Sometimes people carry out trivial acts that we find more despicable than a despicable act.

ProdigalSonVicZincSynysterGatesDWFZolfievividlyprosaicTrish

Nobody :)

VicZincBozetteZolfieSynysterGates

I dated a guy once who put ketchup on my pot roast. That was the beginning of the end for us...

Bozette Bozette

In response to “http://data.amirite.net/user_images/5b311bb9bd9...

OK, that's just wrong!

Budwick Budwick

In response to “OK, that's just wrong!

I'm pretty sure that won't stay down.

SynysterGates SynysterGates

It is missing the mustard.

VicZinc VicZinc

In response to “It is missing the mustard.

I might try a small dose of that.

Zolfie Zolfie

In response to “I might try a small dose of that.

I made a batch of Peanut Butter, pickle and mustard sandwiches for a potluck at work last year. People hesitated but when they tried them they were hooked. It is actually an amazingly good combo.

VicZinc VicZinc

In response to “I made a batch of Peanut Butter, pickle and...

Mmmm I'm thinking one step at a time.

Though health wise, peanut butter and mustard are said to be better than a lot of the other stuff we put on sandwiches.

Zolfie Zolfie

In response to “Mmmm I'm thinking one step at a time...

When you think about it, mustard is technically a "curry". Many Thai dishes use peanuts in curry sauces. It is really not a weird as it sounds.

VicZinc VicZinc

Ummm, I like both... but... but I'm just not sure on that one.

Maybe I'd try it with a small circle pickle, but I wouldn't go full out on the first try.

Zolfie Zolfie

Bozette Bozette

In response to “Damn you're picky. (hehe)

That's like putting ketchup on steak! (ono)

Bo's Rules 101:

Ketchup approved uses: Hot dogs, hamburgers, fries, bologna sandwiches, scrambled eggs, and pasties. Period.

Bozette Bozette

In response to “That's like putting ketchup on steak! (ono)...

I agree with all except bologna, i would use mustard.
(jolly)

SynysterGates SynysterGates

In response to “I agree with all except bologna, i would use...

That's fine. Ketchup is only mandatory with pasties. The use of ketchup is allowed, but not mandatory, with the rest. I may be picky, but I'm not a Nazi...oh, wait... (biggrin)

Bozette Bozette

In response to “That's fine. Ketchup is only //mandatory//...

We have a soup Nazi, now we've got a ketchup Nazi.
No ketchup for you, comeback in one year. (hehe)

SynysterGates SynysterGates

Hopefully there is a couple of exceptions to that rule, such as mixing ketchup with another sauce to create a new sauce.

I like mixing ketchup with sriracha and making a spicy sauce to give flavor to something, that either had no or weak flavor (white rice /chicken/etc).

Zolfie Zolfie

In response to “Hopefully there is a couple of exceptions to...

I actually thought about sauces before I responded above. I've used different condiments to make sauces, but I never found a use for ketchup. Experiment away, and if you come up with something you like maybe you'll share your recipe. I'll give it a try.

Bozette Bozette

In response to “I actually thought about sauces before I...

Like I said, I usually use a number of thinks on white rice (something to make it different and more tasty).

As for the ones with ketchup, mix it with sriracha and garlic and I think it taste pretty good if you get a good balance to your taste. I've also added mustard and soy sauce to that (not at the same time). I've liked it, but I've got the feeling most wouldn't other than the two basics.

I forget my father's recipe, but I know he uses ketch-up and BBQ sauce (among other stuff) to make the best sloppy joes sauce I've ever had (at least in my opinion). Or course he's darn good with chilli too (don't think he uses ketch-up though).

Zolfie Zolfie

I have to admit, that pictures makes me hungry for some mac&cheese (biggrin)

I remember in elementary that some girl told on me because I was eating pizza without the cheese... it was a tomato cracker ... and to my surprise the teacher got on me and made me put some cheese on top of it to make everyone happy.

Zolfie Zolfie