Why are hornets so darn mean?

protecting young

TrishMashatrooperRooster

bad temper

DandyDon

You tell me?

Nobody :(

Other

ZonkeyBalls

DandyDonLorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundredMashaZonkeyBallsRooster
Why are hornets so darn mean?

Explained by LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred...

I haven't seen any untill today. Went out to hang something on the line and for no reason the nasty thing bit or stung me. I only had it happen once before and today was easier to understand. Feels like a burn. I remember years ago I was on a dirt bike and one got into my collar bit me a bunch of times before I was able to stop and understand it was a bite not oil splashing on me. Well I got it off and dressed carefully went out there and watched to see where it came from, a decoration sideways and the things made a nest inside. So at dusk when they all go home to the nest I took a bucket of dirty dish water and filled the thing the nest was floating. No more mean wasps now

They just have a very strong survival instinct. It's all about the nest.

Carla Carla

Carla Carla

In response to “They just have a very strong survival...

That is probably true I wasn't near it . But that one little monster got his whole hive destroyed. It melted in the sink water.

LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred OP

In response to “That is probably true I wasn't near it...

Awww..they eat flies.

Carla Carla

In response to “Awww..they eat flies.

Carla I never heard that. before, probably the reason I keep seeing them close to my compost pit. I am gonna have to research all about it now.(pce)

A big can of Raid will take care of the problem

Flrdsgns Flrdsgns

In response to “A big can of Raid will take care of the problem

Yes that would work. I didn't have any here so I killed the whole hive by dish water.

Nasty upbringing. The queen should always be more than just an authority figure - perhaps some parenting lessons would change the attitude in the hive towards a much more positive approach on life, altering the over-all picture all around...

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

In response to “Nasty upbringing. The queen should always be...

True monarchs can truly be dismissive. Poor soldier wasps. Relegated to sentry. Gotta do something to make life exciting.

Carla Carla

:) zonkey you are good at writing crazy stuff Do you read lots of , sci fi books?(what)

In response to “:) zonkey you are good at writing crazy...

I watch and read, sometimes I eat and digest a writer or two.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

In response to “I watch and read, sometimes I eat and digest...

Oh zonkie please only eat them a little so they can still write more books.

In response to “Oh zonkie please only eat them a little so...

Better that than being nibbled to death by an okapi.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

In response to “Better that than being nibbled to death by an...

https://www.google.com/search?q...38;ie=UTF-8All they do is nibble unless it is a plant. That must be your favorite color scheme??

In response to “https://www.google.com/search?q=okapi&rlz=1...

Black & White - not colors, as such and thus.. It's my favorite anticolor scheme.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

Family first.

Masha Masha

If you were born with a stinger on your butt ...you might not be so easily ready to negotiate..

DandyDon DandyDon