Do you take glee in the plans of someone you dislike falling through, even if the failure of those plans could mean your own death?

Will_JanitorSukiesnowCarlaRoosterSynysterGates

Explained by trooper...

Are you giddy because the President's (whichever) plans don't work out as planned? Are you too stupid to realize that the failure of the President means the whole country suffers? (And are you stupidly giddy over that prospect too, so you can **** shout, "I told you so"?)

If I compared it to here in Canada, no I don't. Our PM isn't qualified and seriously knows nothing, but I sure don't want things to fail and make this country any worse than it is.

SynysterGates SynysterGates

No, no I don't.

trooper trooper OP

Absolutely not! If someone I don't care for, plans fall through? It's no skin off my **** either way.
As far as the political part? I usually avoid any of that here and will continue to do so. But you are right. It affects the whole country. No, I won't say I told you so as that's just a biased opinion, not necessarily fact!

Rooster Rooster

No. But it concerns me when he implements ill thought plans that if failed or successful could cause this nation, and/or the people in it harm.

Carla Carla

In response to “No. But it concerns me when he implements ill...

All Presidents have done this.

trooper trooper OP

In response to “All Presidents have done this.

Pretty much!

Rooster Rooster

When was our last trade war? I use nails and screws. The increase in prices will affect my bottom line. As well as people loosing their jobs. That is but one consequence.

Carla Carla

In response to “When was our last trade war? I use nails and...

The trade wars of which you speak are just the US not getting screwed over any longer. We already lost a shitload of jobs.

trooper trooper OP

Maze Nails, Made In USA - Senco, Made in U.S.A. - Tremont Nail, USAB2C - American Made Nails & Screws Made in US - many more.

You're good. Should have been buying US hardware all along!

Budwick Budwick

In response to “Maze Nails, Made In USA - Senco, Made in...

Come on, bud. It isnt that simple. The nails and screws are made with a large deal of imported steel.

Carla Carla

In response to “Come on, bud. It isnt that simple. The nails...

Well, unless China negotiates a better deal, I would expect your nails and screws in the future to be made with US Steel, made by US workers, probably union members! Come on, where's the down side?

Budwick Budwick

SynysterGates SynysterGates

Depends on what I feel about the plans themselves

DWF DWF

I always want the country to succeed, that doesn't mean I have to agree with every policy decision from any president

Flrdsgns Flrdsgns

To me, it has nothing to do with who's plan. It's whether I agree with the plan.

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

Ha. People usually react shocked to this type of question - never! Mon Dieu! - but many people are guilty...

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow

The failure of the President does not necessarily mean the country suffers, not if that only means certain policies fail. Did you want all of Obama's policies to go through? Wouldn't you have been glad if some of them that did had failed?

That's not the same as wanting the President impeached or assassinated or replaced with their vice president or whatever, which I do not want.

President =/= country.

Logan Logan

I want the plans that are good for Americans to succeed regardless of who's president.

ozzyboy ozzyboy

To be honest, I do find some joy when cocky loud mouths hitting a snag that gets them to SHUT THE HECK UP for a little while, so I don't have to freaking hear them.

Though I don't root for failure, just some quiet and humble pie. It's not a dislike, it's more of an annoyance... if the annoying part goes away, I might really really like some of them.

Also I disagree with the idea that all failure of any single person ALWAYS leads to suffering. I mean would you make that same comment about President Obama... did his failure to lock America into Obama care for the rest of lifetimes make us suffer? Or was it good that we were able to get out of it?

You can't have the Yang without the Yin, you need both success and failures.

I don't want to tell the subject matter of this comment but something that has helped me most in life was an initial failure of the Great President Ronald Regan Administration, in which George H. W. Bush was asked to do something and then saw/notice the great push back and then went the opposite way with it. The initial push was a failure, and the revised thought and effort was great (IMO). But without that first failure, it would of never happened.

And I've seen that many times though out life, where I, or someone else think something would be best... few year later... nope, we're glad that didn't happen, as something even better happened. Also sometimes the opposite, where we really wished something happened... and then we got it, and it wasn't what was best.

Zolfie Zolfie

No. If it helps everyone around, I'll want it to work out.

Sofia Sofia