Dear NFL, Screw You And Your Race Baiting Protests.

BudwickThinkerbellRoosterdeusvultLorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundredGabrielBrownDW2hootowl

DWFxatherastral_queen

DW2ThinkerbellRooster

Explained by Budwick...

I am emotionally spent defending my country, my flag, my anthem, and law enforcement from spoiled brat NFL millionaires. These **** wipes had the whole off season to spend their time making a difference in their communities. Hosting events to promote their cause. Putting a little effort into the crap they say they care so much about. But instead, they take the easy cheap **** road, use their employers stage, the teams fame to disrespect the country not to mention the fans that made them rich and famous. NFL ownership are a bunch of **** too. Fire their lazy asses if they refuse to follow the rules. See if they can find another opportunity offering that kind of money. [The french fry station doen's pay that well - even after the minimum wage hike]

NFL viewership was down 10% for the 2017 regular season, and the previous season was down 8% from the season before that.

http://www.latimes.com/business...04-story.html#

Looks like they scr*wed themselves, and richly deserved it.

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

I'll watch little league badminton before lame **, race baiting, pansy ** football.

Budwick Budwick OP

In response to “I'll watch little league badminton before...

Good idea it is the advertising and sales that pay these jerks enormous salaries. Make it clear to advertisers, employers and anyone possible - no more knees or no more support from you. If enough people complain or stop buying what they sell the NFL is finished. We know the owners care more for money than any other ideas.

LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred

I thought that were only 2 players who knelt, each from the Miami Dolphins.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson

In response to “I thought that were only 2 players who knelt...

Of course it's hard to know what can be believed anymore, but I heard there were more. But, one is too many.

Budwick Budwick OP

In response to “Of course it's hard to know what can be...

Let's see what the Dolphins and the NFL do for punishment.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson

I just finished getting the details. Those 2 Miami players were the only ones who knelt. There were only 4 teams in which players staged any kind of protest: Dolphins, Eagles, Jaguars, and 49ers. Either with a raised fist or by staying in the locker room for the Anthem. https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/08/...ers-teams-list

The great majority of players stood respectfully.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson

OK we boycott all dolphins stuff soon those protests will end (dead)

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

In response to “NFL viewership was down 10% for the 2017...

Tink I hope you are right, I don't want any football on my tv , maybe it will end soon. (cool)

Budwick, they are protesting peacefully and have been doing so for over two years.

dru18 dru18

In response to “Budwick, they are protesting peacefully and...

And in that two years, dru, about 18% of their viewers have peacefully stopped watching their games.

http://www.amirite.com/821893-d...otests/2801632

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

In response to “And in that two years, dru, about 18% of...

And that is up to those viewers, just as it is up to the guys who kneel. It's called freedom, Thinkerbell.

dru18 dru18

In response to “And that is up to those viewers, just as it...

Yep, and if the team owners who pay their salaries find that their kneeling is costing the franchise too much money, they can refuse to renew the kneelers' contracts, or impose other sanctions.

It's called business, dru, not to be confused (as you have) with freedom from government interference with expression of opinion.

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

In response to “Yep, and if the team owners who pay their...

It's still called freedom, not to mention free speech, Thinkerbell, not to be confused with Trump's low mentality on either topic.

dru18 dru18

In response to “It's still called freedom, not to mention...

The two Cheesecake Factory employees who were quite properly fired for disparaging a customer about his MAGA hat learned the hard way that your definition of "freedom" of expression does not apply when it is subject to a condition of employment.

https://miami.cbslocal.com/2018...sparaged-maga/

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

In response to “The two Cheesecake Factory employees who were...

Of course you cited an example of two Trump supporters.

Sorry but employee/employer relationships usually don't have the president of the United States weighing in.

dru18 dru18

In response to “Of course you cited an example of two Trump...

You got it wrong, as usual, dru. (biggrin)

The two fired employees were anti-Trump. There was one customer who was wearing the MAGA hat. Most likely, you didn't bother to read the news report or listen to the clip.

And what does a president weighing in on employer/employee relations have to do with anything? That suddenly determines what the employee's "freedoms" on the job are, even when the kneeling controversy preceded the president taking office?
One of your typical muddle-headed non-sequiturs, dru.

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

In response to “You got it wrong, as usual, dru...

No, I wasn't wrong.

Have you ever known a president to put his thumb on the scale when it came to private ownership of the NFL teams?

Every time this president gets nearer to the flame he pulls out the kneeling player card. It's amazing how you fall for it.

dru18 dru18

In response to “No, I wasn't wrong. Have you ever known a...

You were wrong on each point, as I explicitly showed, but you characteristically dodged both of them, with yet another non-sequitur. (biggrin)

Not the NFL, but yes, I can think of a famous case of a president putting his thumb on the scale of private ownership, including also the workers' union of the industry in question. But of course, you probably won't watch/listen/comprehend or comment on the clip, as per your usual practice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWNhWANkq0Q

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

I looked at the article you cited here. If you read carefully Tinky - it lists a bunch of reasons why viewership is down - not just the kneeling stuff.

xather xather

In response to “I looked at the article you cited here. If...

Yep, there are about 15 reasons why viewership is down, according to this poll.

And guess which reason was by far the largest in 2017?
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/...174235780.html

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

Correction - They are disrespecting America and have been doing so for over two years.

Budwick Budwick OP

In response to “Correction - They are disrespecting America...

No, they are not disrespecting America. Disrespecting America would be burning the flag or letting it touch the ground (which everyone seems to do nowadays). That is what I was taught when I was little. You also couldn't wear the flag, another thing people do today.

Kneeling is a way of peacefully protesting police brutality towards young African-American males.

People fought in wars for these very freedoms.

dru18 dru18

In response to “No, they are not disrespecting America...

Dru, I'm flipping you ,my middle finger,...
Out of respect and honor!

Budwick Budwick OP

In response to “Dru, I'm flipping you ,my middle...

Well I wouldn't expect anything higher class from you.

You honestly equate the middle finger with kneeling?

dru18 dru18

In response to “Well I wouldn't expect anything higher class...

No, it's more like dropping my pants and bending over.

Budwick Budwick OP

In response to “No, it's more like dropping my pants and...

Once again, you equate showing your **** to kneeling? Hmm....interesting.

dru18 dru18

In response to “Once again, you equate showing your **** to...

You equate yourself to the National Anthem?

Budwick Budwick OP

In response to “You equate yourself to the National Anthem?

Nice attempt at a comeback but that doesn't even make sense.

dru18 dru18

In response to “Nice attempt at a comeback but that doesn't...

I know Dru.
Metaphors can be really, really hard.

Budwick Budwick OP

In response to “I know Dru. Metaphors can be really, really hard.

A metaphor has to at least relevant to what we were discussing. Yours wasn't.

dru18 dru18

So...you are emotionally spent from "defending your country" from a few NFL players who choose to take a knee during the national anthem?

I keep seeing and hearing liberals and "progressives" being accused of Trump Derangement or Anxiety Disorder Syndrome, yet many...most of their concerns are about issues FAR more important than what some football players choose to do before a game.
Perhaps a cup of chamomile tea would help with your emotional distress....

Piper2 Piper2

In response to “So...you are //emotionally spent// from...

Clever girl!

Go get your cookie from Uncle Vic!

Budwick Budwick OP

In response to “Clever girl! Go get your cookie from Uncle Vic!

Fresh from Vic's oven. (biggrin)

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

I'm certainly clever enough to discern the difference between issues that justifiably cause emotional distress for people, and feeling so incensed about some NFL players not standing during the national anthem.

That's really pretty lame, Budwick...the cookie from "Uncle Vic" thing. I do realize how much you dislike those who dare to voice views you don't personally disagree with, and all..but that cookie thing just isn't even remotely "clever".

Piper2 Piper2

Piper, don' even try, you can't debate with insanity.

dru18 dru18

In response to “Piper, don' even try, you can't debate with...

I know...every now and then, though.

Piper2 Piper2

In response to “I know...every now and then, though.

There is a glimmer.

dru18 dru18

In response to “There is a glimmer.

Dru, Go toward the light!

Budwick Budwick OP

In response to “Dru, Go toward the light!

It's not my time!!

dru18 dru18

If America is so awful why not leave and start a football league in which other country they deem would be more fair and equitable.
My beloved Dolphins are off the list and it seems that the Cowboys will be the only ones I'll even consider watching.

ozzyboy ozzyboy

In response to “If America is so awful why not leave and...

Soo.....you gonna watch them practice or will another team he involved?

Carla Carla

In response to “Soo.....you gonna watch them practice or will...

I would be focused on the cowboys, probably practice and then just know the score at the end. Football went off the list quite a while ago.

ozzyboy ozzyboy

The problem is that the Cowboys play against other teams.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson

Yes an african country, let them see how lucky they are to be in usa under any reasonable conditions. Reasonable is just what those kneelers are not. (dead)

Bud...if a bunch of white players took knees to protest what happened in benghazi, during obamas administration, you and your comrades would have cheered them.
And i reckon if the nfl insults you so, you could ignore the whole situation. Maybe just not watch.

Carla Carla

In response to “Bud...if a bunch of white players took knees...

Carla, a bunch of white players DIDN'T kneel to protest Benghazi.
For them to have done so would have been stupid - incongruous, unhelpful not to mention disrespectful to the anthem, country, military.

Your story does however create a darling straw man!

that.

Ignoring problems and insults from anyone doesn't make the problem or insult go away. I mean, I could say the same to you - if you have a problem with my comments, maybe just look the other way and STFU!

But, I'm to warm and sensitive to say or do anything like

Budwick Budwick OP

In response to “Carla, a bunch of white players DIDN'T kneel...

Yes, bud....i *could* say many things, too.
Most, well...true but harsh. I wont even give an example as i am, too, so very sensitive.

Carla Carla

Ok, let's try to sort this out. What exactly are you defending? You list a few symbols, but you are opposed to everything those symbols stand for. You state your case with a flood of insulting terms, as if you have a right to state your case but they don't. You state your case on somebody else's forum, same as they do, but you think your actions are right and theirs are wrong.

How is it that you tolerate the NFL displaying patriotic symbols when you (or somebody) paid to watch a game, but you resent fellow Americans doing the same thing? The only case here is that you disagree with ... I'm not sure exactly what you disagree with. You are so worked up that you have not stated your case clearly. But you sure know a lot of insults.

that_guy that_guy

Hear Hear! Perhaps when NFL games become nothing more than side shows on “The View”, and million dollar contracts lose a couple decimal points..

DW2 DW2