Trump changed the rules of politics in America and is fighting against the system

TomboyJanetVicZinctrooperStarzAbove

Will_Janitorvividlyprosaic

VicZincWill_JanitorRooster

Of course, the system is ** and has been for several years which is why some people absolutely can't stand him. He has the gall to try and take their power away and give it back to the American people, "that **"!

trooper trooper

But the system was good. It worked. It was slow but it worked

TomboyJanet TomboyJanet OP

Which some see as a good thing. It would be, if he was just a bit more humble.

VicZinc VicZinc

He's making America great again.

SynysterGates SynysterGates

trooper trooper

In response to “Of course, the system is **** and has been...

But is giving so much power to the executive branch REALLY giving it to the american people? I mean we have two branches of people who think the same way and are weeding out anyone with dissenting opinions and now they can pick their little pets to be in the third branch. I really don't have a voice in this government It's just all going to go to people I don't agree with.

TomboyJanet TomboyJanet OP

In response to “But is giving so much power to the executive...

That's not really changed. :)

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

You have the same voice as everyone else, Janet. You can vote.

All the current POTUS is doing is exactly what he said he would when he campaigned (I realize how someone who may love the current way politicians run things may be a bit taken aback by this).

trooper trooper

How peculiar!

I would have said something quite similar about democrats!

Budwick Budwick

In response to “How peculiar! I would have said something...

You know Budwick, me and you are having a good a day agreeing with things. (biggrin)
乂º◡^乂

Ada Ada

In response to “You know Budwick, me and you are having a...

Well, you know they that great minds think alike!

Budwick Budwick

The only rule in politics is not to get eaten by the sharks.

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

In response to “The only rule in politics is not to get eaten...

I agree the rules didn't change. It's simply different people need different styles and most people couldn't win using Trump's style, because one has to be extremely commented to it... and Trump is.

I'm guessing because to Trump it's not a political style, but an entire life style of where he surrounds himself by people that bow to his direction as boss... and what ever his spin is, it's the correct spin.

Trump truly does seem like a master at marketing to his base, almost like no other in recent memory.

Zolfie Zolfie

Our founding fathers feared tyranny of the majority too. Unfortunately that's just what we have

TomboyJanet TomboyJanet OP

In response to “Our founding fathers feared tyranny of the...

No, it's not.
No one is locking up reporters (like the last guy did)
No one is rounding up legal US citizens
No one is doing anything other than enforcing laws, which both parties passed, which were not enforced for the last 8+ years.

And if we were actually experiencing tyranny, you'd be scared shitless to make such a comment in public.

trooper trooper

In response to “No, it's not. No one is locking up reporters...

We're not getting the full force of it yes, but I do see the building blocks. The angry desperate people, the increase in hate crime, the neo nazi marches. The man in charge with a cultlike following where his supporters wont even admit to him being wrong about ONE SINGLE THING. NEVER put that much faith in ANYONE. There is no one that infallible, and when people start claiming anything against him to be "fake news" how can anyone possibly defend themselves from that kind of conviction? I REALLY REALLY hope I'm wrong. This isn't about Janet Vonnik saying she's right. This is about how much I'd rather say OK you were right he's harmless and he just does things I disagree with. But it doesn't hurt to be ready is all I'm saying. We'll see how this plays out but I just don't know anymore....I don't know what to believe.

Coincidentally Why did we give the president the power to pardon himself?

TomboyJanet TomboyJanet OP

In response to “We're not getting the full force of it yes...

The only anger and desperation comes from those who cannot handle that they may have to "suck it" for 8 years because their candidate of choice did not win.

When the news has to apologize for claiming someone confessed to committing manslaughter, yeah, it's fake news.

And it wasn't us that gave the President that power, it was Congress.

trooper trooper

In response to “The only anger and desperation comes from...

So basically we had no say in the matter....which is......tyranny

TomboyJanet TomboyJanet OP

In response to “So basically we had no say in the...

It may be “tyranny”, but Trump didn’t have anything to do with it.

trooper trooper