Keep it to yourself.

trooperArmyWife

You may ask and risk suspension.

Nobody :(

Sure , ask away.

DandyDonJerryHendricksonBlewynanifailRooster

No. You haven't been here long enough to cause trouble.

Nobody :(

Ask a moderator in private.

Nobody :(

Other

DWFSofiaZonkeyBalls

DandyDonBlewynanifailCarlaZonkeyBallsRooster
I have been here a very short time. I've heard confusing things. I've seen confusing things. Am I allowed to ask a question that I would really like an answer to? Or is it best to just keep it to myself and just read over and over and over what a few members have to say. I feel I should ask in public because I have been getting private messages from both camps as to who to trust and who not to. As a result of the in fighting, it's hard to trust anyone, including moderators.

Explained by Bingo449...

I can't believe some of the things I've seen so far.

Stay out of politics and religion.

Go by what you think is right or wrong.
There's two sides to all stories, all you can trust is what you believe and your morals..

DandyDon DandyDon

I really like the site the way it is formatted and easy to navigate. Very nice. But some things are unsavory.

Bingo449 Bingo449 OP

In response to “I really like the site the way it is...

There are certain things, when it comes to navigating, that really shouldn't be here... But I guess Blue James is just either not caring about it or just ** lazy and doesn't give a ** about it.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

Stay out of politics and religion.

Go by what you think is right or wrong.

DandyDon DandyDon

In response to “Stay out of politics and religion. Go by...

I know that. What I want to know is if I am allowed to ask about something that may be none of my business. I don't know. I don't want to be suspended.

Bingo449 Bingo449 OP

In response to “I know that. What I want to know is if I am...

You are allowed to ask anything.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

In response to “You are allowed to ask //anything//.

Whether you get thrown off for doing so, well, that's another matter.

trooper trooper

In response to “Whether you get thrown off for doing so...

**** that, troopz.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

In response to “**** that, troopz.

Wanna see a screenshot that got me thrown off?

trooper trooper

In response to “Wanna see a screenshot that got me thrown off?

Most certainly I do, yes, sir.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

In response to “Most certainly I do, yes, sir.

(un) Done

trooper trooper

If it doesn't break any rules, you can ask whatever you feel like asking..

DandyDon DandyDon

In response to “If it doesn't break any rules, you can ask...

That's the point. What breaks the rules? I have seen people suspended and posts deleted that broke no rules as far as I could see. Anyway, I've said enough.
That comment by the way is not what my question is about.

Bingo449 Bingo449 OP

In response to “That's the point. What //breaks// the rules?...

Okay, well I'm not sure what exactly to tell you.

I've never been suspended, so I'll keep doing what I do.

DandyDon DandyDon

What breaks the rules is completely arbitrary.

trooper trooper

If it's a question about specific users, you probably shouldn't ask it publicly, as those questions tend to be removed. Other than that, I don't see why you shouldn't ask any question you want to.

TheobaldHospitaller TheobaldHospitaller

In response to “If it's a question about specific users, you...

Nothing about specific users. Just about site policy. I'm confused.

Bingo449 Bingo449 OP

In response to “Nothing about specific users. Just about site...

Let me make it easy for you.

1. You can ask anything
2. As long as you don't specifically mention another user in a demeaning manner, everything goes
3. Just relax, you're overthinking it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCp2h5jslKY

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

Ask your question. No one can harm you.
Yes...sometimes this place can get ugly. I reckon people dont get that we can have different takes on a variety of subjects. Doesnt mean those opinions have to be expressed by denigrating others who dont share that opinion.
And....what dandydon said.

Carla Carla

In response to “Ask your question. No one can harm you...

I just don't want to be interpreted as taking sides or causing problems. But I do have a question that may be construed as one sided. Worst of all, this ""variance" has not even affected me, but it may in the future.

Bingo449 Bingo449 OP

In response to “I just don't want to be interpreted as taking...

Some of the people complaining about having questions removed were probably asking questions about other users. Just because you don't name them, doesn't mean it's not obvious whom you're attacking in your question. So if it's really not that type of question, I think you should ask it. The worst thing that could happen is that the question would be pulled, but I don't think you would be suspended for it.

TheobaldHospitaller TheobaldHospitaller

In response to “Some of the people complaining about having...

If it's "obvious" , then the post must be TRUE. Right?

Bingo449 Bingo449 OP

In response to “If it's "obvious" , then the post...

It doesn't matter if it's true; you can't attack other users in your post. It doesn't matter how much you don't like that user.

TheobaldHospitaller TheobaldHospitaller

In response to “It doesn't matter if it's true; you can't...

You joined 4 days ago. Even less time than me. What makes you such an authority? (hmm)

Point is, if the post is "obvious" and true, and everyone, including the mods know that the so called target does all the things that are complained about, then why is the target still active? If the allegations aren't proven, then it's also not proven that the specific someone is being targeted.
I know why....

Bingo449 Bingo449 OP

In response to “You joined 4 days ago. Even less time than...

Seems like a lot of those complaints come from people who are blocked by or block those users in question, so why should they even care what that user does? If you block them, you shouldn't see what they post anymore, right? So why do they seem to know everything about what those users do?

I don't know why the mods don't ban users who repeatedly violate the rules. I reported two questions the other day from two different users because it was obvious they were targeting other users. Both questions were removed, but those users are still here, and they still seem to regularly break the rules.

Maybe because if everyone who posted a question that was a not-subtle attack on another user was banned, there'd be no users left.

TheobaldHospitaller TheobaldHospitaller

That is not how truth works. Just because a lot of people keep saying the same thing, it doesn't automatically make it true.

Sofia Sofia

In response to “That is not how truth works. Just because a...

That's not what I said. I said that if a person , or their friends feel targeted , then it must be true. They know who they are. It's their consciences telling them they are being targeted.

Bingo449 Bingo449 OP

If I were new to a site and people started sending me private messages about who to "trust" and bad-mouthing other members....I'm sure I'd tend not to trust them.
I wouldn't know of course, what kind of question you'd really like an answer to...aside from the two you've already submitted.

Piper2 Piper2

In response to “If I were new to a site and people started...

I Know, Right?

Bingo449 Bingo449 OP

In response to “https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyoTvgPn0rU

So that's where he ran to.

DandyDon DandyDon

In response to “So that's where he ran...

No, that's just footage of one of our parties having a nice picnic with dogs. Welcome to Finland.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

In response to “No, that's just footage of one of our parties...

Oh I see...probably making sure there's a fire for smores.

DandyDon DandyDon

Let's scare the shit off of the newbie... Going sideways, completely off the track (when it comes to the original question)... How about... I know...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSmP8vp8tME

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

you're actually only allowed to post opinions and questions if you've been a member for over 8 months

Wunderscore

Trust me. Completely innocuous questions which do not violate the site rules can still get you thrown off the site. Even if it's basically a rebuttal question. It all depends whose Cheerios, you inadvertently, piss in.

trooper trooper

I wouldn't, especially if you are new. I had a dozen friends kicked off because they asked too much or they upvoted the wrong people. JMO. I have had posts removed that broke no rules. I don't ask questions nor do I vote anymore,.

ArmyWife ArmyWife

In response to “I wouldn't, especially if you are new. I had...

I'm sorry, but I don't understand such an event happening on this lovely site. What do you mean with "kicked off"? Were they told to ** off or did they do it without any outside influence? There are no wrong questions, there are no wrong upvotes. Whatever happened with your questions, I have no idea about that. Believe me, all this site needs is right there. New people. Welcome to have a ** blast. (I hope you have the language filter off, otherwise that would be just l-l-lll---llllllll-lame.

EDIT: When you said "dozen", you meant 12 people, right? Left? In between?

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

The Hell with what anyone else wants you to do. Say what you want and if anyone doesn't like it, too bad for them.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson

In response to “The Hell with what anyone else wants you to...

Yeah, just have a look at two of us.

Completely on the other sides of the spectrum, but both seeing the same colors of the spectrum. We are, who we are, and this site takes everybody as they are.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

In response to “Yeah, just have a look at two of...

The only time I ever got suspended is when I challenged a guy to a fight. I was only booted for like 3 days. This place is tolerant and gives people chances.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson

In response to “The only time I ever got suspended is when I...

To some. I have seen the exact opposite. Innocent members, no reason, no warning, no "cool off" period. Just gone, as if someone just doesn't want them here.

Bingo449 Bingo449 OP

In response to “To //**some//**. I have seen the exact...

Are you sure there was no reason, though?

TheobaldHospitaller TheobaldHospitaller

In response to “Are you sure there was no reason, though?

Well, I suppose if one digs deep enough, they may find some obscure technical reason, and if one doesn't dig at all they find nothing. I guess it depends on who you are.

Bingo449 Bingo449 OP

That's something I've never noticed.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson

Just out of curiosity...

None of the sender names will be disclosed here

So far, whatcha got?

Who to trust and who not to?

EDIT: I'm probably in the top five on the "don't trust" -section! :D :D :D

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

In response to “Just out of curiosity... **None of the...

No way are you on that list. There are only 2 people on this site that I don't trust.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson

Just don't be a **** and things will sort themselves out

DWF DWF

In response to “Just don't be a **** and things will sort...

Who decides what being a "****" is? She /he who complains, flags, or reports the most?

Bingo449 Bingo449 OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aB7FxLrS4E

Lyrics in English will follow sooner than you might expect.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

There are the cars and the loans for apartment,
a dog and kids,
furniture from IKEA,
and wife has buttocks trained at the gym.

We're gathering bonuses (a Finnish trade scam, pretty much),
and it does pay off,
Saturday night, we go to the area,
forbidden from the children.
**
Don't swear anything.
We're going east from Hell.

Don't swear anything.
It's a long journey, anything could happen.

Right here, I don't know anyone or myself,
what could happen is that I might get lost, living.
Or I might...
Just stay here.

etc.

Damn it. This the wrong thread. So much for doing more than one thing at the time... Perkele.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

I think I will just keep things to myself... Thanks everyone.

Bingo449 Bingo449 OP

Great job Amirite!
You've got a nine day member terrified to speak openly!
It's like Iran in here!

Budwick Budwick

In response to “Great job Amirite! You've got a nine day...

You ever been to iran, bud? I havent

Carla Carla

In response to “You ever been to iran, bud? I havent

Why no Carla, I haven't!
I DID listen to Mike Pompeo's speech the other day at Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation and Library. He offered unnerving descriptions of what life is like in Iran these days. The punishment for free speaking is pretty severe.
That's where the Iran reference came from.
Thanks for asking.

Budwick Budwick

In response to “Why no Carla, I haven't! I DID listen to Mike...

A bit like it is in russia, i would think. And noko, and china, uae. All places dictated by people trump admires as "strong leaders". Speaking of free speech...what potus has wished to yank security clearances because he doesnt like what people who have them have to say? What potus has called news outlets that dont agree with him, the enemy of the people?
That, bud, is trump trying to supress free speech.

Carla Carla

In response to “A bit like it is in russia, i would think...

That Carla, is protecting national security secrets from leaking all over the New York Times.

The media IS the America's enemy. They have done far more damage than Russia could have dreamed of doing in causing unrest and political divide. I mean, look how much of the BS someone like yourself has bought into!

Budwick Budwick

In response to “That Carla, is protecting national security...

Look at yourself, bud. You support a liar, conman, useful idiot.
How come he isnt pulling the pundits clearances that agree with him, or dont speak against him? He says it's because they are monetizing their political connections. HE is monetizing his office to a degree that is shameful. And you and your compatriots turn a blind eye to that.

Carla Carla

In response to “Look at yourself, bud. You support a liar...

Oh, we're not addressing those other things that I explained away? We're off to another list?

Liar? Conman?, Useful idiot? Don't see that.

I don't think he ever said he said his supporters are monetizing their secret clearances. Pretty sure you've got something mixed up there.

How is he monetizing his office?

Budwick Budwick

I'm kinda late to the post, but I'll tell you what I do, if that helps.
- I try to follow the rules, but if anything of mine gets deleted or muted, I ask the moderators in the messages if I broke any rules, and which one I broke, so I know not to do it again. Until now, they have been straightforward with me.

- If someone tells me not to trust this person and that person, I'll thank them for the warning, and I'll decide for myself if I should trust them or not. There's history between members, some of it pretty ugly. I have people blocked who you might find nice people to get along. There's people who will say I'm not a nice person at all, and others who will say I'm quite nice. You don't have to pick a side, and if someone thinks you do, that's their problem, not yours. But I do think that you should never take the word of someone about others, because one guarantee I can give you: some people will lie about what happened and what they said or did - so you should see for yourself who is what around here.

Sofia Sofia

In response to “I'm kinda late to the post, but I'll tell you...

You, sofia, are a sweetheart. Whomever says otherwise, is cracked.

Carla Carla

If I were you I would just ask the questions I wanted to. But, then, I am a bit like that :)

AliceD AliceD