Twice now, I have heard a black woman say that black people can't be racist.  I'm giving up the argument.  If you judge people on the color of their skin, you're a piece of shit, even if you can't be a racist. You can be an worthless **** no matter what color you are.

• Topics:PeopleRacism
  • Featured on the home page on Sep 13th 2018
  • Post Of The Day on Jul 30th 2018

JerryHendricksonWonderManTanor_FauxDandyDonRoosterDiegoBlewynanifailHELLOwithSMILEZonkeyBallsTrishMazeBudwickSynysterGatesPiper2Skr3wBalldeusvultGabrielBrownjgh57

LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred

DW2BudwickDandyDonAdaWill_JanitorMazeBlewynanifailazlottoZonkeyBallsRoosterSynysterGatesWonderMan
Twice now, I have heard a black woman say that black people can't be racist. I'm giving up the argument. If you judge people on the color of their skin, you're a piece of shit, even if you can't be a racist. You can be an worthless **** no matter what color you are.

Saying that a certain race of people cant be racist sounds as true as the Earth being flat and carried by 3 elephants on a turtle. I'm actually more inclined to believe the latter rather than the first.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

in this case I support people who have white skin despite my being a brown skin. any person who has white fair skin he she can enjoy being white skinned he she can take pride of their white skin. there is nothing wrong

WonderMan

In response to “in this case I support people who have white...

These same people say that women can't be sexist. Like they decide what the definition is.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson OP

In response to “haa ha ha

My main point is just that white men don't have a monopoly on being wrong. Everyone else is just as **** up.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson OP

well I sometimes I feel very jealous of white skin ha ha :)

WonderMan

In response to “well I sometimes I feel very jealous of white...

My skin is no better than yours.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson OP

When I was a kid, it seemed like white and black people absolutely hated each other. I would hear "**" this and "" that and when I would try to socialise with black people I'd usually get a response in which my name is "White Boy." It's really ** up and I don't get it at all.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson OP

In response to “When I was a kid, it seemed like white and...

some things will never change..

WonderMan

In response to “some things will never change..

I sure wish they would.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson OP

In response to “I sure wish they would.

apart from our conversation whenever I look at your photo you seems to me an ancient guy ha ha from B.C. somewhere from Jerusalem hahaha and.. there is a nun on your fridge

WonderMan

In response to “apart from our conversation whenever I look...

I think you just called me old.(crs)

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson OP

How does one reply anonymously?
I am unable to access that feature.

Budwick Budwick

In response to “How does one reply anonymously? I am unable...

It's Wonderman. He switched the name after making the comment.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson OP

In response to “It's Wonderman. He switched the name after...

I wondered the same thing, how is that possible? and how did you know??

LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred

In response to “I wondered the same thing, how is that...

I know because it said Wonderman before it said Anonymous. I have no idea how because I've never even tried to anything annon.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson OP

Anyone can be a racist black peeps saying ALL white people are against them are usually racists.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

In response to “Saying that a certain race of people cant be...

You get my vote for the obscure hindu reference :)

ForkNdaRoad ForkNdaRoad

In response to “You get my vote for the obscure hindu reference :)

That was a hindu reference?

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

In response to “That was a hindu reference?

"carried by 3 elephants on a turtle"

Close enough...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Elephant

ForkNdaRoad ForkNdaRoad

Sunny on a turtle? Poor turtle. That is very funny, you make it up or is it a saying in your bunch.

In response to “Sunny on a turtle? Poor turtle. That is...

Im not on the turtle,the elephants carrying the planet are

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

In response to “Im not on the turtle,the elephants carrying...

Sunny: I knew that but I can see how it didn't look right in my comment.

In response to “Sunny: I knew that but I can see how it...

You're confusing me.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

That sounds like another one of those excuses.

That person probably believes it's okay for black people to call each other the N word....or that if it's in a rap song, it's okay.

Saying...black people can't be racist.
Is a racist, looking for an excuse to be a racist, without consequences.

Anybody can be anything, if they put their mind to it.
What makes the difference is how good or evil that mind is.
Not what color the skin happens to be.

DandyDon DandyDon

In response to “That sounds like another one of those...

AH Dandy don you always get right to it.

I'm guessing that you "talked" to this woman on the internet. IF that's the case, the internet is toxic. That's all I can say.
I get along fine with my black neighbors, male & female, which is about 70% of the immediate neighborhood. Preferable to most of the whites who are on house arrest for being **** offenders of any and all types.
I lend a helping hand if they need it and ask. They will do the same. We are all people trying to survive. Otherwise we leave each other to our lives with an occasional smile and a hello.
Of course, this is IRL. No media or internet to exploit, exaggerate, agitate or stir up trouble.

HELLOwithSMILE HELLOwithSMILE

In response to “I'm guessing that you "talked" to...

You put the word "talked" in parenthesis. I never used that word. Also, you seem to have presumed that I don't get along with black people. Not the case.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson OP

I murdered a prostitute ten minutes ago.

Didn't check out her color. I'm thinking purple.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

So why then, are we talking about skin color... again? Just curious?

ForkNdaRoad ForkNdaRoad

In response to “So why then, are we talking about skin...

Don't even think of blaming it on Trump.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson OP

In response to “Don't even think of blaming it on Trump.

That was a question, not a statement...

ForkNdaRoad ForkNdaRoad

In response to “That was a question, not a statement...

Seems like a question with an accusatory tone to me.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson OP

In response to “Seems like a question with an accusatory tone...

For future reference, mayhaps just check the end of the sentence. Is there a question mark or a period? It's a pretty decent indicator of which is which.

But I would love to know how you mystically infer tone over the interwebs, I've been trying for years to no avail.

ForkNdaRoad ForkNdaRoad

In response to “For future reference, mayhaps just check the...

Okay, since you're grammatically challenged, I'll leave you the definition of tone. It's a word with more than one: tone
tōn/Submit
noun
1.
a musical or vocal sound with reference to its pitch, quality, and strength.
"the piano tone appears monochrome or lacking in warmth"
synonyms: timbre, sound, sound quality, voice, voice quality, color, tonality
"the tone of the tuba"
2.
the general character or attitude of a place, piece of writing, situation, etc.
"trust her to lower the tone of the conversation"
synonyms: mood, air, spirit, feel, sound, flavor, note, attitude, character, nature, manner, temper; More
verb
1.
give greater strength or firmness to (the body or a part of it).
"exercise tones up the muscles"
2.
harmonize with (something) in terms of color.
"the rich orange color of the wood tones beautifully with the yellow roses"

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson OP

In response to “Okay, since you're grammatically challenged...

I see you overlooked the definition of question while seeking some justification for telling me what I meant.

On a post that asserts skin-color doesn't matter, asking why the OP brought it up is a perfectly valid question. And that is all it was, a question.

I think it's **** hilarious that after accusing me of blaming Trump, someone I never even mentioned, you claim I'm "accusatory." That's rich.

Perhaps you could look up psychological projection the next time you peruse the dictionary.

ForkNdaRoad ForkNdaRoad

In response to “I see you overlooked the definition of...

I didn't accuse you of that. I said "Don't even think of blaming it on Trump."

You know why I brought up skin color. I obviously see a pattern in some black women thinking that black people can't be racist.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson OP

In response to “I didn't accuse you of that. I said...

What's the deal with downvoting a dictionary definition anyway?

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson OP

Whatever you say, good luck with all that...

ForkNdaRoad ForkNdaRoad

Notice this definition?
2.

So I say again. Your words are in an accusatory and condescending tone. Glad I could teach you the meaning of a word. My gift to you. You're a little more intelligent now.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson OP

'black people can't be racist" I've also heard that bullsh!t

I got a new slogan: I'm not a racist, I hate everyone equally. ; )

azlotto azlotto

To those saying anybody can be racist:

Black people can be prejudice, yes, but racist, no. Racism is systemic. In order to be racist, Blacks would have to have a system in place that degrades and makes inferior another race. Black people do not have the tools nor the power to systematically and institutionally oppress another race of people. When we acquire that power and we use it to oppress other races to uplift our own, then you can say Black people can be racist.

BlindMist BlindMist

In response to “To those saying anybody can be racist: Black...

That's funny. The definition of the word doesn't say that: rac·ism
ˈrāˌsizəm/Submit
noun
prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.
"a program to combat racism"
synonyms: racial discrimination, racialism, racial prejudice, xenophobia, chauvinism, bigotry, casteism
"Aborigines are the main victims of racism in Australia"
the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.
noun: racism

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson OP

In response to “That's funny. The definition of the word...

That's White privilege talking, to think that the word for word definition of racism is the reality that people who suffer from racism and oppression experience.

White people in this great country the United States of America have not experienced, on a national scale, an education system against them, a justice system against them, a political system against them. They have not experienced the inexplicable fear of police and losing their lives because they forgot to turn on a headlight. They have not experienced poverty to the extent that other races have experienced. They have not experienced getting fired because of wearing natural hair, or being the only person in the room with your skin color because you're the walking example that the job you're working at is fair to all. Looking at TV and seeing the token Black person who has the same personality as all of the other token Black characters on TV.

Yes, you just quoted to me the dictionary definition of racism, but those who have lived racism know that it's so much more complex than that. Again, Whites in America do not have whole systems built against them. Building those systems and then locking out other races from advancement and using those systems to keep others in a suppressed state is showing the world your supposed superiority over other people.

So again, Black people can be prejudiced. We can judge based on race, stereotype, and have preconceived opinions. We can have bias. We can even injure or harm on an individual level. But racism surpasses the individual level and enters the realm of systems and government.

BlindMist BlindMist

In response to “That's White privilege talking, to think that...

That's BS. I just gave you the definition. Just being black doesn't give you the authority to change the meaning of the word. I don't have any privilege from being white. I can tell that this is going to be futile. I grew up poor in a neighborhood that was mostly black and black racism is very real.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson OP

In response to “That's BS. I just gave you the definition...

Ok

I hope you have a nice and fulfilled day. (smile)

BlindMist BlindMist

In response to “Ok I hope you have a nice and fulfilled...

I wish the same for you.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson OP

That is the thing Jerry - People want to use their own ideas of what a word means without understanding the true meaning. (dead)

Whoa! Look at all the wrong in here!
Someone open a window and let some of the wrong out!

Budwick Budwick

Yeah, I was hit, called a honky, a white ****,etc. I was almost blinded with a fishing hook....but because I'm white and it was done to me by black individuals "it's not racism". That's not how it works. The dictionary says racism is hating and discriminating by skin color. They did.

Trish Trish

In response to “Yeah, I was hit, called a honky, a white...

I've been attacked also, so I get where you're coming from.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson OP

In theory sure. When you judge people by the color of their skin you are acting like a racist. See you don't need to talk so rudely.

It is a sad thing, black people just have it in their heads anything they do is ok because they are black. Not a true at all, anyone can be a criminal or a racist including black people.

Jerry who was the woman? Just someone you know? If so why don't you ask her?

In response to “Jerry who was the woman? Just someone you...

Ask her what? I think it's widespread. Just look above a few comments and you'll see an amiriter named BlindMist. She's one that believes black people can't be racist, so I left her the definition....no reply.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson OP

Lorraine,
It's a widely spread belief, not unusual.
Here's a link to a Google Search with over 12 million results.

https://www.google.com/search?s...15.sCbdW4NY1ds

Budwick Budwick

In response to “Lorraine, It's a widely spread belief, not...

bud- just cause a lot of the militant poor me people put up websites, does not make something true(biggrin)

In response to “bud- just cause a lot of the militant poor...

Thanks Lorraine.
I was not aware the the Huffington Post for example is among the poor militant.
Quite an eye opener.

Budwick Budwick

I've heard some people say that too. According to the very definition of racism or "racist" I can sort of understand that assertion, because of the feeling superior to another "race" part in there.

I have no doubt that people of all hues and ethnicity can be and are racist though, even sometimes when they don't purposely wish to be.

Piper2 Piper2

I personally disagree that black people can't be racist, but I do very much think you can't be racist towards white people because white people literally invented race to get ahead of anyone who isn't white. The definition of white has even changed several times from the inception of race to now. You can be a bigot or a mean spirited person, but race and racism can't negatively affect white people. I think black people can be racist by willingly acting as a vehicle for racism toward other black people, such as being a cop.

also stop acting like the dictionary's definition of racism was written 1. before the discourse surrounding racism had gotten to the point where it is now 2. from a perspective outside of the academic approach toward race and society. But you probably don't actually care about racism and just want to complain about a couple black people being mean to you in your lifetime, so I'm sure the dictionary definition is all you need.

Skr3wBall Skr3wBall

1st item of BS: "race and racism can't negatively affect white people."

2nd item of BS: You told me how to stop acting. You don't get to tell me shit.

3rd item of BS:
"But you probably don't actually care about racism and just want to complain about a couple black people being mean to you in your lifetime, so I'm sure the dictionary definition is all you need."

Who in the **** are you to tell me what I care about? The dictionary definition is the actual definition. Liberals don't get to change meanings in the name of political correctness.

4th item of BS: Actually? Absolutely everything in your comment with no exception.

You might want to chill out on smoking that cat shit.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson OP

racist means discriminating based on race/skin color, any human on earth can be racist. liberals hate white so they say only white people can be racist, which is pure BS

deusvult

True Jerry - yet 2 people a statement true does not make.