Ithink this

DW2StarzAboveSofiaMaze

Other

LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundredZonkeyBalls

SofiaAdaZolfieMazeazlottoZonkeyBallsRoosterSynysterGates
Please use only your own thoughts to theorize what started the dragon myths/stories

Explained by LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred...

I don't want to sway any ideas you may. write. Please just think about it and tell us all what you yourself really thinks may have been the reason every country religion and race has a dragon story in their history. https://www.123rf.com/photo_7972905_3d-render-of-a-fire-breathing-dragon-flying-at-sunset-.html?vti=lqkjaazw77jm7f7me1-1-4

The Scottish...I think it all started when someone spotted the Lock Nut Washer.

azlotto azlotto

Gosh I would post more questions if it were easier to get the pictures I want

https://www.shutterstock.com/se...eathing+dragon

LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred OP

I'm not sure these are my own thoughts as I'm just repeating ideas that I heard and thought sounded good.

But they're pretty sure that some of the "dragons" in one area of China, were extremely similar to Oar Fish.
from 8 to 50 feet according to this

And I've always liked the theory that the dragon is a creature created from other animals that we had to be worried about... like the head of a lizard, length of a snake, scales of a fish, arms of a big cat and claws of a bird.

I was close, though I would argue it's head makes me think reptile more than camel... and reptiles are more scary around the world than a camel.
https://ninchanese.com/blog/201...hinese-dragon/
the head of a camel, the horns of a stag (male deer), the eyes of a demon, the ears of a cow, the neck of a snake, the belly of a clam, the scales of a carp, the claws of an eagle, the paws of a tiger.

And some have suggested that there were more animals that might have disappeared and we still don't yet know about... and they're still learning about deep sea fish (including the Oar Fish, which again, some statues were made out of ... but I guess Oar Fish are known to sometimes wash up on shore once they're getting weak and die).

Zolfie Zolfie

In response to “I'm not sure these are my own thoughts as I'm...

Zolfie people were so ignorant of reality in the beginning. Could have been any of those or something else.

In response to “Zolfie people were so ignorant of reality in...

They weren’t, at least not on purpose. What they saw as reality was different than how we see it. Some things were beyond comprehension.

Masha Masha

In response to “https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcsqEK53ZFU

Zonkey that is a strange interview glad it has subtitles because it is difficult to understand the accent. She must be related to the queen (confused)

In response to “Zonkey that is a strange interview glad it...

Synthesized voice has that effect.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

In response to “Synthesized voice has that effect.

Yeah that sounds like a computer voice. I think someone wrote that in text and then had a computer read.

Zolfie Zolfie

I have no real thoughts about dragons but there is some good articles about what you are asking.
https://www.smithsonianmag.com/...om-23969126...

Rooster Rooster

Someone with a weird imagination.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “Someone with a weird imagination.

Starz - Lots of people lots of lands

azlotto azlotto

In response to “The Scottish...I think it all started when...

azlotto - that might be true fore that area of the world, but china who didn't talk to scotland also has dragons in history. Poor old Nessie may be dead as nobody sees her any more, it would be nice to think she just flew away to the ocean.

In response to “azlotto - that might be true fore that area...

Nessie is a female? or is it transgender?

azlotto azlotto

In response to “Nessie is a female? or is it transgender?

I believe nessie is a female name.
In Scottish the meaning of the name Nessie is: pure; chaste. Nessie is also the nickname given to the fabled Loch Ness monster.

In response to “I believe nessie is a female name. In...

Thanks for the clarification : )

azlotto azlotto

Well, we know there were creatures that resembled dragons in the ancient past, but science believes they died out long before modern humans evolved, because that's what they are led to believe based on the fossil record.

I would point out though that fossils are very rare compared to animal populations. Look how many humans there are, how many of us will become fossils? Not very many.

So I'd say there are 2 possibilities for the origin of dragon myths: 1 people found fossils of "dragons" and created the myths around them, that's kind of mundane, but highly plausible.

The second possibility is there were some small populations of dinosaurs that survived into the human era and the stories grew out of that. But since the conditions that create fossils are very rare, there were just too few dinosaurs to leave a sufficiently large fossil record for us to discover.

Maze Maze

In response to “Well, we know there were creatures that...

You might want to check this book out. All about Dragons!

Rooster Rooster

In response to “You might want to check this book out. All...

rooster maybe someday i will find that around.

In response to “rooster maybe someday i will find that around.

rooster I just found that book and read the first chapter. Bad language, I wonder why authors demean themselves when there are hundreds of words to express feelings so many are now going to the lowest part of the population for words?? Oh well I will read it anyhow, my rule start it finish it.

I'd prefer "The Not So Great Zoo of China" better.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

In response to “I'd prefer "The Not So Great Zoo of...

Zonky - have you read either one? Not so great sounds a bit lack luster they do have some pandas, but I am not a big panda bear fan(jolly)

In response to “Zonky - have you read either one? Not so...

I wrote the more curious one.

It also contains additional chapters about using pandas to create rocket fuel.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

In response to “I wrote the more curious one. It also...

What is up with pandas? People on here are always talking about them.

In response to “What is up with pandas? People on here are...

Well, they aren't otters.

It's a deception. Like a magic trick. Making you look the other way, distracting you properly.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

Maze- I have heard that also. Maybe when building all those pyramids the did find bones of a dino.

maze that could make sense seeing they now believe dinos became birds. Might have been more flying dinos than we know of. They may have been more colorful too.

Maybe long ago they existed, then they died off or disappeared. Truth becomes myth, myth becomes legend.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

Well ... according to mythology ... dragons had powerful magic, were immortal (or at least lived a VERY long time), and could shift forms to become human. They were also hunted and killed for their hoards of gold and jewels.

MY theory is that dragons are/were real ... took human form to avoid being hunted ... and got stuck as "humans" when magic disappeared. They are still alive, stuck in human form, due to their long life span - and are maintaining a low profile but controlling all the world governments with their accumulated wealth.

Walt_OReagun Walt_OReagun

In response to “Well ... according to mythology ... dragons...

Walt - that would be interesting wouldn't it. I have read either Japan or China thought one of their first kings was half dragon. I just hope someday they find real proof.

In response to “Walt - that would be interesting wouldn't...

I think there is proof.
Governments are behind the "alien" conspiracy theories, to keep everyone too distracted to bother looking for dragons.

When you live "forever", you learn to play a loooong game.

Walt_OReagun Walt_OReagun

Fossils from dinosaurs

DW2 DW2

Some bird grabbed a lizard and someone with poor eyesight or really drunk saw it.

Sofia Sofia

This was my own post from months ago-Is the sight so small they have nothing new to use????? I am going to ask some crazyguy I know to join so he wilget things going