There should be something in place to prevent America from electing to become a facist state.

TomboyJanettrooperVicZincTanor_Fauxvividlyprosaickay_nic1695LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundredFyrefoxSynysterSissy

hootowl

VicZincStarzAboveZolfieMazeZonkeyBalls

Explained by TomboyJanet...

we need a failsafe. That was supposed to be our checks and balances and our electoral college, but when both of those fail what do we have left? Perhaps we need a constitutional amendment that prevents people from popularly deciding to end democracy. I'm not saying it's happening just yet, but the very possibility that i COULD happen is pretty frightening. I'd rather try all I can to prevent it from happening then turn out i wasn't going to happen in the first place than to do nothing and have it actually happen. I mean what's the worst thing? I could be wrong and Trump and his ilk could really be harmless in the end. Then good. I have nothing to fear. But what if I'm not wrong? We need to ensure that democracy is PRESERVED for the future. In a fury of desperation and fear I see that people are so quick to abandon their principles to gain emergency help from their situation. We see that with religious leaders poo pooing the Don's immoral family values (at least immoral to the bible). It's the REAL slippery slope in this country.

First, great job in keeping with you anti-troll post earlier. I know as one of "Trump's ilk", I really appreciate that you've only implied that Trump is creating a fascist state instead saying it out right. It is far less enraging!

I also think it's swell that you found a way to have unnamed 'religious leaders' dis Trump's family values instead of coming out and simply identifying something real. That is helpful too.

I realize even though much of your explanation centers on Trump, you clearly stated that "I'm not saying it's happening just yet" - so obviously if anyone was to assume you were bashing on Trump - well how wrong could that be?

But as to the question in your headline - I think that Troopers idea is excellent and I think that protecting our sovereignty as a nation, controlling immigration to the country is very important too.

Budwick Budwick

How about to vote you have to produce a government issued photo id?

trooper trooper

In response to “How about to vote you have to produce a...

how is that relevant to this

TomboyJanet TomboyJanet OP

In response to “how is that relevant to this

I offered a realistic and implementable solution. That’s what it has to do with this.

trooper trooper

In response to “I offered a realistic and implementable...

We have to do that in Finland.

We have to produce official photo ID and the notice, that states, that the person is registered as a legitimate voter, in front of three officials. Then, you go to the booth and draw a pussy or write "Donald Duck" on the bloody card.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

In response to “We have to do that in Finland. We have to...

(They do in Mexico, too)

trooper trooper

My concern is not about the tiny issue of voter fraud, including the made up incident in New England. My concern is the lack of checks and balences when all three branches become a Trump Fanclub and anyone who dare disagrees is weeded out. That's frightening

TomboyJanet TomboyJanet OP

In response to “My concern is not about the tiny issue of...

Welcome to the other side of the coin.

Many of us had to sit (and stfu or face repercussions) and watch while half the country and the msm became the Obama Fabclub.

Relax, in 6+ years, you can worry about something else.

trooper trooper

It will never happen; we all have guns.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson

In response to “It will never happen; we all have guns.

Some of us have sniper rifles.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

In response to “https://thumbs.gfycat.com/SatisfiedImaginativeD...

Great Fallout art! Thanks!

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

In response to “Great Fallout art! Thanks!

Damned thing wouldn't show an image in my browser.

trooper trooper

In response to “Some of us have sniper rifles.

Yes we do. And shotguns. You don't even have to be a good shot to be effective with them.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson

In response to “Yes we do. And shotguns. You don't even have...

I usually use landmines for pest control. Keeps the mice away.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

In response to “I usually use landmines for pest control...

Your neighbors must love you.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson

In response to “Your neighbors must love you.

The ones that are still alive, have the utmost respect for me and my authority. Unlike Cartman's...

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

We do have....it's called Congress. But they are so afraid of losing their jobs if they go against Trump....so they agree with him. Pathetic bunch of losers.

You're not wrong.... Trump is destroying all our national institutions to satisfy his own whims and to get even with President Obama. He's made America the laughing stock of the world.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “We do have....it's called Congress. But they...

I thought you were a laughing stock since Reagan proposed the SDI program.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

In response to “I thought you were a laughing stock since...

Yes, the Soviets laughed so hard that they collapsed. (biggrin)

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

In response to “Yes, the Soviets laughed so hard that they...

No, that was the Mexican earthquake.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

In response to “No, that was the Mexican earthquake.

I thought that was in Afghanistan. (cyc)

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

In response to “I thought that was in Afghanistan. (cyc)

That was 1979, when I was three years old.

Even I can't remember everything.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

Budwick Budwick

In response to “First, great job in keeping with you...

see we just keep deflecting this to talk about immigration. I'm not scared of immigrants. I'm scared of a top down dismantling of what our founding fathers set up.

Hang on just a second and boom

why support him?

I'm implying it only because I'm not 100 percent sure yet Budwick. I don't know if he is or not. I'm only half sure it's in the realm of possibility but it shouldn't even be that high. For Bush I was probably about 15 percent sure he'd become a dictator. Probably much less if it wasn't for cheney. And even then I'd not expect it to be outright Bang the drums dicatator ship but more like sneaky get everyone to agree with you that tyranny is good dicatator ship (ie torture, camps for gays etc) But that was slim pickings. With Obama I was .02 percent sure he'd be a dicatator only because of charisma and the Audacity of hype. Yes I questioned myself on Obama too. "what if the cons are right about him?" I never take a 100 percent stance on anything because the world doesn't work in black and white.

Even if Trump himself is unaware of what he wrought he has stirred up some nasty hornets in america. We're starting to push freedom so far that it's going in the opposite direction. We say give open debate to facisists, let them have their say. I think that's dangerous. I just don't want cruelty to become popular. That's all.

But I'd rather push back and stop a coupe I think is happening but isn't than sit back and let a coupe I don't thing is going to happen happen. Think of it as a bit of a Pacal's Wager if you will. All I hope is that if I am right, and this man turns out to be the man who would be king, that people like you will actually RECOGNIZE it and do the right thing. In the meantime I'm going to do my part and vote democratic in the midterms even though my state doesn't really matter. Perhaps I should move to florida with my mom after all. Since I have no intention of pulling an assassination or anything like that, and no interest in being a martyr I mean what does it hurt if I'm wrong? nothing? But at least I'm going to try to do what's right. That's all we can do.

TomboyJanet TomboyJanet OP

In response to “see we just keep deflecting this to talk...

I'm sorry, my comment regarding immigration appears to have been out of bounds somehow.

I see you've discounted the Voter ID thing too.

I'm not afraid of immigrants either. I'm totally in favor of LEGAL immigration.

You say " I just don't want cruelty to become popular. That's all. " That's very nice. I wonder, have you voiced your concern to Twitter over this post?

Cuz I think it's pretty clear that in this day of high tension over a hot issue - well this is PROMOTING hurting people!

Peculiar that a few years ago a tweet that read "Did you know Obama is a socialist" was removed as hate speech.

Janet, I suspected when I saw your post this AM about trolls that maybe it was directed to everyone -

everyone except you.

Other people have good ideas too Janet.

Budwick Budwick

Tomboy, please explain in DETAIL as to how President Trump's polices thus far as our CIC, have negatively affected your finances or negatively affected the GLBTABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXY community?

Gronk17 Gronk17

In response to “Tomboy, please explain in DETAIL as to how...

cute.
How about that big wal mart raise we were all given due to trump's tax cuts......before all our hours were cut and all our equipment failures were ignored

TomboyJanet TomboyJanet OP

I see the trolls are back. Good Let them be back. Let me know I'm worrying you

TomboyJanet TomboyJanet OP

In response to “I see the trolls are back. Good Let them be...

Eh whenever common sense people disagree with you "tolerant of all progressives" opinions, YOU ALL always resort to calling those people as either being trolls or Russian bots lol!....Because you all live in your own liberal bubble WORLD that is aided and abetted by our predominately liberal "msm" and by our nutty liberal celebrities...thus WHY you all think/ASSume that the majority of Americans must think the same way you all do...NOPE we don't.

Gronk17 Gronk17

In response to “Eh whenever common sense people disagree with...

you honestly expect me to believe that somewhere around 27 anon voters actually disagree with every post I put up including the one about how pedophiles are bad at the exact same time? what kind of idiot do you take me for?

TomboyJanet TomboyJanet OP

In response to “you honestly expect me to believe that...

"what kind of idiot do you take me for?".....

Tomboy, you as one who is clearly US History challenged as well as being politically IGNORANT, actually IGNORANTLY authored a post(this one) stating..... "there should be something in place to prevent America from electing to become a "facist" state."....therefore I deem you as THE MOST ILL INFORMED AMERICAN IDIOT on this opinion website. for you IGNORANTLY posting.... "there should be something in place..........." lol!!!!!!!

Gronk17 Gronk17

In response to “"what kind of idiot do you take me...

I think your post is hilarious can I frame it?

TomboyJanet TomboyJanet OP

also you didn't exactly answer my question. unless your answer is "I think Janet is stupid so I'm going to try to fool her by anon disagreeing 25ish times per post to make her think the world is against her"

TomboyJanet TomboyJanet OP

There is...it's called reality..

DandyDon DandyDon

In response to “There is...it's called reality..

I used to think that too but these things happen because we say "It couldn't happen"

TomboyJanet TomboyJanet OP

In response to “I used to think that too but these things...

I don't see anything happening..

Lots of people get very dramatic about situations, when it isn't their president of choice doing it..

I didn't buy into the nonsense of "Obama is going to take my guns" and all that other political dribble.

Not going to start now..

DandyDon DandyDon

But, it did.

Hillary lost.

Get over it.

Budwick Budwick

Anyone who thinks they're living in a fascist state because of Trump needs to learn what fascism actually is.

You are not oppressed, and you are not living under fascism just because your preferred candidate lost.

Thedudeyouhatetomeet Thedudeyouhatetomeet

In response to “Anyone who thinks they're living in a fascist...

These nuts on the "progressive" left on social media sadly haven't a freakin' clue that they are actually being USED as useful idiots by their liberal masters, for them as USEFUL IDIOTS to spew their MASTERS propaganda... because their Democrat MASTERS deem them as idiots, thus knowing their USEFUL IDIOTS will naively and IGNORANTLY abide by WHATEVER their Democrat MASTERS tell them to believe as well as instructing them on what they should say on social media...in our Democrat politicians constant quest to keep their Democrat base forever dependent on the Government to take care of them from their cradle to their grave, thus voting DEMOCRAT for life.

Gronk17 Gronk17

I didn't say we're there yet. I'm saying the conditions are right for one to form

TomboyJanet TomboyJanet OP

In response to “I didn't say we're there yet. I'm saying the...

So you mean fascism is people having thoughts and opinions that are different than yours?

In a truly fascist state, the vast majority of the media wouldn't be allowed to trash talk the goverment 24/7, and people would be "mysteriously disappearing" for saying anything bad about the government.

It looked stupid and paranoid when people thought Obama was going to turn the USA into a communist country, and it looks just as stupid and paranoid now that people think Trump is going to turn the USA into a nazi country.

Hey TomboyJanet what are your FEELINGS as a supporter of SOCIALISM about your fellow SJW Lebron James signing a $154 million contract to play BASKETBALL for the Lakers.....don't you all think that he as a Hillary Clinton supporter should donate 99% of his $154 million dollar contract to the poor and needy that you all supposedly care about as "compassionate" liberals lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gronk17 Gronk17

For the Fascist, everything is in the State, and nothing human or spiritual exists, much less has value, outside the State.
-Benito Mussolini

If, whenever there's a problem, you look to the government for a solution, you're treading on dangerous ground. If you want to do something to prevent the rise of fascism, stop looking to the government to be the center of everything, solve your own problems and encourage others to do so too.

For example, if there's a cause you think needs attention, don't petition the government to deal with it, support a charity that addresses it, or if there isn't such a charity, start one. That's the American way, or at least it used to be. Independence and free will, not government control. Charity, not taxation.

Maze Maze

Our electoral college was supposed to be that safeguard... But we see how that's worked out.

ForkNdaRoad ForkNdaRoad

In response to “Amazingly well.

For those with enough money to buy the presidency, sure.

ForkNdaRoad ForkNdaRoad

"We need a failsafe" LOL!!!!!!
Look pal we as the greatest country on this planet have had a "failsafe" in place in our country since the late 1700's to prevent Dictators, Fascists, Marxists, Communists and Monarchs to EVER, ever be solely in CONTROL of WE THE PEOPLE of the USA.....you as a "resister" may want to Google/read this document in it's entirety before you again spew your ignorance about politics ...simply type The United States Constitution on your phone/laptop to read it.

Oh just a heads up, it is a very long read that has no pictures...but still try to read it in it's entirety anyways....ESPECIALLY where you and you're "resister" comrades on the "tolerant" left are so worried about our current POTUS/his policies that you all IGNORANTLY believe will make him even richer and make him the KING of the USA one day..where he will one day anoint DJT Jr. to be his successor to be our country's next KING/DICTATOR.....LOL!!!!!!!!!

Gronk17 Gronk17

In response to “"We need a failsafe" LOL!!!!!! ...

and you don't think three branches of government all leaning the same way is a little....lopsided? what if they all agreed to add power to the executive branch. Let me just ask you this. If it was proposed to extend presidential term limits under trump would you agree with it? if the answer is anything other than no we got a big problem here.

TomboyJanet TomboyJanet OP

In response to “and you don't think three branches of...

Do you just dream of stuff to complain about all day?

No one is even remotely thinking of extending presidential term limits.

Conservatives are pushing hard for congressional term limits! Wanna get on board that train Janet?

Budwick Budwick

Janet, we as LEGAL citizens of our great country are afforded the RIGHT TO VOTE in our country's elections.... therefore WHY at times there's a super majority on the left or right depending on the pulse of our great country.

Those of you on the left had the SUPER MAJORITY back when Obama was 1st elected...where your Liberal masters INSTEAD used their POWER as the SUPER MAJORITY back then to pass Obamacare...where Nancy Pelos(not reading that BILL) as the SOTH told WE THE PEOPLE "we have to pass the bill so you can find out what's in it"......yeah know kind of like a wicked smaaaat 20 year old agreeing to sign papers to buy their dream car before taking that car out for a test drive.

Gronk17 Gronk17

Janet, please explain in DETAIL the rights you have had that you are no longer afforded of under a Trump Administration?
Please explain in DETAIL how YOU are being "oppressed" under a President Trump Administration.

Gronk17 Gronk17

Could you people just calm down and take things as they are.

He is the legally elected president. Certainly, there is a lot of air under the wig, but still... That's what democracy is about. Populism is fine - you can make a good living with it. I see no difference between the TV show and how he runs the silly country. It's called experience.

Besides, we get good laughs at this side of the pond, every now and then.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

In response to “Could you people just calm down and take...

You mean...

Just wait until your next chance to vote because that's the only thing that will produce any real results, no matter how much you moan and groan ?.

There's no drama in that..

DandyDon DandyDon

In response to “You mean... Just wait until your next chance...

Well, I could assassinate him for four bucks and a free burger, but nobody has that kind of money these days.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

In response to “Well, I could assassinate him for four bucks...

Now that's dramatic...

DandyDon DandyDon

Please don't. The last thing we need is for someone to turn him into a martyr. Untimely death will only turn him into an undeserved legend.

ForkNdaRoad ForkNdaRoad

In response to “Please don't. The last thing we need is for...

Well, when I said "him", I meant the wig. It is a living creature, after all.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

In response to “Well, when I said "him", I meant the...

Like Linus' blanket... We should name him!

ForkNdaRoad ForkNdaRoad

What policies thus far of PRESIDENT Trump have your panties in such a bunch??

Eh back when I worked for a Fortune 500 company, it was ALWAYS the pansy **** "tolerant of ALL" liberals who complained CONSTANTLY over this or that, thus being a nuisance to those of us trying to do our job.

Gronk17 Gronk17

In response to “What policies thus far of PRESIDENT Trump...

Trumpy-Bear has no affect on my panties and I'm the least tolerant person I know. lol

ForkNdaRoad ForkNdaRoad

In response to “Trumpy-Bear has no affect on my panties and...

Trumpy-Bear lol.

Eh President Trump most certainly has had an affect on you liberals/resistors... where he has feminists and soyboys all resorting to actually MAKING FOOLS OF THEMSELVES by wearing freakin' SILLY v a g i n a hats and v a g i n a costumes in your attempt to PROVE how "strong" y'all are on the nutty left, AND that a women's genitalia does NOT define her...AS you all wear SILLY v a g i n a hats and v a g i n a COSTUMES lol!!

Gronk17 Gronk17

In response to “Trumpy-Bear lol. Eh President Trump most...

Whew, that's a mighty long list of assumptions about someone you've never met and barely even spoken to.

I have to ask, how's that workin for ya??? lmao

ForkNdaRoad ForkNdaRoad

What is a faciest state to you?

LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred

Sure there should be. Isn't that why we are allowed to vote for new people off and on?

so if I don't agree with your political views

I'm a Fascist.. umm

tell me tomboyjanet

what are Fascist tactics

Neanderthal_Momdoer Neanderthal_Momdoer

If we elect to become a fascist state in an honest election, it will be the first time in history that it has happened. Historically, fascists have come to power by a combination of brute force street fighting, political dishonesty and forcible suppression of dissenting views, very much the same paradigm that communists and other extremist groups have used.

You know, like Antifa, for example.

Once in power, fascists and communists never allow honest elections until they collapse for one reason or another.

https://capitalresearch.org/art...ts-take-power/

So the best safeguard against an extremist takeover of any kind is to make sure the people retain the power to vote freely, and the best safeguard of that, ultimately, is the 2nd Amendment.

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

He is doing a good job.He cares about us .The American people.

hootowl hootowl

What you suggest is a fascist state.

that_guy that_guy

I have a smashing comment. Does anybody actually read these long threads?

that_guy that_guy