Do you have what it takes to be humble?

Comment

JanHaskellLorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundredSofiatrooper

Other

ZonkeyBalls

BozetteSofiaprimeiroZonkeyBallsRoosterSynysterGatesLipsOfAnAngel
Do you have what it takes to be humble?

Explained by Masha...

Wrong is that one thing we’ll be quite a lot.

I've learned that life humbles us whether we consent or not. We each have our own ration of shit to deal with in life...just because we aren't privy to someone else's doesn't mean they aren't dealing with their own.

Bozette Bozette

Sure thing. I have no reasons to boast about anything.

LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred

Bozette Bozette

I'm the humblest person in the universe

DWF DWF

In response to “I'm the humblest person in the universe

I have noticed.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

Why lie? I'm wrong very often about a great many things, but if I say it on here and I discover I'm wrong, I'll admit it. If I'm not and you call me a liar, rather than violate the site rules, I will block them

trooper trooper

Ptichka... Take a guess.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

Humble are usually the people who have suffered a lot in life, therefore they are nicer to others and the less fortunate.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

I'm very humble, I come from very humble beginnings.... I don't brag or boast, I know where my strength comes from and what I have are blessings of which I am thankful for.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

nope! sure don't.

astral_queen astral_queen

hum·ble
ˈhəmbəl/
adjective
adjective: humble; comparative adjective: humbler; superlative adjective: humblest
1.
having or showing a modest or low estimate of one's own importance.

Using that definition, I'd have to say both yes and no. In my field, I am one of the best. (Not a brag, just a fact) Lets be realistic here. A person should be honest with themselves, and others when it comes to assessing their skills or importance. Do you want to go to a heart surgeon who is the best, or mediocre? Is the person removing a brain tumor more important (in the operating room) than the person who takes out the trash in the operating room? Of course he is. (Being more important doesn't mean they are or are not, a better person)
There are also some skills I have that are mediocre or poor. It's best when we can give an honest and accurate assessment of ourselves.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

In response to “hum·ble ˈhəmbəl/ adjective adjective:...

Truth is everything!

Masha Masha OP

Oh yes. Life has given me plenty of humbling practice! (redface)

JanHaskell JanHaskell

I thought about this and it appears to be a paradox. How do I call myself humble? Well, Let me put it this way. I haven’t done many great things so I don’t get a lot of chances to display some humility. I do not remember being really proud of something; I’ve mostly been lucky in a background of low self esteem and minimal effort.

ZaraZooper ZaraZooper

The older I get, the more aware I am of just how I need to understand and practice humility.

ozzyboy ozzyboy

Hey, I've got a lot to be humble about!

that_guy that_guy

The life we lead is what makes us who we are and what we were also taught while growing up. I am not known to be quiet.

LipsOfAnAngel LipsOfAnAngel

Nope. I know what I'm good at and not, so I'm normally straightforward with it.

Sofia Sofia