WonderMan

DWFDandyDonSunny_the_skepticastral_queenBudwickMasha

DandyDonMashaRooster
Einstein said in his diary that Indians are genetically inferior. I am an Indian and some what agree with that yes. are you agree or disagree?

If you think of yourself as inferior, you will behave as if you are inferior.

Linnster Linnster

No, of course not. "Genetic inferiority" of races is not supported by science.

But that doesn't mean I agree with trashing Einstein. The BS he wrote in his diary does not negate his status as one of humanity's great thinkers.

Logan Logan

If you believe it....you will be.

DandyDon DandyDon

In response to “If you believe it....you will be.

it is not about belief but science and biology.

WonderMan WonderMan OP

In response to “it is not about belief but science and biology.

It is all about belief.

If you don't believe in yourself, you gave up without even starting.

There are plenty of Indians that have accomplished great things.

They didn't do those things by having a mindset of them being inferior..

You can dwell on the positive or negative.
That choice is up to you..

DandyDon DandyDon

by de way do you know anyone here from India?

WonderMan WonderMan OP

A) What does that even mean? B) Humanity isn't actually that genetically diverse, race is more of a social construct than indicative of anything.

DWF DWF

In what regard? Are Indians biologically less adaptive to their environment? Because I don't see otherwise how they could be genetically inferior.
On the other hand India is an interesting mix, in part it's a developed and a culturally rich nation in other parts it's deplorable.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

Linnster Linnster

Even Einstein was human, which means he was wrong from time to time. This is one of them.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson

Either Einstein got it wrong or, ... sit down for a shocker, or maybe it's been misreported / taken out of context. He also said this -

Budwick Budwick

Interesting and of course, I looked it up. Looks like Einstein believed the environment for Indians wasn’t very stimulating to their imaginations and left them caught up thinking in a box.

I’m an Indian and I believe ‘No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.’’- Eleanor Roosevelt.

[msn.com...]
“[Einstein] also believes that 'the climate prevents them from thinking backward or forward by more than a quarter of an hour', an attitude that reveals both Einstein's belief in geographical determinism and in the Indians' alleged intellectual inferiority," Rosenkranz writes.

ZaraZooper ZaraZooper

Beats me.

trooper trooper

No, I do not think race dictates genetic inferiority / superiority and honestly, I'm not even sure that "Indian" is a race.

ForkNdaRoad ForkNdaRoad

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

Masha Masha

That statement is meaningless. Besides being meaningless, it was made at a time when nobody knew anything about genetics, and even now when we know more it would still be meaningless.

It is very common for people who earn fame in one field to assume that their opinion in another field is also worth something. Entertainers do it a lot, but the people who carry it to extremes are the politicians.

that_guy that_guy