Yes, always

Nobody :(

I was before

Nobody :(

No

astral_queenTrishDWFPiper2StarzAboveDandyDonhootowlTanor_FauxSofiaAdaJustJimColoPartyOfOneSunny_the_skepticRoosterThedudeyouhatetomeetFlrdsgnsArmyWifexatherDiegoSassyBitch

Other

Nobody :(

Piper2StarzAboveDandyDonAdaprimeiroCarlaRoosterArmyWifexather
When you go to a restaurant, and you're annoyed with the state of the food, are you rude to the waiter?

I've never been one to be rude to waiters.
Now that I work as one, I'm happy that I was always polite, even when displeased.

We had a problem some weeks ago, where the chef didn't made one of the plates for a table of 8. Two of the ladies were not happy about it when I came later with the plate and they let me know about it loud and clear. Later, one of the ladies came to talk to me to say that she knew I wasn't the one at fault, and that they found no fault with my service. Such a little thing, but I wanted to hug her for it. Not everyone is as polite.

Sofia Sofia OP

Sofia Sofia OP

No. Why shoot the messengers? Besides, the servers often don't have a say in the quality of the food, even if they'd like to improve some of the dishes because they know what customers like and don't like.
They're not the ones making it (or screwing it up), they're just the ones that bring it to you, yet they take all the complaints from displeased customers.

Thedudeyouhatetomeet Thedudeyouhatetomeet

No. We have had waiters who have warned us off some of the food that they knew was up to par. We usually have good waiters but still prefer to cook at home.

ozzyboy ozzyboy

I'm never rude to restaurant employees, or anyone else for that matter. If I don't like the quality of food, I just don't go back to that restaurant.

Flrdsgns Flrdsgns

In response to “I'm never rude to restaurant employees, or...

Same with me. If I don't especially like the food, I might give that restaurant another chance, but there are plenty of other restaurants.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

I never get rude with people making or handling my food.

You never know what they might do to your food..

DandyDon DandyDon

In response to “I never get rude with people making or...

That's the truth. lol

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “That's the truth. lol

Rather just be polite and not go back, if it's that bad.. lol

DandyDon DandyDon

In response to “Rather just be polite and not go back, if...

Exactly. I'm not a picky eater, so it would have to be very bad for me to cause a ruckus...like maybe something in my salad that crawls. lol

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “Exactly. I'm not a picky eater, so it would...

That would do it..lol

DandyDon DandyDon

In response to “That would do it..lol

For sure....(ill)

StarzAbove StarzAbove

Or if they put some kale and avocado in your salad maybe???(chew)

Flrdsgns Flrdsgns

In response to “Or if they put some kale and avocado in your...

hahaha No, I would politely put it in my napkin and continue on with my salad....smiling all the while. lol (biggrin)(biggrin)

StarzAbove StarzAbove

No, I'm not rude to any server or anyone else. I've only had to send one steak back because it was too pink, but I was very nice about it. No sense in making anyone mad.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

I usually try to tip anytime i go to the restaurant. Despite food quality. It's not her/his fault the food sucks, blame the chef(s) preparing it or blame the customer (i.e myself a number of times~) for mistakes (Like adding wrong condiments and ruining their own food. or letting it get cold, pairing it with the wrong drink, etc). Sometimes it's no one's fault, but the food itself and was just a mistake of the origin the ingredients came from.

Tanor_Faux Tanor_Faux

No. I used to be a waitress. I know what they put up with.

ArmyWife ArmyWife

No. But i will ask nicely to have it done properly, if possible. Im a good customer though, I tip well.

Carla Carla

I know that it's not usually the waitperson's fault if something isn't right with the food. I also know that they often get blamed for it still, since I've worked in that position many times.
No, I am very rarely rude to other people, and people who are condescending, imperious and rude to any kind of 'service' person really bug me. I've said something to people like that, when I've witnessed it. I've also had people stand up for me more than once, when it's happened to me.

Piper2 Piper2

Why? The waiter just brings stuff around, I just decide never to go eat there again

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

Never. I pay my bill and don't go back.

Freeranger Freeranger

Never to the waiter! It's not their fault if the cook is crappy. I'll just ask the waiter to take it back and bring something else. Or just pay the bill and leave.

Rooster Rooster

The servers have nothing to do with the food. Even if the cook themselves came out I'd be nice and just explain what had happened. They are human beings,too. Treating people like garbage ever helps.

Trish Trish

In response to “The servers have nothing to do with the food...

That was always my thought. Being rude isn't going to make things go smoother.

Sofia Sofia OP