WonderManTanor_FauxStarzAboveBlewynanifail

Nobody :)

StarzAbove
How do you see being 40? how do you define being 40 years old?

middle age, no sweat, you are entering your power years, enjoy it.

Flrdsgns Flrdsgns

Flrdsgns Flrdsgns

It's just another birthday, no difference than 39 or 60...

JD JD

actually I am confused about my age 40 I am wondering where I am standing in the life span! what I am as a 40 year old. if you have passed the age of 40 in your life please tell me how you undergone during that? please share your experience.

WonderMan WonderMan OP

40 years old, i define it when the inside starts to rot and you start getting that "dad breath".

Tanor_Faux Tanor_Faux

I see 40 years old about 32 years behind me. I will admit that I took turning 40 hard. I looked at where the other women my age were - married, kids, a house, etc. - and I felt that somehow, I had failed to live up to what was expected of me. Then I turned 41 and decided that I could just be who I am and enjoy my life or I could be depressed about it. I chose to enjoy my life.

Linnster Linnster

In response to “I see 40 years old about 32 years behind me...

here is a same story.. difference is mere I am a man.

WonderMan WonderMan OP

In response to “here is a same story.. difference is mere I...

The moral of the story, whether man or woman, is for you to decide to enjoy your life as it is or do something to change it. Sometimes, we cannot change certain things, so we need to learn to accept them and be happy anyway.

Linnster Linnster

Well, it's behind by you existing for long enough that the earth has gone around the sun 40 times. As for how I see it, I can't really say having never been that age

DWF DWF

Sounds like a mid life crisis situation.

Some guys panic at 40, wondering if they should be further ahead of the game by now. Their insecurities get the best of them and they turn to totally unrelated things they think will give them affirmation. Fast cars, fast women, boats, any number of things.

Of course the answers they seek can't be found in any of those things. So in this stage of the crisis he either comes to his senses or completely falls apart.

If you are taking stock of yourself Wonderman - that is a good thing. We all should do so every now and then. Take a look at goals set and how we're doing - Oops, no goals? Well, then you have a starting point!

Every person and situation is different. You don't want to measure your success by comparing yourself to other people. Compare your personal results to your personal goals.

I WILL go out on a limb here though and suggest that by age 40 a man should not still be living with mom and dad. (It's a joke)

Budwick Budwick

I hope to be well rooted in my career as a dentist and to have a family and children by then. Simple ambitions, nothing big.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

In response to “I hope to be well rooted in my career as a...

Honorable, professional work and a family are huge!
They are wonderful things to aspire to.
Sunny, you're a great guy. You'll be Dr. Sunny very soon - putting all that knowledge and skill to use giving relief and dental hygiene to your patients. It IS a big deal.

And, being a Dad?! OMG, the responsibilities are enormous!

I'm not suggesting that you order a Sunny IS Fantastic T-Shirt - but to know in your heart that Sunny IS Fantastic - that's cool.

Budwick Budwick

Me at 40? I see grey hair, white-knuckles, heart medication and being chauffeured around by my 16 year old with his license...

ForkNdaRoad ForkNdaRoad

It's just an age.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

Turning 40 just lets you know that all those chickens of years of abuse you put your body through are coming home to roost.

Welcome to the age of opiods.

AliceD AliceD

In response to “Turning 40 just lets you know that all those...

That explains a lot...

ForkNdaRoad ForkNdaRoad

As being 20 years ago

Blewynanifail Blewynanifail

I didn't really notice.

trooper trooper