Not that he is, but would you really care if the President was a completely self centered narcissistic jerk, as long as he got the job done?

Yes

astral_queenkay_nic1695TomboyJanet

No

LoganhootowlLorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundredTanor_FauxZolfietrooperRoosterSynysterGatesMutt

Other

DWFJerryHendrickson

AdatrooperRoosterSynysterGates

Explained by trooper...

Some people seem upset that President Trump isn't more "Presidential". Well, imho, "Presidential" never did a damned thing for the country. So, what's your take on it?

No, in fact, I've come to think being a narcissistic **** is a prerequisite to the job. Unfortunately, that's not what's happening here.

And since I'd really rather not participate in building my own prison, I can't support the person currently occupying the office... regardless of how many are cheering him on.

ForkNdaRoad ForkNdaRoad

ForkNdaRoad ForkNdaRoad

Whoever or whatever gets the job done is what's important. Trump is pretty clueless as to being a President but I've seen others do some pretty dumb stuff over the years. Remember LBJ? I will send no more troops to Vietnam and then he did just that.

Rooster Rooster

In response to “Whoever or whatever gets the job done is...

rooster I don't remember anything about lbj have only seen pictures of him looking unhappy.

LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred

I think being a completely self-centered narcissistic jerk is pretty likely to interfere with any president's ability to get the job done

DWF DWF

Politician's ** and aren't doers. Business men are **, direct, crush people that are in their way, but get the job done.

SynysterGates SynysterGates

Nope. Wouldn't care one bit. I probably wouldn't want to be his friend, but that's not really what matters.

Logan Logan

Yes and no. Thankfully, that description doesn't fit this president. He just talks like any New Yorker.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson

In response to “Yes and no. Thankfully, that description...

Doesn't fit? You're kidding.

urwutuis urwutuis

In response to “Doesn't fit? You're kidding.

All he's done as President is good for the Country. That's not selfishness.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson

In response to “All he's done as President is good for the...

Good? What has he done that's good? Deregulate the banks so they can crash the economy again? Killed the Iran nuke deal? Dropped more bombs than Obama? Doubled civilian casualties? Locked up children? Gave huge tax breaks to himself? Pulled out of the human rights counsel? Screwed Puerto Rico?

Name one good thing Trump has done.

urwutuis urwutuis

In response to “Good? What has he done that's good?...

"Screwed Puerto Rico?" You're **** crazy. I have family there; without us they'd be totally screwed.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson

Name one good thing? How about a giant list in a very short time? I'll name two and then link you to a gigantic list. The Economy and N. Korea. He puts us first where Obama apologized to the World and talked down to his own people.
https://www.washingtonexaminer....ican-greatness

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson

In response to “Name one good thing? How about a giant list...

You mean the list put together by the WH? I'm sure that's objective.
A third is duplication, a third are about consumer confidence which is meaningless and the rest is opinion and signing bills he didn't write.

urwutuis urwutuis

In response to “You mean the list put together by the WH? I'm...

Way more "objective" than the ridiculous and constant "Civil Rights March" ** going on. You've got a "Cops and White Guys are the Enemy" thing going on. You've got the "Take guns away from the Country boys' agenda. Good ** luck.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson

In response to “Way more "objective" than the...

I don't have any "thing" going on nor an agenda to take guns and there hasn't been a civil rights march since the 60s. You're in the bubble.

urwutuis urwutuis

Ego is bad. The thing is it will ALWAYS lead to one thing and that's too much emphasis on helping yourself. A man can throw us enough bones to get us on his side for any evil deed he may have planned

TomboyJanet TomboyJanet

In response to “Yes, ego is a horrible...

Comedy is not ego

TomboyJanet TomboyJanet

In response to “Comedy is not ego

Comedy is also funny. That wasn't.

Perhaps you'd prefer his other example of ego, "I don't need Congress, I have a phone and a pen".

That's an example of the Executive branch having too much power and not giving it to the people.

trooper trooper OP

Aren't most politicals (at least to a degree) self centered narcissistics? ... so if he's getting the job done, then no I don't care about that.

What I don't like, is the lying... especially the lying trying to get the listener (ie me) to believe something, that simply put is not true. And this is towards ALL PEOPLE... but all politicians lie... and I understand why they do, but I still hate it.. .and it bothers me when they do.
(Again, this is to all people, not just Trump).

Zolfie Zolfie

In response to “Aren't most politicals (at least to a degree)...

(Which is why I didn't vote for a politician, but a businessman)

trooper trooper OP

In response to “(Which is why I didn't vote for a politician...

The businessman was/is a politician too and has been for a long long time, which is why he's an expect (unlike any other President lately) at controlling his media. He's had a lot of practice working in that NYC market.

But yes, the other one was the total politician, and rigged her nomination.

Zolfie Zolfie

I always thought that the country should be run more like a business that has a strong ethical code.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson

The president really needs to be ruthless in order to get the job done. Too bad trump isn't more interested in americans rather than immigrants.

In response to “The president really needs to be ruthless in...

Trump doesn't care about immigrants. He's just playing to his base.
Trump only cares about Trump.

urwutuis urwutuis

In response to “Trump doesn't care about immigrants. He's...

You don't know what he cares about or doesn't. All you know is what you see on television. So, now that he's reuniting the Illegal immigrant families who were suffering under a policy the Democrat Congress and President put in place, "He's just playing to his base." If he cured all disease, you'd still say the same thing.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson

In response to “You don't know what he cares about or...

It amazes me that you would believe Trump without, at least, checking.
That policy had no more to do with democrats and Obama than his claim "only congress can fix it." had to do with the truth. It is 100% Trump policy
Do you think 3 million illegals voted in California too?

Do a little research once in a while before you blindly buy Trump's ****.

Trump will never accept responsibility for anything unpopular because he can't handle criticism.
He's a pussy who talks tough until he's face to face and he's been a liar and a cheat his whole life.

I'll be the first one to give Trump credit if he ever does anything I could support.

urwutuis urwutuis

In response to “It amazes me that you would believe Trump...

The **** guy got a dictator to agree to surrender his nukes for crying out loud. I couldn't care less about his personal life. All I need to do is answer the question: "How is he doing as President?" Then I look and answer: "Pretty damn good."

You guys grasp at absolutely anything you can. You'd actually rather have Hillary. It's sickening to be honest. You do remember that she lied to the families of the fallen in Benghazi, right? The disgusting pigs made some fake news about a video that upset Muslims, and fed it to the families of the dead. A terrible lie.

You can tell me your opinion about who you think a man is but you don't know shit about a man's soul. I've come to the conclusion that Liberals are wrong about most things, not all.

Trump didn't make the law, only told the law to uphold the law on the border.

He fixed it, right there in front of everyone; you still attack. You just say: "He's a bad guy and anyone who disagrees is a complete idiot." I'd have to be an idiot to believe that.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson

In response to “The **** guy got a dictator to agree to...

I gave him credit for N.Korea and Clinton is irrelevant.
He stopped the disastrous policy he created and only after massive blowback. He still has 2500 children in cages and he's about to cut social security and medicare
You can tell what's in a mans soul by his actions and the people he surrounds himself with.
Why do you think there are 3500 law suits against him?

urwutuis urwutuis

In response to “Because he's rich.

Riiight. All 3500 are lying but Trump is just an honest businessman.

urwutuis urwutuis

In response to “I gave him credit for N.Korea and Clinton is...

Look, if he can bring more peace to the World? Not so bad -vs- War.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson

You work hard at this. I don't at all and still win this. You don't care about the good things that people do; you only care that they agree with your ideology.

Anyone who does a good thing should not be judged harshly for it. Actions speak louder than words.

As harsh as you weirdos think he is, he's shown remarkable kindness, if we're honest.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson

He's doing a great job.I hope the Liberals continue to act like jerks.Decent people will never elect them.

hootowl hootowl