Piper2StarzAboveDandyDonBozetteZonkeyBallsRooster
Do you have a favorite historical period?

Explained by TheobaldHospitaller...

What historical period do you like to read about the most? Would you ever want to live in that period? My three favorite historical periods are the Roman Empire (1st century BC-4th century), the 1960s America (JFK, LBJ, Nixon, Vietnam, Civil Rights), and the High Middle Ages (1100-1400). Really, there isn't a time or place that I'm not interested in, but if I had to pick three, these would be my choices. I'd rather not live during them, though. Too violent and too tumultuous.

40/50s were great times after the war....all earlier times there was too much desease and there was wars where millions died...

JD JD

JD JD

A lot of different periods.

I wouldn't want to live in any of them that didn't have electricity and/or health care..

DandyDon DandyDon

Cold war

DWF DWF

I'm old fashioned so I would have liked to have lived in the Victorian Age, but with all the modern conveniences. lol

StarzAbove StarzAbove

Chicago during Prohibition. Would have loved to have lived then!
But I read almost all genre's so it's hard to pick one.

Rooster Rooster

Well, 24th Century seemed nice enough.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

Period between WWI and WWII

Diego Diego

This is dated to 11,000 years old deer mask

Star Carr Mesolithic archaeological site about five miles (8.0 km) south of Scarborough in North Yorkshire, England.

England is a place I'll never visit
don't mean I don't like to learn of England

I'll never get to Alexandria
that's ok to
this was found not long ago

Ptolemaic black stone sarcophagus

dated to the Hellenistic period in Egypt

I like learning stuff

Neanderthal_Momdoer Neanderthal_Momdoer

I'll have to go with mid 60's to mid 70's. While it was a time of turmoil both politically and with the war, I think we were experiencing now freedoms and ways of expression. That, and the music was great.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

The roaring 20's.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson

One?... No. All of history is interesting to me. Some eras more than others, though, yes. Just before, during, and after WW II facinates me, as do the Biblical times, and of course, American history. I think I may have fit in during the pioneer days (despite not having traveled farther west than the eastern portion of Wisconsin), as well as the time before the "discovery" of America and during the Medieval times. The Enlightenment Period would have been pretty cool, too. Really, all times are interesting to me in some respect. All in all, though, I am glad I grew up when and where I did.

Bozette Bozette

I am kind of fond of the present!
Other eras certainly have their appeal. But, they all had their down sides too.

Maybe I'm just not adventurous enough.

Budwick Budwick

The creation of. . .creation

BlindMist BlindMist