This way

BlewynanifailtrooperZonkeyBallsGenticles

Other

Piper2StarzAboveJustJimColoPartyOfOneSassyBitch

Piper2StarzAboveAdaPartyOfOneCarlaZonkeyBallsRooster
I was drying my hair and out fell a grey strand. Not complaining, I embrace that silver streak! How do you deal with aging?

By reminding myself that it's better than the alternative.

Linnster Linnster

now wear a single flower in your hair

WonderMan

Linnster Linnster

Linnster has got it right!
I remember looking forward to becoming old enough to go to school like my big sister, old enough to get a job like Dad, old enough to drive a car and old enough to vote. They were milestones in my life and suspect in the lives of others.

No one is able to slow or stop the clock. (It does seem sometimes though that someone is speeding things up!) As I got older I learned to accept new limitations, I'm not able to work in the gardens as long or hard as I used to for example. So, I've learned to plan my effort more wisely. And I've also discovered myself not procrastinating nearly as much. Get it done - while I still can!

Getting older isn't at all dreadful. I try to embrace it rather than avoid it. Cuz, there's only one thing that will stop aging - and that will come soon enough.

Budwick Budwick

In response to “Linnster has got it right! I remember looking...

I agree. What I find is that as I get older, time seems to go faster. It doesn't seem so from week to week, but all of a sudden it's July, then it's December and so on. No, aging isn't dreadful to me at all and I suspect I will continue to feel that way unless I become mentally disabled or find little quality to my life.

Linnster Linnster

I don't worry about it, just live day by day.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

Some places get grey hair faster than others. In guys, it's the beard or mustache before the hair gets even one permanent one. Sometimes, people can have a mixture of hair colours.

I've had a few strands of blond-ish brown hair mixed in with my very dark brown/near black hair, though only in my facial hair do i find those more. Some less brown than others, some closer to black compared to the rest.

Melanin isn't produced evenly or uniformly across the body, so hair can come out with different colouring than others nearby. Hair technically is dead already, but we just count dead hair when it falls out.

Tanor_Faux Tanor_Faux

I agree with Linnster also. I still have salt and pepper hair but my moustache is totally gray! No big deal!

Rooster Rooster

I kind of ignore it. When I get a haircut, I make a joke about, "I must have Superman's hair, look at all those metal shavings coming off your scissors!" They laugh. It's an old guy joke. And they're being polite.

trooper trooper

What linn and others said. You have to appreciate every day and those days only move you forward. We all have an expiration date. We just dont know what it is.
I made a post shortly after getting here about gray hair. Im 59 and have no noticeable gray hairs. Once in a while i will see one, no one else sees them. I have one gray eyebrow hair. Have had it for years. But...my body often feels very gray. Today is one of those days. I have a hard time learning the lesson that i shouldnt do certain things till i hurt. The next day is brutal.

Carla Carla

In response to “What linn and others said. You have to...

It's sometimes difficult to admit to yourself that you can no longer do the things you did when you were young or that it takes you longer to do them. But at some point, you give in and realize that this is how it is and you adjust.

Linnster Linnster

In response to “It's sometimes difficult to admit to yourself...

Oh, ive slowed down, Ive decided that im not lifting heavy things. Mostly:[
Im just a finisher. Not a great starter, but once im running.....
That's the lesson i need now...when to quit.

Carla Carla

In response to “Oh, ive slowed down, Ive decided that im not...

You'll get there ... when you get tired of being achy and sore after you do something you shouldn't have. :)

Linnster Linnster

In response to “You'll get there ... when you get tired of...

Ahh...but you see, linn...im sore before i start:[

Carla Carla

In response to “Ahh...but you see, linn...im sore before i start:[

And that's how two Advil every morning help me get through the day. :)

Linnster Linnster

At 60 my hair is very grey.Have to embrace aging.Can't do anything about it.

Blewynanifail Blewynanifail

In response to “At 60 my hair is very grey.Have to embrace...

I find grey hair on a man very attractive. :)

Linnster Linnster

I have been sober for almost a week. Getting gray is not that much of a problem. I have to do something drastic on Friday... Perhaps... Yeah, I think gin would do the trick.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

There was a time, when I dealt with the stray grey hairs by plucking them out. That would be a very bad idea, these days. (a)

I don't have any one way of dealing with aging, really, except to try not complain or talk about it much.

Piper2 Piper2

I just accept it. Accepting it doesn't mean you have to like it though. <s>

JustJimColo JustJimColo

I ignore it when I can :)

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne