Control 101: Creating Consensus Reality

MazeJohnWDandyDonThinkerbellRoosterBudwick

Nobody :)

DandyDonozzyboyThinkerbellRoosterJohnW
Control 101: Creating Consensus Reality

Explained by Maze...

[New Dawn Magazine] By carefully controlling mainstream media and educational institutions, elite social engineers are able to control the flow of public discourse in order to serve their own goals and interests. By doing this, they create something akin to ‘consensus reality’. In other words, by controlling the perception of public consensus on any particular issue or event, you effectively control the prevailing reality.

"In other words, by controlling the perception of public consensus on any particular issue or event, you effectively control the prevailing reality.'"

Couldn't agree more.

JohnW JohnW

Couldn't agree more.

JohnW JohnW

In response to “"//In other words, by controlling the...

In other words if I get enough media to say that you killed millions of adorable puppies you will be publicly crucified despite the truth?

It's scary, how are people supposed to know what is going on in reality?

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

In response to “In other words if I get enough media to say...

Sad, but obviously it happens.

I'll never forget the imaginary rape case involving the innocent, Duke University, lacrosse players from 2006 as one of many examples.

JohnW JohnW

In response to “Sad, but obviously it happens. I'll never...

That's different, it's not the media's fault that much. You see the media in those cases just grow fat like vultures. The problem is the kneejerk emotional reaction of people as in execute then ask questions.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

In response to “That's different, it's not the media's fault...

I tend to think the media was very much at fault, not completely mind you, but definitely an accessory.

Those young, male athletes were figuratively executed, then the trial started.

JohnW JohnW

In response to “I tend to think the media was very much at...

Indeed, the media didnt start it but sure riled up a rabble, how else would people react when they're told a lacrosse player raped a girl? You get a mass of hysteria at which point the truth no longer matters, if the court doesn't screw them up the public will.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

This was used effectively in the last election:

First to pretend Trump never had a chance to win. Then to set the idea that immigration was out of control and to blame for all the problems in the world, and finally to cement the idea that Hillary was such a criminal that people had no choice but to pick Trump.

And it was very well executed like a well oiled script.

VicZinc VicZinc

In response to “This was used effectively in the last...

And if you figured that out, no one else could...right?

More like Hillary was made out to be the victim and everyone should feel sorry for her....and vote for her.
Because...well, Bill is her husband..

A very bad, worn out script..

DandyDon DandyDon

My, my, Vic, the wonderful things I learn from you!

So the NY Times was in cahoots with Trump to make people think he had no chance.  Until 9 p.m. on election night, that is. (smirk2)

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

In response to “My, my, Vic, the wonderful things I learn...

Is Sulzberger part of the "elite social engineers" who control the flow of discourse, or is he just a victim like you?

I'll never tell.

VicZinc VicZinc

In response to “Is Sulzberger part of the "elite social...

Read what Sulzberger's paper wrote about Netanyahu's re-election three years ago.

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/03...hu-herzog.html

"TEL AVIV — After a bruising campaign focused on his failings, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu of Israel won a clear victory in Tuesday’s elections and seemed all but certain to form a new government and serve a fourth term, though he offended many voters and alienated allies in the process."

Three editorial comments in the short opening paragraph. It was at that point that I stopped taking the NYT seriously as a source of honest news reporting.

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

In response to “Read what Sulzberger's paper wrote about...

I take no reports seriously regardless of source. That doesn't mean I won't repeat them, for whatever value such repeating might bring to me (mostly my own entertainment).

Nothing matters, so why not just say whatever the hell I want? I don't suppose for one second that you think any comment I (or you) make will have any impact on anything anytime or anywhere. Pretty much like Alex Jones - for me it is just performance art - with the goal of getting any kind of response at all: applause, rotten tomatoes, fury, or just a groan and an eyeroll.

That's what it has come down to for me my little Thinker, a game of dodgeball with words and no one keeping score. But I get a real kick out of your consistent willingness to lob grenades - I only hope someday to guess your motivation.

[I will admit that one time you got my goat, but I won't make that mistake again.] Balls in your court - serve it up.

VicZinc VicZinc

In response to “I take no reports seriously regardless of...

Yeah, but "saying whatever the hell you want" generally means toeing the liberal party line, so it's quite obvious that you take certain sources seriously, your nihilistic pretenses notwithstanding.  (biggrin)

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

AND, Hillary believed the hype that she couldn't lose a stopped campaigning.

AND, the shadow of Benghazi hung over her.

AND the FBI outlined in detail all the crap she did with emails.

AND her husband met with the AG on the tarmac to discuss 'grandchildren' while Hillary was under investigation.

AND Hillary sounds like an angry crow when speaking.

Budwick Budwick

In response to “AND, Hillary believed the hype that she...

Several factors for sure.

VicZinc VicZinc

In response to “//Very// apt, Bud...

OMG! That sounds just like her! Great find!

Budwick Budwick

Like calling anything the media reports "fake news" even if you'll just admit to it a week from now.

ForkNdaRoad ForkNdaRoad