• Topics:LifeAnnoyance
  • Featured on the home page on Jul 14th 2018
  • Post Of The Day on Jul 11th 2018

PhilboydStudgePiper2StarzAboveDandyDonAdaWill_JanitorThinkerbellBlewynanifailCarlaZonkeyBalls
What do you remember throwing a temper tantrum over as a child?

More of a meltdown. At age 9, I wanted bangs, so my mom tried cutting them and failed miserably. I wasn't going to leave my room until my hair grew out .... but fortunately my sweet mom whisked me off to the hair salon for proper repairs. (redface)

JanHaskell JanHaskell

Whenever the song "Joy to the World" came on the radio, my father would sing "Jeremiah was a bullfrog" to me. My name is Jerry and for some stupid reason it really hurt my poor wittle feelings. Weird.https://youtu.be/pMHZh5XlOVA

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson

In response to “Whenever the song "Joy to the World"...

Poor little Jerry , do you now understand your dad was probably thinking that was your song.

LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred

In response to “Poor little Jerry , do you now understand...

He certainly meant no harm.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson

I loved that song....therefore it was the 1st 45 single I ever had for just ME that my parents bought for me (as SANTA CLAUS) when I was little, eh but it ended up being a defected 45 that skipped constantly when we played it on our state of the art stereo system lol!!

That Christmas my parents as SANTA CLAUS, also bought me these awesome brown GO-GO boots that I was asking Santa for..but they too were defected, where the zipper on one of those GO-GO boots were broken lol!!! :)

Where back then as a kid still BELIEVING in Santa Claus, I was not disappointed for my defected presents...I was more in AWE that Santa knew exactly what I wanted lol!!! :)

Gronk17 Gronk17

My mother always braided my hair every morning before I went to school. One morning she wasn't home, my older sister braided it, and because it wasn't perfect, I didn't go to school. lol

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “My mother always braided my hair every...

My one recollection was also over a hair issue! (a)

JanHaskell JanHaskell

In response to “My one recollection was also over a hair...

What? You have hair?! That's only leading towards a bad hair day, Jan.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

In response to “What? You have hair?! That's only leading...

You men are so lucky hair is an option rather than a requirement.

In response to “You men are so lucky hair is an option...

Having a cuddly wooden horse is an option.

Hair isn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ad0qVhfdfA

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

hahaha I'm still very fussy about my hair. lol

StarzAbove StarzAbove

Tantrums? Not allowed.

Carla Carla

In response to “Tantrums? Not allowed.

same at my house I never even knew what it meant, until I was older and babysitting kids.

In response to “Tantrums? Not allowed.

Unfortunately a lot of parents/care givers coddle kids who pull temper tantrums.
Just today while I was at the market in the checkout line, behind me there was a kid who looked to be 11 or 12 who was behaving like a freakin' 2 year old...DEMANDING to get candy, and when the woman with him said NO, he went on to cry with obvious BLATANT fake tears, saying to her "you're only nice to me when you're with my dad."

Gronk17 Gronk17

In response to “Unfortunately a lot of parents/care givers...

If he is eleven ir twelve and still doing it, he has been getting away with it all his life. :[

Carla Carla

In response to “If he is eleven ir twelve and still doing it...

Bingo....sadly many parents unfortunately GIVE IN to their kids demands/tantrums out of guilt...due to feeling guilty as being double income married working parents, divorced mom and dads or single working mom and dad parents working so much to provide for their kids...thus these bratty kids figuring out how to play/manipulate their parent(s) to get what they want.

My eldest sibling was a working married woman when her and husband chose to have children(3), where they CHOSE to put their children in day care for her to continue working to financially give their children the BEST of everything...without going into detail, 30 years later her 3 adult grown men "children" are now layabouts who expect their WORKING parents to still financially support them...

Whereas I as my sister's younger sibling CHOSE to quit my lucrative paying job to become a stay at home while in my late 30's to raise my children WITHOUT a village, with our family relying solely on ONE income(my husbands) for ME to raise our children RIGHT to have a strong belief in God, to have morals, values, integrity and to ALWAYS have a hard work ethic IF they wanted to excel in our great country..which they all have thus far, where my 13 year old(seeing her older siblings buying stuff with their own money that mom and dad wouldn't buy for them) is chomping at the bit to get a job when she turns 14.... so she can WORK to make her "own money" to buy the stuff that "you and dad won't buy for me."

Whereas my elder sister who CHOSE to be a working married mom(to give her boys the BEST of everything) now has GROWN layabout sons who feel ENTITLED to the same lifestyle they had as kids, who are all still living at home with their mommy and daddy... because they have no incentive to work or move out because they know their mommy and daddy will continue to financially support them. :(

Gronk17 Gronk17

In response to “Bingo....sadly many parents unfortunately...

Im happy you have taught your children the value of a good work ethic.
Many, many two working parent households and one parent households have taught their children well, though, too.

Carla Carla

Temper tantrums were a very fast way to get an **** whoppin when I was a kid. If I was going to get one it was going to be worth a lot more than a temper tantrum. Ha!

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

In response to “Temper tantrums were a very fast way to get...

You weren't a cute, blonde, little imp with five big brothers. (biggrin)

Bozette Bozette

In response to “You weren't a cute, blonde, little imp with...

You got a point there, Boz. Ha!

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

In response to “You got a point there, Boz. Ha!

Wish I could still pull that shit... HA HA HA!

Bozette Bozette

JanHaskell JanHaskell

I can remember one time. I wanted to have two cars, so I could race them against each other. My mom said I could have one. "BUT I WANNA HAVE TWO CARS, NOT JUST ONE" Well, I ended up empty-handed. No little play cars at all.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

In response to “I can remember one time. I wanted to have...

The proper response. I like your mom.

Carla Carla

In response to “The proper response. I like your mom.

Well, I have a mixed hex bag of feelings towards that hag.

I guess I like her too. Mostly.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

In response to “Well, I have a mixed hex bag of feelings...

I get that.
I carry the same style bag.

Carla Carla

In response to “I get that. I carry the same style bag.

Damn it, wodude.

You are having Louis Vuitton this summer.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

In response to “Damn it, wodude. You are having Louis...

All woman, here. Like women? Indeed. Still...all woman!

Carla Carla

In response to “All woman, here. Like women? Indeed...

What are you on about?

Come on, wodude, get a grip, female of my species!

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

In response to “Fedude?

Fedude sounds pretty cool to both of my ears, wodude.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

Had to be told about it, but apparently I threw a regular fit whenever we went to see my great-grandmother when I was small. I know it bothered my Ma, because she said her grandma was a really sweet lady.

Bozette Bozette

I don't remember but I know I didn't throw many. My beatings were hard enough that they stuck in my mind.

Diego Diego

I'm pretty sure I never I threw a "temper tantrum", and I don't recall my brother ever doing that either. That would not have been acceptable to either of my parents, for sure.
I did get mad or sad about many things that happened when I was a child though, of course.

Piper2 Piper2

Nothing my mom would say stop and i did.

I knew better than to even think about doing that.

I was raised, knowing that a tantrum wouldn't get you jack shit, except for an **** whippin...

DandyDon DandyDon

I wasnt a temper tantrum kind of a kid. A quick slap fixed any misbehavior, made me think adults enjoy this.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

There was 3 of us kids.No one ever threw a tantrum.

hootowl hootowl

Never threw a tantrum, until I was 53....hehe

JD JD

In response to “Never threw a tantrum, until I was 53....hehe

I believe that we ALL can agree,
Credulity straining to see,
That JD just can't... um...
Remember a tantrum
Before he was age 53.   (biggrin) (hehe) (biggrin)

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

In response to “//I believe that we ALL can...

Sulking at the age of 53
Is not a good thing for such as me
But growing up is not easy to do
When you love life as I do
If you read this and agree

JD JD

In response to “http://data.amirite.net/user_images/5b467c1def1...

Where did you get my photo from...

JD JD

In response to “Where did you get my photo from...

You keep sending them to me by PM... and some of them are quick shocking. (omg)

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

In response to “You keep sending them to me by PM... and some...

I'm pleased you only use the ones where I'm wearing clothes....hehe

JD JD

In response to “I'm pleased you only use the ones where I'm...

I wouldn't dare do otherwise... I'd be DA'd. (wary)

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

We can tell from poor Tink's shocked demeanor,
That the size of the member should wean her
From clicking John's pic,
'Til she realized his trick:  
It was merely a photoshopped wiener.

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

Tantrums? Oh I had a few. The one I don't remember was stabbing my older sister in the face with a screwdriver. She got a few stitches in her eyebrow. She had it coming though, her and my other older sister were laughing at me.

The one I do remember was putting my hand through a window at my parents house because I saw one of my sisters wearing my scarf. I have vague memories of the beating I received for that one.

PhilboydStudge PhilboydStudge

Sassing up to my mother when I was little when she wouldn't let me wear a brand new pair of "coolot" shorts that she bought for me to wear as "school clothes" during the hot month of June, however I wanted to wear(show off) my new Jackson 5 logo looking shorts outside to play.....I don't remember exactly what I said to my mom, but oh man whatever I said to my mom warranted her to slap me right across my face for the 1st time, where I ran in my room crying and wrote on my bedroom paneled wall "I hate my mother, she is a bad mother" lol.

That was the 1st and ONLY time I ever sassed up to my mom... because the sting of me being slapped across my face by my mother RESONATED with me BIG TIME to NEVER, EVER sass/talk back to my stay at home mom who demanded RESPECT.

I remember PANICKING trying to erase what I wrote about my mom being a bad mom, to no avail... so as a little kid and then as a teenager I would always put posters up to cover up what I wrote on my bedroom wall about my mom being a "bad mother".

While recently cleaning out my childhood home after my dad's recent passing for our home to be sold, I could still see a few letters on my childhood bedroom wall where I as a little kid wrote "I hate my mother, she is a bad mother." :(

Gronk17 Gronk17

In response to “Sassing up to my mother when I was little...

You were reacting as any little kid would. I thought (for a brief, angry moment,) that i hated my mother many times. Of course i didnt.

Carla Carla

As a kid throwing a tantrum would be pointless and would only make things worse in our household.

Fredrik Fredrik

Wasn’t aloud to throw a fit. If we did we either got an **** whooping or a table spoon of habanero hot sauce with nothing to drink for an hour.

SassyBitch SassyBitch