Should one lie exempt a person from ever being believed again? Why or Why not?

Yes Because

BlewynanifailSynysterGatesvividlyprosaic

No Because

TrishVicZincDWFTanor_FauxTomboyJanetProdigalSon

Other

trooper

Piper2ProdigalSonRooster

I agree with Trooper. Depends on the lie. I'll let most slide but I won't trust a person again if the lie is significant.

Rooster Rooster

People arent 100 percent one thing or 100 percent another. We have depth. We're not cartoon characters stuck with one trope. Someone may have made a mistake in their life but ignoring them because of it could be detrimental for all you know

TomboyJanet TomboyJanet OP

Everybody lies sometimes

DWF DWF

The truth is impossible to know

VicZinc VicZinc

I suppose some lies could be so bad that it would keep me from ever trusting them again but I don't think it should condemn them to never being believed by anyone ever again. We're only human.

ProdigalSon ProdigalSon

Depends on the lie

trooper trooper

In response to “Depends on the lie

I completely agree... it depends on what was said and what the subject matter was!

Zolfie Zolfie

Rooster Rooster

In response to “I agree with Trooper. Depends on the lie...

How bad of a lie must it be? It could also depend on the frequency of lying.

Also remember that simply being wrong about something is not a lie nor is it something to be ashamed about. But when we try desperately to avoid being seen as wrong, thats when the lies fly out.

TomboyJanet TomboyJanet OP

It truly depends on circumstances. Telling someone you like their haircut or dress is far different from lying about rape or abuse

Trish Trish