ProdigalSonVicZincastral_queenSofiaSukiesnowtrooper

Arachnia

VicZincPiper2Will_JanitorArachnia
President Trump said on Friday that he wants "his people" to listen to him like North Korean leader Kim Jong Un's people listen to him. "He’s the head of a country. And I mean, he is the strong head," Trump said of Kim in remarks from the White House north lawn to "Fox & Friends." "Don’t let anyone think anything different. He speaks and his people sit up at attention. I want my people to do the same," Trump said.

Explained by ProdigalSon...

I give it another 6 months and he'll be signing a bill that requires us to display a picture of him in our homes.

Explained by ProdigalSon...

Today is June 15, so that would make it December 15 that YOU say he will be signing this bill. It's calendared on my cell phone and the post is screen copied. Your credibility is on the line.

Arachnia Arachnia

Explained by ProdigalSon...

Arachnia Arachnia

In response to “Explained by ProdigalSon... //I give it...

I didn't exactly say who "he" was though did I? This will be easy enough to legitimize.

ProdigalSon ProdigalSon OP

In response to “I didn't exactly say who "he" was...

LOL!! I laughed at the explanation, it WAS genuinely funny. Would be even funnier if he actually did it, however, I also copied the header which plainly identifies Trump as "he".

I'll be back in December (wink)

Arachnia Arachnia

In response to “LOL!! I laughed at the explanation, it WAS...

The header is a direct quote from the article in the link that I shared. Nowhere in my own explanation did I mention Trump's name. You can't take words at face value in one thought and then make assumptions in the next thought. What a dangerous contradiction.

You better have a Christmas present for me when you get back. How about a framed portrait of Trump I can hang in my home?

ProdigalSon ProdigalSon OP

In response to “The header is a direct quote from the article...

See youuuu, in De CEEEmmmm ber... see youuuu, when the Autumn 's throughhhh...
https://youtu.be/LMUTG4DV9U8

Arachnia Arachnia

In response to “See youuuu, in De CEEEmmmm ber... see youuuu...

Ugh, I hate those whiny sounding songs, lol

ProdigalSon ProdigalSon OP

no worries, Jamie, you have friends too. EP brigade lol lol

Hope_Pally Hope_Pally

Saying you want people to treat you like a suppressed country treats their dictator...

Sofia Sofia

In response to “Saying you want people to treat you like a...

I just hope we never reach the point of state run television because Trump's supporters for the most part have the most god awful taste in television and movies.

ProdigalSon ProdigalSon OP

In response to “I just hope we never reach the point of state...

That's pretty presumptuous of you.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

In response to “That's pretty presumptuous of you.

Admit it...you're a fan of Melissa McCarthy and Kevin James' movies aren't you?

ProdigalSon ProdigalSon OP

In response to “Admit it...you're a fan of Melissa McCarthy...

I don't know who those people are.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

In response to “I don't know who those people are.

Mmmhmmmmm

ProdigalSon ProdigalSon OP

I don't watch many new shows. I watch Game of Thrones, Into the Badlands, a few things on Discovery and the History channel. Now and then I'll watch old series like Star Trek. (Do you dislike those shows?)

JustJimColo JustJimColo

In response to “I don't watch many new shows. I watch Game of...

No those are some good shows....and my comment was a sarcastic one so please don't take it seriously.

ProdigalSon ProdigalSon OP

In response to “No those are some good shows....and my...

I take very little on the internet seriously. :)

JustJimColo JustJimColo

WTF! Wake up you trumpets - get a freaking clue!

VicZinc VicZinc

In response to “WTF! Wake up you trumpets - get a freaking clue!

Lol, he did come out after the fact and say he was just being sarcastic. You know how fun it can be to make jokes about being a dictator right?

ProdigalSon ProdigalSon OP

In response to “Ok, //just// for you, Vic...

Thanks

VicZinc VicZinc

In response to “Thanks

Anytime. (biggrin)

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

Yes, I'm sure Trump would love for everyone in the country to lay down and roll over at his command not to mention sit, stay and play dead.

Linnster Linnster

He already has his wish, the Trumpettes already sit up at attention with every tweet or utterance from Trump. It's the 70% of the rest of the country who will never even show the guy much respect.

Flrdsgns Flrdsgns

You might have left a little bit of the story out, but Trump should know by now that anything he says will be taken in the worst possible way. Plus, he doesn't do sarcasm well at all.

"I was kidding," he said. "You don't understand sarcasm."

This does remind me of how the right would look at Obama's comments and the fear of losing gun rights, and FEMA camps, and becoming a dictator. There really is not much difference except the news networks just switched sides.

Our loss of privacy started with Bush, continued with Obama, and is still going on with Trump. People love to cry chicken little, but I didn't find it useful before and I still don't. JMHO

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

In response to “You might have left a little bit of the story...

The article has been edited since I shared it this morning since Trump gave his presser later this morning and stated that he was kidding. But even before he said that I wasn't taking his comments seriously...just more surprised than anything at his choice in topics when it comes to kidding around, lol. Like you said if a Democrat mentioned taking away everyone's guns and then said "just kidding" it'd be just as equal a dramatic overreaction.

ProdigalSon ProdigalSon OP

In response to “The article has been edited since I shared it...

I agree. Remember when Holder said, "We are a nation of cowards." ? Heads were exploding all over the place. Not that I think much of Eric, but that was ridiculous.

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

BREAKING NEWS: EXPLODING HEADS AS TRUMP WITH LEFTISTS

HA HA HA!

Everything Trump does is spun to the worst possible scenario by leftists. Everything he says, does, or Tweets has everyone up in arms and running around declaring "THE SKY IS FALLING!" It has been ongoing since he took office, before really, and after a year and a half of it, I gotta tell ya...I'm just going to sit back and watch the show. (biggrin)

Bozette Bozette

In response to “**BREAKING NEWS: EXPLODING HEADS AS TRUMP...

Lol like Will and I were discussing above..imagine if Obama had come out and said on Day 1...."I plan to take all your guns!!!.............just kidding". The reaction from the right would be no different. Right wing and left wing extremists alike have very easy heads to explode.

ProdigalSon ProdigalSon OP

In response to “Lol like Will and I were discussing...

"Right wing and left wing extremists alike have very easy heads to explode."

That's true.

You must admit, though, that the left has been particularly...excitable with this particular president...and he does seem to enjoy stirring them up.

Bozette Bozette

In response to “//"Right wing and left wing extremists...

Well it has been more excitable because of the man that is President. I don't think Obama received any less hate from the right than Trump does from the left. Like you pretty much said though...Trump is a bit of a troll and he knows how to stir up the masses. I don't see it ever dying down either. I honestly think the 2020 election is going to be ten times the circus that it was in 2016.

ProdigalSon ProdigalSon OP

In response to “Well it has been more excitable because of...

Yes...and no.

Obama may not have been hated less, though I believe that to be debatable, but he was far more accepted as president, albeit reluctantly. Certainly there were the birthers who never accepted him and actively sought to prove him illegitimate. Those were a minority, however. There were many who did, may still, believe that, but reluctantly accepted he was president nonetheless. They didn't protest, riot, scream at the sky, or repeatedly and openly call for Obama's assassination as has happened with Trump. Nor did the vast majority of the media constantly dog every move Obama made.

Trump is unlike any president we have ever had. He is not "presidential" in that he is not PC, he's prone to hyperbole, and when attacked, he attacks back.

Combined that pretty much guarantees it won't die down as long as he is president.

Bozette Bozette

It was clear long before Trump hailed Kim Jong Un and saluted a North Korean general that he'd love to be dictator of the United States.

VicZinc VicZinc

In response to “It was clear long before Trump hailed Kim...

Dictator?  Heck, he no more wants to be dictator than Obama wanted to be a Greek god. (biggrin)

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

In response to “Dictator?  Heck, he no more wants to be...

I'll bet O did!. I will bet that 1/2 the people on this site want to be dictator.

Wanting to be and trying in earnest to be - two different things. The writing is on the wall.

VicZinc VicZinc

In response to “I'll bet O did!. I will bet that 1/2 the...

Daniel said the handwriting on the wall was all about politics and whose ox was being gored. (biggrin)

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

In response to “Daniel said the handwriting on the wall was...

No, he said those who blaspheme will have their kingdom divided among the persians. Mene.

VicZinc VicZinc

Ah, yes. The standard Trump excuse when there's blowback. "It was sarcasm."

Sure it was.
Is there any doubt Trump wants to be dictator?

urwutuis urwutuis

In response to “Ah, yes. The standard Trump excuse when...

None whatsoever.

VicZinc VicZinc