• Topics:PeopleHuman Behaviour
  • Featured on the home page on Jul 2nd 2018
  • Post Of The Day on Jul 7th 2018

ForkNdaRoadDWFVicZincSynysterSissyHarperMeektrooperastral_queenLorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundredTrish

Nobody :)

VicZincDWFPiper2Will_JanitorRoosterSynysterGatesSynysterSissy
Responsible parents teach their kids never to point a gun at something you don't intend to fire at or kill because that's its function, to kill. Responsible citizens should never point the "law" at someone or an act that isn't worth taking a life because ultimately, people with guns must enforce that law and it could result in the taking of a life. Responsible citizens must ask: "Is it worth this?"

Explained by ForkNdaRoad...

I think that's the true definition of self-ownership & good citizenship: Not simply to take responsibility for yourself, your choices and the consequences, but also for the role you play in "solving" your community's or country's problems and their consequences. We should seek real mutual solutions to problems and not outsource every grievance or dispute to people with guns just because we can. If when crafting the law we "aimed" it with the same respect and caution as a loaded weapon, fewer innocent people would be harmed by it.

Sucks that it happens to be this way, but you're right, especially if the person isn't white and/or visibly mentally ill

DWF DWF

Sounds like something to aspire to.

But right now, bitching and moaning over every stupid thing under the Sun seems to be working pretty well.

Budwick Budwick

In response to “Sounds like something to aspire to. But...

Bitching and moaning has proven a time-honored diversion for politicians of all stripes who'd rather us discuss anything other than the results of their policies. They'll probably stop doing it when it stops working.

Just this morning I heard Gowdy 'bitching and moaning' (i.e. reading his "remarks" from a sheet of paper) for what seemed like half an hour about the IG report. He talked himself in circles insinuating that because two agents in a text change were bias their whole team, investigation and its outcome must have been bias. Somehow this was all the fault of the IG he was blowing on.

I was really referring more to us as citizens...

ForkNdaRoad ForkNdaRoad OP

In response to “Bitching and moaning has proven a...

In fairness, he was talking IG about the report and the inspector genera apparently didn't recognize bias when it bit him the ****.

Interesting that your frustration was with Gowdy and not the obvious misleading report.

Budwick Budwick

In response to “In fairness, he was talking IG about the...

I watched it, he was floating guilt by association... Poorly, at that. By Gowdy's estimation all of govt. and any of their efforts are biased because a few are biased. It's a fallacy for a reason, it's illogical.

ForkNdaRoad ForkNdaRoad OP

In response to “I watched it, he was floating guilt by...

I don't understand "floating guilt by association".

Are you sure you aren't extrapolating his comments on your own? Or, did you hear him bashing all of government based on the obvious bias that somehow escaped the IG?

Budwick Budwick

In response to “I don't understand "floating guilt by...

"I watched it, he was floating guilt by association... Poorly, at that. "

The asinine suggestion Gowdy made was that the investigation was biased because two agents seemed biased. Two agents being biased isn't not itself evidence of a biased investigation, much less biased findings.

"By Gowdy's estimation all of govt. and any of their efforts are biased because a few are biased. It's a fallacy [guilt by association] for a reason, it's illogical."

I simply followed Gowdy's fallacy to its illogical end. Gowdy suggesting investigation findings were biased because of the apparent bias of two agents is as illogical as suggesting the entire govt. is corrupt because a few officials have been caught in corruption.

The IG requires more than guilt by association to deem an entire investigation biased. Gowdy knows that, he simply ignored it to play politics; e.g. he's "bitching and moaning."

ForkNdaRoad ForkNdaRoad OP

In response to “"I watched it, he was floating guilt by...

OK, let me be more clear -
FLOATING guilt? What does FLOATING mean in this context?

If the agents performing the investigation were biased, the investigation WAS biased. Seems clear to me.

Budwick Budwick

In response to “OK, let me be more clear - FLOATING guilt?...

Floating:
not settled in a definite place

Like, floating an idea of guilt by association. You seem to be preoccupied with Gowdy's floaters. lmao (I couldn't resist.)

It's easy to arrive at what you might think is a clear conclusion to everyone when it is the conclusion you prefer. Not so much when that conclusion requires supporting evidence.

ForkNdaRoad ForkNdaRoad OP

DWF DWF

In response to “Sucks that it happens to be this way, but...

This premise is really stunning at the state-level when you consider how many different statutes and regulations there are professing to save us from ourselves, more than anything else.

That's not to suggest that all regulation is violent due to enforcement, but I think all of society benefits when we stop to appreciate or at least consider the power behind the words politicians throw around so freely.

ForkNdaRoad ForkNdaRoad OP

In response to “This premise is really stunning at the...

There are tons of horror stories of people calling the police asking for help with someone having a panic attack or to teach their kids a lesson and then end up getting shot

DWF DWF

In response to “There are tons of horror stories of people...

I know, it's astonishing.

A friend I've known since my teens, she's a speech-pathologist, put together a program to educate local law enforcement on the markers of those on the Autism spectrum, or the noncommunicative, for that very reason.

ForkNdaRoad ForkNdaRoad OP

Is that the guy who shot himself in the nuts?

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

In response to “Is that the guy who shot himself in the nuts?

I think it was the foot, wasn't it?

ForkNdaRoad ForkNdaRoad OP

In response to “I think it was the foot, wasn't it?

How embarrassing.

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

In response to “How embarrassing.

And it happened as he was leading an gun safety course... Yowzer, that's gonna be bad for business.

ForkNdaRoad ForkNdaRoad OP

inforce the Law

let me think on that for a moment...

Liberal Group Calls For Stabbing ICE Agents and Ripping Out their Hearts
The Occupy Wall Street Twitter account — with over 200,000 followers — tweeted this out on Monday.

----------
Berkeley Jury finds Antifa NOT GUILTY of Violent Beating of Trump Supporter — Despite Multiple Witnesses
Berkley cops testified, if they didn't intervene
the trump supporter could have been killed

in other words
the MOB of PANTI-FA didn't like the looks of the trump supporter or his political views
they commenced to attack like a wild African dog pack

------------
the guy who shot the republican senator got 30 days

-----------

Sanctuary cities
aka harboring crimmals

----------

rule of law..... what rule of law are we talking about?

I rather talk about lisa page's gums

was a time you could leave your door unlocked
now you say your prayers an thank the Lord
for that Peacemaker in the dresser drawer

how about some Hank

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cQNkIrg-Tk

Neanderthal_Momdoer Neanderthal_Momdoer

In response to “inforce the Law let me think on that for a...

"in other words
they commenced to attack like a wild African dog pack"

Hmm... Guess I hit another nerve.

Today's topic is "personal responsibility," for $100 Alex.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IA7QExh-NQ

ForkNdaRoad ForkNdaRoad OP

In response to “"in other words the MOB of PANTI-FA...

Personal Responsibility you say huh
Jane Fonda’s Brother Calls for Barron Trump to Be Locked in Cage With Pedophiles

what are the odds that **** will be arrested?

not even close to a nerve
feel free to keep trying
beat the quit!

Neanderthal_Momdoer Neanderthal_Momdoer

In response to “Personal Responsibility you say huh Jane...

Emphasis on personal... Unless you're Fonda, which I doubt.

He's a fool, did you need me to tell you that?

ForkNdaRoad ForkNdaRoad OP

In response to “Emphasis on //personal//... Unless you're...

no I didn't you need you to tell me what I already know...but so many refuse to see

Neanderthal_Momdoer Neanderthal_Momdoer

In response to “no I didn't you need you to tell me what I...

Hmm, I suspect people would be more inclined to here such examples when they're relevant to the topic at hand.

ForkNdaRoad ForkNdaRoad OP

In response to “Hmm, I suspect people would be more inclined...

so this is what the Left wants for America
https://michaelsavage.com/?p=19667
welcome to New Yok

savagery....barbarism

let the games begin

Neanderthal_Momdoer Neanderthal_Momdoer

In response to “so this is what the Left wants for...

Good luck with all that... I'm pretty sure you're the only one playin'...

ForkNdaRoad ForkNdaRoad OP

Let's get religious:

Luke 4:5 And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time. 6 And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it.

"Delivered unto me," get it? Satan is the god of earthly authority. It doesn't matter much what "role" you choose to play, there are people who will do ANYTHING to get authority over others, and there are always plenty of people willing to give them that authority.

Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it. Those who do learn from history are doomed to watch helplessly while everybody else repeats it.

that_guy that_guy

In response to “Let's get religious: Luke 4:5 And the devil...

I don't discount that some both want and need to be ruled over. Well said.

ForkNdaRoad ForkNdaRoad OP

I just wish law enforcement was trained to maim rather than kill.

LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred

In response to “I just wish law enforcement was trained to...

I just wish they'd remember their "suspects" are just that, "suspected" of a crime, not "guilty" of a crime.

ForkNdaRoad ForkNdaRoad OP

Sure yet that must be difficult when someone is charging at you. Or people might try cooperating with the police instead