On Horror Movies as escapism...

TomboyJanetOzSurferTrish

ProdigalSon

OzSurferProdigalSon

Explained by TomboyJanet...

I think I finally understand why people escape into horror films. Life is really complex. There are many factors that could end your life or well being in any moment in any way. The thing is, we are fed so much information and told so many falsehoods, we don't really know who the real enemies are. Often times by the time we figure out what's hurting us the most it's far too late. Horror movies present you with a clear cut enemy. A focal point of fears and hatred. This enemy is your scapegoat. It's fantastical to think that there will be an evil so bad that everyone agrees it's bad. Whether or not the characters survive is superficial. Fear is personified in a tangible form. even if the characters are clueless to the forces, it's still more clear cut than the dark forces in reality. the dark forces we dont see until its too late.

When I read this i immediately think about my workplace and the manipulation of people's lives that go on there by some very nasty self serving people. Yes, the scariest people aren't the ones lurking in the shadows wearing dark clothing but are the ones who walk amongst us in positions of trust and power who convince everyone that they are a force for good when the opposite is true. The struggle is when you recognise this and are a lone voice trying to get something done about it.

OzSurfer OzSurfer

In response to “When I read this i immediately think about my...

that is sooo true and the same goes for police. Which cops can you trust? which cops are gonna shoot you for speeding?

TomboyJanet TomboyJanet OP

I think this is way too much of a detailed and thought out explanation as to why I might have taken the time to watch Gingerbread Man vs. Evil Bong.

ProdigalSon ProdigalSon

In response to “I think this is way too much of a detailed...

well sometimes We just get really stoned and want to watch nonsense it happens

TomboyJanet TomboyJanet OP