VicZincSunny_the_skepticTanor_FauxWill_JanitorZolfie

Nobody :)

VicZincWill_JanitorSukiesnowRoosterSynysterGates

Explained by Sukiesnow...

There should be a law that gives allowances for breezy in-the-moment promises...

Yes, good idea.

SynysterGates SynysterGates

Easy solution....don't make em...can't break em.

DandyDon DandyDon

Why would someone make a promise they do not intend to keep or cannot uphold in it's entirety to begin with? If you can't agree with it in the long run, then don't make it at all. I don't make a promise that I can't or won't keep. If you want flexibility, then put that condition as part of it from the beginning. I don't think laws need to get involved in this either.

Vrendowl Vrendowl

That's why I think carefully before ever agreeing on something, never give in to pressure to say yes.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

I rarely make promises because it's as if the entire universe turns against you the moment you even consider mouthing the word.

Should some unfortunate soul make this rookie mistake, they'll bear witness to a marvelous spectacle wherein mother nature and all her creatures seemingly unleash a full frontal assault to delay, interfere with or downright cripple them and all their futile efforts to fulfill said commitment. Muhuwhahahaha!!!

ForkNdaRoad ForkNdaRoad

Life needs you to be flexible. Just don't make promises to inflexible people. :)

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

I completely agree, something said in the moment might need a little wiggle room, just like every rule has it's exceptions... promises made in the moment usually need a few exceptions as well.

Zolfie Zolfie