DW2LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred

Nobody :)

DandyDonSynysterGates
I’ve come to the conclusion that we don’t need a Wall on the US Southern boarder. We need a moat. One with alligators, snakes, and a bunch of liberals screaming on the other side of the Moat, “Don’t do it!”

That's not fair on alligators and snakes...

JD JD

Why not the Northern border?

DWF DWF

In response to “Why not the Northern border?

Just a wild guess, here...perhaps it's because there aren't 10s of thousands of people trying to illegally cross our northern border each and every month.

Bozette Bozette

In response to “http://nationalpost.com/news/world/northern-ali...

And? That proves what I said to be true. There were 50,000+ impermissibles plus illegals that were caught per month for each of the past three months on the southern border...and that doesn't include illegal border crossers who weren't caught or those who overstayed their visas.

Bozette Bozette

dwf USA doesn't need to protect themselves from the canadians much - canada needs to keep the poor americans from going there for better healthcare.

LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred

What about sharks with laser beams ?

DandyDon DandyDon

In response to “What about sharks with laser beams...

I’m all over this idea. :)

DW2 DW2 OP

Better yet make it electric then no animals need to be involved

We need a wall on the northern border because all our cold weather and ice storms come from there and that's a lot harder to put up with than a bazillion crop pickers from Mexico.

that_guy that_guy

People keep saying "Make America great again!"

Well, back when America was great, there was not so much as a fence along the border. People wandered back and forth with no fuss at all.

that_guy that_guy

I'm not sure I'm all for the idea... BUT, recreating the panama canal in Mexico (The Mexico (Ma-he-co) Canal) would create a lot of jobs and create a much easiest way to get in between the the two oceans.

Though it might also do a lot of damage to other stuff... but maybe it could be looked into.

Zolfie Zolfie

In response to “I'm not sure I'm all for the idea... **BUT**...

I thought about that as well. A large waterway would be easier to protect and improve trade.. interesting concept.

DW2 DW2 OP

In response to “I thought about that as well. A large...

The Pacific is said to be higher than the Atlantic, so water would be rushing to the east (which is why they have to use a lock system).

It'd be interesting who it would be going through the deserts.

Zolfie Zolfie

In response to “The Pacific is said to be higher than the...

Honestly if they used different desalination methods, could be used for irrigation and semi terraform the southern deserts. Could also export the Salt as the new world’s largest producer.

DW2 DW2 OP

In response to “Honestly if they used different desalination...

I just wasn't sure how well irrigation would work in the desert... I know the colorado river which goes through there is struggling to reach the end ... due to people pulling water from it and the heat taking so much away.

It's a very interesting idea... with a lot of potential upsides... but... that's also a huge freaking bill as well.

Panama Canal is 51 mi wide... and took a ton of label and questionable methods of work which would probably be illegal in the U.S.

US/Mex boarder is 1,989 mi wide (39 times wider)... and I'm sure the label rates would be higher, the red tape and safety measures would be extremely much higher... not to mention the other high, that at some point, they got to go through the rocky mountains (or what ever connects the rocky mountains with the Mexico mountain range)

Zolfie Zolfie

In response to “I just wasn't sure how well irrigation would...

Still one hell of an idea.

DW2 DW2 OP

In response to “Still one hell of an idea.

I very much agree.

I'm honest not for building a wall, simply because all you have to do is go under (which reported there are some huge tunnel systems already), I don't think a wall by it self is going to fix anything in the long run.

There has to be monitoring, people there... a system like this, there would have to be a monitoring the ships already... just ask them to keep an eye out for people on the ground s around the river. Or small boats crossing.

Zolfie Zolfie

In response to “I very much agree. I'm honest not for...

I wonder how many miles of canal the initial 25 billion would pay for?

DW2 DW2 OP

In response to “I wonder how many miles of canal the initial...

Probably depends on how big you want the cannel ... big enough for an aircraft carrier to get through? Or simple just the water rushing over?

Cause if you start with the Rio grande, you might be able to get far with a swallow one.

Zolfie Zolfie

In response to “Probably depends on how big you want the...

I know large Barges require a depth of around 75 feet. I’d say 100’ is planning ahead. :)

DW2 DW2 OP

In response to “I know large Barges require a depth of around...

Damn. That actually opens up so much industrial potential it’s crazy. New Farm Land. New towns. New cities. A whole new fishing industry.. on Both sides..

DW2 DW2 OP

In response to “Damn. That actually opens up so much...

I think fishing industry is pushing it... as they already have fishing industry on both sides, so the only new item would be fishing in the canal... which I'm not sure there would be any extra room to fish. Unless you're talking about making multiple great salt lakes as well.

But the rest I agree with, though it'd also destroy a lot as well... including towns, houses, land... and I'm still not sure how the farming would work in the desert areas.

After all if the farms were successful (which I believe they would be at first), they'd want to grow and need more and more water, until there was a problem with not getting enough water, which is the problems they're already the problem in desert areas with rivers. They almost would have to build something extra, to the side of the canal for that to control the extra water needed, as the canal would need to maintain tight controls of their water for the ships.

Zolfie Zolfie

In response to “I think fishing industry is pushing it... as...

Realistically you are talking 1954 miles. Let’s say we are talking 100 feet deep. And 200 feet wide as a standard. You are then talking 10,317,120 feet in length, times 200 feet in width. 2,063,424,000, times the 100 foot average depth 206,342,400,000, times 7.48 gallons of water per cubic foot... 1,543,441,152,000 gallons of water. Hmm pretty sure that rivals if not larger than the Gulf of Mexico. Lots of fishing. :)

DW2 DW2 OP

In response to “Realistically you are talking 1954 miles...

Maybe fishing from land, but not boats as other boats including some huge ships would have to get by... maybe it'll create a nice place to fish from land.

Of course that might happen on both sides of the border... which might mean much more people at the boarder and therefore a lot more people to watch and harder to track people... as I've heard it already is on the Rio grande... with fishermen from each side crossing at times.

Zolfie Zolfie