response to “HA HA HA, that's Trump!

Unfortunately, it is Trump.

Linnster Linnster