doctorwho1011Tanor_FauxVicZincbeachbumTomboyJanetMasha

DWFvividlyprosaicSassyBitch

VicZincPiper2StarzAboveBozetteTanor_FauxAdaWill_JanitorRooster

I agree.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

I have to stay completely neutral here.

I'm an agnostic. I have no "pro" or "con" here. I hope I don't disappoint you too much, because I really like you.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

Whatever life is about, it is mostly not about liberal or conservative or any other political label. Life can't be about politics.

Logan Logan

Whoa! Peter Fonda is in trouble then,
Kathy Griffin and Samantha Bee too.

Budwick Budwick

Life to me is about nature. I just live freely and as justly as I can see fitting the time/place. I don't particularly have a religious belief, but i'm best described as an Otherkin or Therian. I have spiritual familiars, living in pulse with the physics that make what's possible around me.

Tanor_Faux Tanor_Faux

oooo I agreed shocked? well I'm not cuz Im me! Sane people are the same when you get down to it. I traveled far and seen so many people and heard so many stories from good men and women liberal and conservative. Love is the only thing we all have in common. Its corny but I bet at the core people have the ability to care about others, and for whatver reason they may have locked it away, But its still there. remember that next time you see someone with opposing views

TomboyJanet TomboyJanet

I agree. However...

A wise man’s heart inclines him to the right, but a fool’s heart to the left. Ecclesiastes 10:2

.

From https://www.merriam-webster.com

Definition of right

1 : righteous, upright
2 : being in accordance with what is just, good, or proper right conduct
3 : conforming to facts or truth : correct the right answer
4 : suitable, appropriate the right man for the job
5 : straight a right line
6 : genuine, real

Origin and Etymology of right
Middle English, from Old English riht; akin to Old High German reht right, Latin rectus straight, right, regere to lead straight, direct, rule, rogare to ask, Greek oregein to stretch out

right Synonyms
decent, ethical, good, honest, honorable, just, moral, nice, right-minded, righteous, straight, upright, virtuous

...

Definition of left

1 a : of, relating to, situated on, or being the side of the body in which the heart is mostly located her left leg
b : done with the left hand a left hook to the jaw
c : located nearer to the left hand than to the right a man's left chest
d (1) : located on the left of an observer facing in the same direction as the object specified stage left the left arm of a chair (2) : located on the left when facing downstream the left bank of a river
2 often capitalized : of, adhering to, or constituted by the left especially in politics

Origin and Etymology of left
Middle English, from Old English, weak

left Synonyms
leftism, liberalism

....

Now what I find particularly interesting is I know there are more meanings for the word left, but they seem to have been LEFT out for some reason. We can find some evidence of the other meanings under the word 'gauche', which is French for left.

gauche and Being Left-handed

Gauche is one of several words that come from old suspicions or negative associations surrounding the left side and use of the left hand. In French, "gauche" literally means "left," and it has the extended meanings "awkward" and "clumsy." Presumably these meanings came about because left-handed people could appear awkward trying to manage in a right-handed world - or perhaps because right-handed people appear awkward when they try to use their left hand. In fact, "awkward" itself comes from the Middle English awke, meaning "turned the wrong way or "left-handed." On the other hand, "adroit" and "dexterity" have their roots in words meaning "right" or "on the right side."

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/gauche

There's kind of a beautiful symmetry to the fact that all the negative meanings of the word left have been censored out of the dictionary.

Maze Maze