DWFVrendowlastral_queenTanor_FauxVicZincxatherLoganhootowlOscarkibetMashaTrishmeisge

trooperDiego

astral_queenLoganVicZincPiper2xather
Forcibly separating children from their parents is monstrous, no matter where they come from

Agreed. ABORTION is MONSTROUS!!

tripplipp

I agree. However, the alternative is to jail the child(ren) with the parent(s) if they are here illegally. Not sure how good an idea that is either. I understand that immigrants must follow the laws of this country and I support that. However, those seeking asylum are in a bit of a different category. What bothers me is that there are cases where the asylum seeker(s) were told by officials to present themselves at an immigration center to apply for asylum, but when they got there, before they could make application, their children were removed from them and the parent(s) were arrested. This is not what America stands for and I am appalled that this is being allowed to happen.

Linnster Linnster

Strange that it's coming from within the same camp that blames parental abandonment for the majority of societal woes... And no, it doesn't have to happen.

I don't think govt. has the authority to restrict travel and purely voluntary exchange, it's outrageous for a capitalist to suggest otherwise. And it doesn't make us safer.

Our time is better spent pursuing actual criminals.

ForkNdaRoad ForkNdaRoad

Agreed. ABORTION is MONSTROUS!!

tripplipp

In response to “Agreed. **ABORTION** is MONSTROUS!!

This is about what's happening at the border

DWF DWF OP

In response to “This is about what's happening at the border

What's the difference, other than in one scenario , the child winds up dead.

tripplipp

The problem with knee-jerk reactions, such as people are demanding due to the hyped reports of "babies being torn from their mother's breasts" is that often facts are skewed, omitted, or outright falsified. I would bet there is not a single outraged Amiriter who knows exactly what the **** has been occurring with migrants with children at the border beyond isolated stories that pop up in the news and, as is currently the case, are being used and abused to play partisan politics by politicians and the media, as well as those opposed to Trump.

The media is not telling you the whole story (surprise, surprise). Immigration laws and policies are complex. There are often multiple agencies involved. There are not adequate tracking procedures in place. What many are calling for today because of "Trump's inhumane policy" are precisely what the Obama administration was taken to court over in 2015.

Bottom line folks:

Border or no border?

If you want a border without unlimited immigration, the laws need massive reform.

Within that reform must be real accountability for illegally entering the country...otherwise you essentially have no border.

That includes parents with children. Not holding parents with children accountable leads to children being put in dangerous situations, because if people know parents with children will not be held accountable they end up putting themselves and their children at risk to cross; if they don't get caught, to stay they often will not report abuse or crimes fearing deportation; people often (admittedly) use children not their own to come here...which may put these children in danger, parents may "loan" their kids to others to help them get through...ditto, some allow their children to be used for gain of some sort...ditto; other children are victims of abduction and trafficking as a direct result of such a policy.

The media is good at pulling heartstrings, but doing so may actually endanger more children than it helps. I know everyone's heart is in the right place...it's your heads that aren't. Set aside your political bias, research the facts for yourself, don't take every heart-rending news report at face value, realize there are heartbreaking tales you don't hear about that are caused by the very "fixes" many are demanding right now. And recognize, too, that non-profit immigration organizations aren't looking for true solutions unless they virtually amount to open borders, which isn't to say they don't do worthy things, but that they, too, are biased and skewing reports toward their end goals.

In the past three months ~50,000 illegals were caught per month, which means possibly 50,000 got through without getting caught, or roughly 600,000 per year.

That doesn't include legal requests for amnesty. Of the cases *decided* last year, 60,000 that showed up were denied and deported, another 40,000 received deportation rulings in absentia, many, if not most, of whom are still here.

That doesn't include the estimated 11-20 million already here.

That doesn't include people who overstay their visas or come to visit and never leave.

That doesn't include other amnesty seekers.

That doesn't include legal immigrants.

So push your knees down folks. If you're going to demand action, then know what you're talking about. Research the facts and history using multiple and varied sources. Consider what unintended consequences may result from well-intentioned laws, policies, demands.

If children are hurt as the result of well-intentioned efforts...they are no less damaged. Just sayin'.

As always...JMHO

Bozette Bozette

When American person breaks the law and goes to prison, they're also separated from their children... so should ALL prisoners (including the American's) be allowed to stay with their children? Should the Children go to prison with them? Or should we not put parents in prison?

There are many questions to answer with this...

I'm more upset that they're splitting the children up, if they're not all the same ****. I believe the siblings should be allowed to stay together since their parents aren't there... maybe have a place for boys, girls and 3rd place for siblings with both sexes (depending on how many there are)

Zolfie Zolfie

In response to “When American person breaks the law and goes...

That's a really arbitrary thing to fixate on imho

DWF DWF OP

In response to “That's a really arbitrary thing to fixate on imho

Yes it's personal choice.. or personal feelings. But if I lot my parents, I would at minimum I would like to stay with my siblings. Looking at it from the perceptive of the children.

But back to the main issue. If we do it do Americans in America, then why should it be any different for others? Why should someone get special treatment?

Zolfie Zolfie

In response to “Yes it's personal choice.. or personal...

I was talking about the gender thing

DWF DWF OP

In response to “I was talking about the gender thing

But what about it?

All I'm saying, is I believe the siblings should be allowed to stay together. As of right now they're taking all the boys to some location and all the girls to a different location. So it politically splits up brothers and sisters.

Zolfie Zolfie

DWF DWF OP

In response to “Nevermind

I'm sorry I didn't understand.

Zolfie Zolfie

It seems logical you can't put the children in detention centres with their parents and it's obviously only until the authorities sort out what is happening to the illegal parents...

JD JD

In response to “It seems logical you can't put the children...

Your idea makes sense except for the fact that there are no family detention centers. The parents are taken to prisons. Can't have kids in a prison. There are people talking about setting up something like that - but they don't want to make it too cushy either. They don't want to encourage more illegal immigrants coming like this.

Budwick Budwick

In response to “Your idea makes sense except for the fact...

I never said there were family detention centres, just that the reason the kids are separated , is because they can't put kids into prison with their parents...if anyone goes to prison for any crime they are separated from their kids....

JD JD

In response to “I never said there were family detention...

Easy JD, I'm agreeing with you, not arguing.
And, after re-reading your initial comment, I see my response to you was stupid.
Sorry, you were on target the first time.

Budwick Budwick

In response to “Easy JD, I'm agreeing with you, not...

I was not arguing, just thought you misread what I said...no need for sorry...

JD JD

"It's for the kids" is one of the loudest and most heart wrenching cries to get change to come about, in history. I am so tired of these people using kids for their own objectives that I personally hope the people who do this rot in hell.
If you care about your kids, come to America according to the rules of the country. If not, then be prepared for the consequences.
I know many, many immigrants and they are disgusted with how the kids are being used.

ozzyboy ozzyboy

In response to “"It's for the kids" is one of the...

More than what's actually happening to them?

DWF DWF OP

In response to “More than what's actually happening to them?

Yes. The kids are being used. Bozette explained it much better than my meager words. Please read her explanation.

ozzyboy ozzyboy

In response to “Yes. The kids are being used. Bozette...

Thank you, Ozzy.

Bozette Bozette

Mom and Dad could have turned around instead of crossing the border.

One thing for sure, I would use another travel agent next time!

Come on lefties. You know you can't put those kids in prison with mom and dad. We don't even know for sure if the kids are with mom and dad.

These folks purposefully overwhelmed the system. They and their sponsors (I'm betting well connected to democrats) used the children as pawns. Just like when terrorists store munitions in hospitals and have meetings in schools. And the parents are unwitting fools for the most part I'm guessing.

Just when you think the left can't possibly sink any lower - stuff like this happens. And poor Kathy Griffin can't seem to get enough attention with all this going on!

Budwick Budwick

ICE is a Fascist organization created in the aftermath 9/11 and needs to be de-funded. It treats immigrants like animals and it's main use is separating families. ICE was even worse under Obama who deported more people in his first year than the Trump admin.

Organizations like this are not compatible with democracy or human rights. Being under the auspices of DHS means all immigrants are treated as terrorists.
That's **** up. This is just another federal police force that only divides the country more. ICE are the real terrorists

urwutuis urwutuis

In response to “ICE is a Fascist organization created in the...

No. ICE deals with illegal immigrants, not immigrants. ICE doesn't give a rat's **** about someone who entered the country legally and is on their way to becoming a citizen.

It treats illegal immigrants like criminals, which is what they are.
Be happy that it does so, some countries would jail them for 5 years of hard labor (or worse).
____________
My opinion on the subject: Eject them from the country the instant they are found. No holding facility, no hot meal, no comfy pillow.
Straight onto a bus and back you go.
Heartless? Nope. Cruel? Nope. Inhumane? Nope. We have the most lax immigration policy of any country in the world, if you're too lazy to stand in a line and fill out some paperwork and wait your turn, then we don't want you. And I certainly don't think you should be receiving any type of benefits when the people that DO stand in line, fill out paperwork, and wait; don't get any.

trooper trooper

In response to “No. ICE deals with //illegal// immigrants...

Why? Illegal immigration when not accompanied by another crime is legally a misdemeanor

DWF DWF OP

In response to “Why? Illegal immigration when not accompanied...

Cause I’m an old meany.

trooper trooper

A lot of parents sent their kids alone to cross the border.Evidently they don't care about their own kids.

hootowl hootowl

Why do the parents brake the law?If they threw the kids in jail with them.You would still have something to say.

hootowl hootowl

THIS HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR YRS.WHY THE OUT CRY NOW? What do you think they do with American kids when their parents are arrested.

hootowl hootowl