It just never ends, does it???

ForkNdaRoadPiper2RoosterCarlaZolfieazlottoVicZincSukiesnowWill_JanitortrooperStarzAbove

Nobody :)

Piper2ZolfieWill_JanitorSukiesnowazlottoCarlaRoosterSynysterGates
It just never ends, does it???

Explained by ForkNdaRoad...

Awwww hell, come on... Seriously?!?!?!?!

So this was my weekend, how's yours?

ForkNdaRoad ForkNdaRoad OP

So this was my weekend, how's yours?

ForkNdaRoad ForkNdaRoad OP

That's always fun! Glad I have a new house that everything was re-worked and new plumbing all around. My week-end has been pretty good.
Hope you get that all fixed. I know a great economical plumber out here too. Sorry.

Rooster Rooster

In response to “That's always fun! Glad I have a new house...

I'm renting and the house if right around 20 years old. In the last 2 years the water-heater and a/c unit had to be replaced.

I'm just hoping is only the sink fixtures and hoses that need replacing because I don't want to have to tell the landlord that something else needs repair. I can't afford another increase in the rent.

ForkNdaRoad ForkNdaRoad OP

Sure does seem that way, sometimes. Nothing that quite that exasperating has happened around here this weekend....yet, anyway.

That's awful, Tink. Did you get it resolved yet? I have some super duper rubberized waterproof seal tape, if you need. :)

Piper2 Piper2

In response to “Sure does seem that way, sometimes. Nothing...

I had a Peter Parker moment, went to turn the sink handle and the damn thing popped right off. Water was spewing everywhere, was a nightmare for a few seconds. It's incredible how much water can pour out in such a small amount of time.

So far it appears the fixtures and hoses underneath are what need to be replaced. As frustrating as it is, I can deal with that,

But now the handle on the cutoff pipe underneath is loose... So, I'm scared. lol Thanks for the offer, fingers crossed :)

ForkNdaRoad ForkNdaRoad OP

In response to “I had a Peter Parker moment, went to turn the...

Good grief. I don't imagine my waterproof seal tape would have helped any, with the sink handle popping off. ;)

I'd be very concerned about that cutoff pipe handle, too. What a shame that have you have to worry about the landlord raising the rent, for fixing something that is clearly not your fault.

Piper2 Piper2

In response to “Good grief. I don't imagine my waterproof...

I really can't complain about my landlord. He was renting this place, privately, for several hundred under the market value when I moved in. We both understood the house wasn't as well kept as it should have been and I was okay with it given the lower price. That was 8 years ago. Since then he's gone up on the rent twice, the whole area has, and it's still under the market value.

He's a good guy, but I have other options now that my son is out of this elementary school district. I could move into a smaller place with less headache for the same price I'm currently paying which is really more than my budget allows. And he'll never find another tenant like me, who will keep up with this place the way an owner would. Pretty sure he knows that, though.

But I won't pay more, not for this place. That won't happen. I refuse! lol

ForkNdaRoad ForkNdaRoad OP

If it isnt something, it's something else.
Looks, though, like a ten minute fix. I have the parts:)

Carla Carla

In response to “If it isnt something, it's something...

Right? I know that feeling. So far so good, I think it's repaired. Hopefully nothing else breaks.

ForkNdaRoad ForkNdaRoad OP

I've always made sure the plumbers I've used have known what they were doing....

JD JD

In response to “I've always made sure the plumbers I've used...

I think the house was built with shoddy materials, honestly. It's 20 years old, but I've never seen a sink handle come off in my hand. lol And I'm not that strong.

ForkNdaRoad ForkNdaRoad OP

In response to “I think the house was built with shoddy...

Sounds like cheap materials...

JD JD

Nope, maintence, wear and tear never ends... that's why there is Murphy's Law

Zolfie Zolfie

In response to “Nope, maintence, wear and tear never ends...

No foolin', i best not complain or something else will probably break...

ForkNdaRoad ForkNdaRoad OP

Aggravating...always seem to come up at the worst time, too.

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow

In response to “Aggravating...always seem to come up at the...

Of curse it happened with a sink-full of dishes. I almost outsourced them to a bathroom to be cleaned. But, ewww, so no. All fixed now though.

ForkNdaRoad ForkNdaRoad OP

Especially if you own a house. Stuff just wears out and it doesn't tell you ahead of time when it's going to happen.

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

In response to “Especially if you own a house. Stuff just...

Oh I know, that's why I'm officially and totally out of ownership for the time being. It has it's benefits, but I know when my plate's too full.

And like I said above, my landlord's a great guy. He pulled a $5k a/c unit out of his rear-end over the course of a single weekend two summers ago. The first solid freeze this year took out the water-heater, he made good on that too. I kinda feel bad for the guy, I'm afraid to even tell him. lol

ForkNdaRoad ForkNdaRoad OP

The tank, on one toilet leaks. The other toilet you have to hold the handle down almost 5 minutes to get it to actually flush. The garbage disposal leaks, too. No, it never ends.

trooper trooper

In response to “The tank, on one toilet leaks. The other...

I have my garbage disposal propped up on a brick...

ForkNdaRoad ForkNdaRoad OP

Sorry you've had to go through that....but you're right, it's always something. I once had my oven go out the day before I was hosting Thanksgiving. Yikes.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “Sorry you've had to go through that....but...

It's fixed now... I think. Fingers crossed.

Oh wow, that's no help at all, huh? A buddy of mine once tried to bake potatoes and he accidentally turned the oven on "clean." Every time I think of oven problems it reminds me of that. His whole downstairs was full of smoke. Yeesh...

ForkNdaRoad ForkNdaRoad OP

In response to “It's fixed now... I think. Fingers...

OMG....that's terrible.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “OMG....that's terrible.

It was pretty bad from the way he described it...

ForkNdaRoad ForkNdaRoad OP

In response to “It was pretty bad from the way he described it...

Anytime fire is involved, that's really bad.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

When it rains, it pours! Literally!

jaded jaded

In response to “When it rains, it pours! Literally!

I was surprised no one said that sooner...

ForkNdaRoad ForkNdaRoad OP

In response to “I was surprised no one said that sooner...

I have some Bounty I'll let you use!

jaded jaded