Have you ever dyed your hair? Would you do it?

I have, but not anymore

PartyOfOneZonkeyBalls

I still do it

Nobody :(

I would

Piper2Tanor_Faux

No

BlindMistAdaJustJimColoRoosterSynysterGatesDiegoSassyBitch

Other

DandyDonBozetteSofiaprimeiro

Piper2DandyDonBozetteAdaprimeiroCarlaZonkeyBallsRoosterSynysterGates

Explained by Sofia...

I've recently dyed my hair "Dark Red" as the box says. I like it :D (But not permanent colour. I use the one that washes away bit by bit).

I have not and pretty sure I'll never rob a bank and need to change my identity.

Yea... probably never.

DandyDon DandyDon

I used to dye my then-mid-brown hair to full blonde in my twenties, when I also used to have a huge beard to support the silliness of the style I had chosen. These days, though, I'm getting gray/grey and I guess I'm just trying to be more like a guru on a mountain top, shouting at the trees with one hand.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

In response to “I used to dye my then-mid-brown hair to full...

Going beardless sure is a better option for men than having a gray beard sometimes facial hair is usually the first to go gray or white. Ya I color my stupid hair a lot, usually blonder any other time but spring summer. I like the natural look that the sun gives me a natural curl of blonde here and there.

LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred

In response to “Going beardless sure is a better option for...

I have a week old beard now and since my chin hair is already white, I'd say you might be spot on with your optimistic view about somebody perhaps wanting to shave me, occasionally.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

In response to “I have a week old beard now and since my chin...

Zonkey, I know because I dated a guy some years ago, he was bald on top brown long hair from sides of his head - but a big gray beard, People usually other guys would stop to tell him great beard. Sure took a lot of care, he washed and conditioned that more than I did my hair. At least nobody could say he had nasty crumbs in his beard. Wonder why they can't transplant a beard up to the top of a bald head(emo)

Yea... probably never.

DandyDon DandyDon

In response to “I have not and pretty sure I'll never rob a...

I wasn't aware I have to rob a bank now... I need a partner in crime. Someone has to be waiting with the car ready to go.

Do yoy have a car?

Sofia Sofia OP

In response to “I wasn't aware I have to rob a bank now... I...

Yea, I have a very fast car..

I'll use a mask...still not dying my hair.

DandyDon DandyDon

In response to “Lovely.

(y)(y)

DandyDon DandyDon

That's easy. Don't even bother dying your hair - just use a Superman uniform. Viola! No one will ever recognize your previous identity again.

primeiro primeiro

In response to “That's easy. Don't even bother dying your...

That could possibly work.

DandyDon DandyDon

I did it many years ago when I was in my early 20s. I went platinum blonde. My hair grows so fast that I found myself having to touch up the roots every two weeks, so I went back to my natural medium brown.

Linnster Linnster

In response to “I did it many years ago when I was in my...

That's one of the reasons I don't use permanent. Having to dye the roots again and again is not something I want.

Sofia Sofia OP

In response to “That's one of the reasons I don't use...

I've just let my hair go natural. I have a fair sprinkling of silver, mostly in the front. I keep my hair short and it's wavy. I'll be 73 soon - no hair color is every going to make me look like I'm 25 again. :)

Linnster Linnster

Sofia I am very lazy about my hair it is more trouble than crown. If you find a good person you can get just the roots done, and leave that older hair less stressed with coloring. When I need a touch up I usually just buy at the dollar tree a box of the just for men cheap stuff. Then I part while dry and do it that way. Works well for me until the back is due then I go to a place I can trust. Lasts long enough for me.

In response to “Sofia I am very lazy about my hair it is...

I don't need that much. I'm not in the habit of doing this. I only do it when I feel like it, which is maybe once/twice in three years, if not more.

Sofia Sofia OP

Never have.

Carla Carla

Nope. I've found saying "I will never..." leads to life-altering events. While such is unlikely from a statement over whether or not I'll ever dye my hair, I don't believe I'll risk it.

Bozette Bozette

Never, but nature has changed it to a greyish tone....I kinda like it

JD JD

I used to have a beard and moustache until it started to go grey, this is just before the grey started

JD JD

In response to “I used to have a beard and moustache until it...

JD I understand, a buddy of mine from Iran, so very dark hair, Wanted to color a gaying mustache- well whatever he used colored everything it touched a reddish purple - not too cool a look on him(cool)

Nope! Never have even thought of it. Especially after a much younger woman said my hair looked sexy! I'll take any compliments I can get! (hehe)

Rooster Rooster

In response to “Nope! Never have even thought of it...

compiments are nice - did you get her number?(cool)

In response to “compiments are nice - did you get her...

Actually? Yes I did.

Rooster Rooster

In response to “Actually? Yes I did.

good for you. let us all know if it works out(pty)

In response to “good for you. let us all know if it works...

I will this week-end! (jolly)

Rooster Rooster

In response to “I will this week-end! (jolly)

I hope it's not anyone on this site. (hehe)

SynysterGates SynysterGates

In response to “Oh hell no!

(hehe)

SynysterGates SynysterGates

I still have blonde hair at my age, with a little grey on the sides mixed in with the blonde.

SynysterGates SynysterGates

In response to “I still have blonde hair at my age, with a...

So start doing a little creative painting now to keep people guessing. Too hare to fool anyone if you go from gray to blonde all in one day. (biggrin)

In response to “So start doing a little creative painting...

I din't have much grey right now, and it's really not my style to dye my hair.

SynysterGates SynysterGates

Noooope.... I wouldn't dye it. I'm way too shy for that sort of change in appearance. And I sort of like my current hair color.

But, if I were to ever do it, I guess I'd either make it black, or make it a lighter shade of brown (My hair is a dark shade of brown that might be confused with black if you don't look closely enough.)

The dark red is lookin' good. :)

How about a color that doesn't occur naturally, like blue, purple, green, etc.? Would you ever go for that?

primeiro primeiro

In response to “Noooope.... I wouldn't dye it. I'm way too...

I see so much crazy color out there, I don't like it I only get that chalk or spray on for a fun night out. Then It gets washed out and back to my own color.

Purple, yes, I would. Dark blue too.

Sofia Sofia OP

In response to “Purple, yes, I would. Dark blue too.

Well, I think both these colors can look very good in hair. :)

I also think it can look really good with the hair only partially dyed, like... Dyed... strands? Not sure how to say "mechas". :P Dyed with varying shades of a color.

primeiro primeiro

In response to “Well, I think both these colors can look very...

I think the name is ombre... is it something like this?

Sofia Sofia OP

In response to “I think the name is //ombre//... is it...

Oh, didn't know that name.
Yep! Something like that, yeah. :D
Images are faster. :P

primeiro primeiro

This sort of striped pattern that this singer does to her hair also looks nice. I'd imagine it takes a while to do, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PElunpGt0Ig

primeiro primeiro

Ha. Ahhh....no. I'm good.

Freeranger Freeranger

It was a one-time thing, years ago.

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne

My sister went sorta bonkers and dragged me to her daughter's place to get my hair dyed. I mean after several weeks of pestering me. I resisted because I knew my eyebrows would still be white, making it terribly obvious that the color on top was fake. I was not pleased with the result. It looked like brown shoe polish.

that_guy that_guy

No never have, never will. I'm a natural blonde and not going to mess up a good thing.

StarzAbove StarzAbove